Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 30, 2019 20:45

OK, after digesting and contemplating all this...

Regarding refunds - I see in my TM account there is a 'request refund' for my Lucky Dips at Glendale.
But for Santa Clara Lucky Dips and Pasadena regular tix, there is no option. Not that I'm seeking refunds for any - yet - but is it because it's 'postponed'?
Or do different venues have different policies? Or maybe TM hasn't added the refund option yet for all shows?

I recall in the past during Licks there were a couple postponed dates and then rescheduled months later for Amsterdam and London that I couldn't possibly attend, and was able to get refunds for both.
But have things changed? If there's no way I can attend the possible rescheduled dates, will I be able to get a refund, or will I be stuck with tix unless they're ultimately cancelled?
If that's the case, why do I see the 'refund' for Glendale?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-30 20:49 by Hairball.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: March 30, 2019 20:49

Hairball

Regarding refunds - I see in my TM account there is a 'request refund' for my Lucky Dips at Glendale.
But for Santa Clara Lucky Dips and Pasadena regular tix, there is no option. Not that I'm seeking refunds for any - yet - but is it because it's 'postponed'?
Or do different venues have different policies? Or maybe TM hasn't added the refund option yet for all shows?

I recall in the past during Licks there were a couple postponed dates and then rescheduled months later for Amsterdam and London that I couldn't possibly attend, and was able to get refunds for both.
But have things changed? If there's no way I can attend the possible rescheduled dates, will I be able to get a refund? Or will I be stuck with tix if postponed, but able to get refund only if cancelled?

Same here. Refund option for the cheap Lucky Dips, but not for the pricey Pit tickets I got. I'm trying to get through to an agent on their chat to see why that is.

Not sure I could make it for the rescheduled dates, so definitely hoping I can get a refund here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-30 20:50 by Lorenz.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 30, 2019 20:52

I also admire that health is private. But, I'm going to speculate a bit! Sorry! I think that he did something with his vocal chords during rehearsals. I hope he gets better fast!!!

Date: March 30, 2019 20:52

Lorenz
Hairball

But have things changed? If there's no way I can attend the possible rescheduled dates, will I be able to get a refund? Or will I be stuck with tix if postponed, but able to get refund only if cancelled?

Same here. Refund option for the cheap Lucky Dips, but not for the pricey Pit tickets I got. I'm trying to get through to an agent on their chat to see why that is.

Not sure I could make it for the rescheduled dates, so definitely hoping I can get a refund here.

Yeah Lorenz - as someone mentioned earlier, might be best if they completely cancel giving refunds, and then start from scratch so people can figure out itineraries, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-30 20:53 by Hairball.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 30, 2019 20:54

grzegorz67
1985jayer
weinerdog
The fact that they're still selling tickets to TBD dates seems like a hopeful sign to me. All the best to Mick!

The tour is being scheduled for the early fall now, September east coast and Chicago , October is south and west part of USA. Was looking forward to NOLA, looks like I will still go to NOLA and drink some Absinthe. Feel better Mick

That sounds feasible. The 1981 tour began in Philadelphia on 25th September.

Mick and the boys were in their 40's. Big difference.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 30, 2019 20:56

An illness that requires 3-6 months to recover from and arises extremely suddenly and is kept secret. Feels worrisome. I would expect if it were a vocal issue or a leg injury or something, they would disclose that, & a hip replacement is not a sudden issue. Hope he's ok.

(Also hope there's not some me too story from the 70's about to break or something-doubt it but thought went through my mind.)

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: March 30, 2019 20:58

Hey... He's Mick Jagger. He'll be back.
If it was very serious, tour would had Been cancelled. Im 100% sure Stone Will be Rolling soon.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:02

To all concerned, refunds are issued, but you need to ask for it in certain cases. See info below via ticketmaster chat:

"The reason for this is because your tickets are Platinum, and for Platinum seats you need to reach out to get a refund. Which you are doing, so if you dont mind waiting a little bit, I will initiate the refund process"

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:04

love to mick

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:04

All the best Mick …..
Look after yourself
Hope all is well ………..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:05

I only think of his health and wish him a full recovery. I will see them when they return, when all is well. I may eat the tickets the airfare and the hotel bookings I don't care....that's a "first world problem" not something to feel bad about when I look around me.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:05

Get well soon, Mick!! We love you, and are worried about you.

Drew

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:13

Can't see that it would make much difference if the cause was revealed, as people would still speculate that it was not the "real" cause but something worse.

As it is, various news outlets are already saying he's fallen "ill" or "sick", which is not what the official announcement said at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-30 21:17 by Beast.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:15

Best wishes and a full recovery for Mick...

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:15

As an FYI, for those of you who bought tickets on Stubhub, you will not be able to get a refund unless they event is canceled.

There will probably be a hugh uproar over this as many people will not be able to make the rescheduled date, if and when that happens.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:19

Sad news and frustrating for a lot of fans, especially the ones travelling long distances that will be out of pocket.

Most importantly though - best wishes to Mick for good health and a quick and safe recovery from whatever is affecting him right now.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:21

Best wishes and get well soon Mick !

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:24

It does seem perhaps most likely that something happened or came to light during rehearsals
(vocal cord strain/throat issue etc).

Some positive signs so far are the various messages from the band have been "full recovery expected" "see you very soon" etc. Also a very good sign that they are postponing as opposed to canceling.

Feel badly for those traveling from outside the US. If this had happened prior to the UK leg, I would have been devastated as nearly all my travel plans were non-refundable. Here's hoping whatever the issue, Mick recovers very quickly and they perhaps keep some of the later dates intact.

Date: March 30, 2019 21:28

Mick, we love you <3

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:28

Well,l had 3 tickets for opening night,my kids were going to fly from New York and me from Puerto Rico,at least we had no bought plane tickets yet,is a bummer BUT the Stones have given us more that enough with their music and tours,personally l have seen them plenty of times in the past,my main wish is for Mick to be well,with whatever is ailing him,good vibes for him and his family,and if this is it for touring ,no problem,just a big THANK YOU for all the good times....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: admorgan ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:29

Pretty sure that legally they have to offer refunds if dates are changed. Wouldn't put it past TM to try and squirm out of it though.

Get well soon, Mick!

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:35

have no idea what current policy's are but...

the stupid movie cancelled the LA Dodger stadium show original date. wednesday before thanksgiving was never gonna workout plane ticket wise. (which is why i never really cared for the movie. why not do it after the tour? whatev's.) but i tried to get there and when it was no go the tuesday night before the show i called ticketmaster to cancel. they saw i was coming / bought my tickets out of town and gave me a refund over the phone. so in 2006 you could refund the night before if you were out of town. same today? no idea.

sounds like mick gets to sit around and wait til his medicine cures him. based on the contract everyone will want to have the make-up dates as close to the originals as possible. a lot of dates are in warm weather cities. still possible that it's a summer tour only backwards (open chicago, close miami). woody had CANCER (HELLO complainers!) and they were back out in sept. we can wait.

oh, and when they do go back out they're gonna do 'dear doctor'. so, there's that. so be thankful ya friggin' ingrates. (yeah i know this news 'harsh's your mellow' for the tour, but mick wants the tour more than you do)

Posted by: lougio ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:37

I wonder if some of the later dates on the tour will remain the same when they rescheduled?

Date: March 30, 2019 21:38

Lorenz
To all concerned, refunds are issued, but you need to ask for it in certain cases. See info below via ticketmaster chat:

"The reason for this is because your tickets are Platinum, and for Platinum seats you need to reach out to get a refund. Which you are doing, so if you dont mind waiting a little bit, I will initiate the refund process"

Thanks for that info., but none I purchased are Platinum.
Two shows are Lucky Dips (Glendale and Santa Clara) while for Pasadena I purchased regular semi-inexpensive seats for my wife and I during presale at $147+fees each.
Again though, still holding out hope while waiting for rescheduled dates, but if the dates don't work then will seek refunds.
Will definitley make Pasadena happen as it's close to home, but the other two are a bit iffy as they require a long roadtrip w/hotels, etc.

Ultimately though, my thoughts are with those who made extensive travel plans, and most importantly the well being of Mick Jagger!!!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:44

My H was able to refund Platinum/PIT Ticketmaster S. Clara
there was no ‘refund button’ so employ the live chat feature
not exact sure
but heartbreaking enough
you will get your refund
paid PayPal, right away

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:47

I actually just got a call from a toll-free TM number informing me that the Oro-Medonte gig was postponed, and to hold onto the info for a reschedule...

Very unusual...

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:51

The big question is what will they do about the NOLA JAzzFest tickets?
The Fest will still happen, but they will need to adjust the price for May 2 and refund lots of money. (Unless they can get Led Zep to replace the Stones - LOL)
There is an announcement on the front of the JazzFest website saying details will follow soon.
All the other venues can be rescheduled but the Fairgrounds for Jazzfest is another story. I wonder how they will reschedule NOLA?

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:53

spikenyc
The big question is what will they do about the NOLA JAzzFest tickets?
The Fest will still happen, but they will need to adjust the price for May 2 and refund lots of money. (Unless they can get Led Zep to replace the Stones - LOL)
There is an announcement on the front of the JazzFest website saying details will follow soon.
All the other venues can be rescheduled but the Fairgrounds for Jazzfest is another story. I wonder how they will reschedule NOLA?

Play the Superdome? I'm not sure.

Posted by: fuwa ()
Date: March 30, 2019 21:53

Hairball

But have things changed? If there's no way I can attend the possible rescheduled dates, will I be able to get a refund, or will I be stuck with tix unless they're ultimately cancelled?
I had 2 luck dips for Santa Clara. They are not on the participating list provided for refunds and the refund button didn’t come up on my account. I went to Live Chat and got the refund that way. I think this is pretty serious as why not just postpone the first few dates instead of the whole tour?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-30 21:57 by fuwa.

Rescheduling a Tour: Logistical and Practical Aspects
Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:37

Assuming everything will go on as planned, albeit at a later date, I can only assume something like this may be difficult to pull off.

First, venues must be rebooked. Availability may be limited. I would think this also incurs fees if you cancel a date too close to showtime, as the venue must now try and book a new customer on short notice. Kind of like when you cancel your hotel stay 2 days before you're supposed to check in.

Then you have the attendees, of which there are several types:

1) I want to keep the seats and I did not book flight/hotel.
2) I want to keep the seats and I wasted a bunch of money on flight/hotel and vacation time.
3) I cannot make it to the rescheduled show. I did not book flight/travel.
4) I cannot make it to the rescheduled show. I wasted a bunch of money on flight/hotel and vacation time.
5) I have not bought a ticket yet.

You're gonna retain type 1 and 2, but type 2 will be very pissed off. Types 3 and 4 are lost. Type 5 may be difficult to add since you need to sell the seats for types 3 and 4 as well now. Anyway you look at it (sic), I can't see how the band can get off without some serious money being lost.

This is similar to the situation with the Australian tour a few years ago when you-know-what happened right before the tour. I was curious as to the outcome--were they ultimately able to fill the venues or did they cancel shows?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1571
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home