Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:51

Praying for a speedy recovery Mick! Very scary to hear something like this for him but it seems like it's nothing too serious, which is a relief. I'll be holding on to that ticket of mine. One's health is so important, especially for a man who will be 76 this year.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:51

Beast
Depending on Mick's recovery, I suppose that they could still keep some of the existing dates in the east and then head west later on - i.e., keep the second half of the tour as is and then tag on the current first half at the end instead. That would give him two months to recover if they started instead in June.

So I'm not yet cancelling my east coast arrangements till the new dates emerge.

I hope so.. but as long as we don’t know exactly what kind of ilness or injury he has, we can only speculate about it.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:57

BitchKeepsBitchin
OMG this is devastating news for MICK, the band, and the fans. I'm sure whatever the physical ailment is this is something that could not be ignored. Get well soon MICK, we LOVE you so very dearly, please take care of yourself. We will be waiting for you when you are ready.

That being said, I have to wonder if it wouldn't have been better to refund the tickets now and sell again later when we see what the new dates are. Everything could change, the order of the shows, the venues, etc. What if we cant make those new dates, are we stuck with the tickets anyway? As it is many of us have spent our money on travel plans now and may not have the money to make new travel plans in the future. This is a nightmare for many of us who took time off work and spent lots of money on air travel. It seems dumb to go to these cities without a show just because its paid for and not be able to go when they reschedule. I'm so confused and upset right now. I need a voice of reason, Somebody help me up off the floor.
I second that emotion

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:58

Devastating news - Sparky top sends Mick love and light and best wishes of a speedly recovery from whatever ails him. We loveyou dude!~ Get well soon oxoxoxoxo

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:59

They should at least let us know if he’s injured or ill.its concerning that they give no information other than he’ll be back soon.
I’m not too worried yet but it is unsettling.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:03

Sometimes I always tend to think about the worst.
Remember in 2014 when they said Bobby Keys is feeling a bit under the weather and hopes to get back on stage soon. sad smiley

Posted by: Shade ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:03

Bad news! I was just daydreaming about Boston in June

Get well soon Mick! Long Live the Stones

Hopefully they inform us soon about cancellations, new dates, or refunds

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:04

Well I know nothing but feel calm although my voice shook when reading news to H.

I will not speculate but accept whatever Mick chooses to share.

I love the guy, and maybe a clean ‘cancel’ takes the load off his shoulders, instead of postponing looming like 1,000 pounds.

So whatever is best for him.

Personally, I am going for a refund. If/when new dates are released, I will get back in the new game.

My heart is with Mick today. Hope Bjornulf’s hanging in there too.

Date: March 30, 2019 18:05

I curse TicketMaster because my two $280.06 tickets did cost $666.56.
That was the original ripoff.
In all fairness to them, it appears that 100% of my purchase price $666.56 is scheduled to be returned to me in 7-10 days.
Now one can wonder, why it takes so long to refund my money in the age of computers... Are they intending to send me a check via the Pony Express or Wells Fargo Stagecoach...
TicketMaster has had my money (and millions of dollars more) collecting interest since November 30. I will tell you that it DID NOT take 7-10 days for my charge to be posted on my credit card initially... that seemed to happen immediately.
Here is what I want... Whatever it is that is ailing Mick Jagger... He should recover soon... Contrary to What the Who sang... I refuse to believe that 'The Song is over'

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:08

HopeYouGuessMyName
In all fairness to them, it appears that 100% of my purchase price $666.56 is scheduled to be returned to me in 7-10 days.
Now one can wonder, why it takes so long to refund my money in the age of computers... Are they intending to send me a check via the Pony Express or Wells Fargo Stagecoach...
TicketMaster has had my money (and millions of dollars more) collecting interest since November 30. I will tell you that it DID NOT take 7-10 days for my charge to be posted on my credit card initially... that seemed to happen immediately.

Glad to see you've got your priorities straight.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:09

DeanGoodman
HopeYouGuessMyName

Yup

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:10

It said illness not injury. So more serious unfortunately.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:13

Health is private. The message says he will recover completely so all the best to Mick for a complete recovery.

Bjornulf

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:15

BV, Georgelicks, anybody, news on his condition or when we will hear about new dates???

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:16

sanQ
It said illness not injury. So more serious unfortunately.
Illness and treatment. Let's not it is somethong starting with "C", but are throat thing affecting his singing. But, why should it take more than a month!!! Scary.

Posted by: Slimreaper ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:21

The official statement" Mick has been advised by doctors that he cannot go on tour at this time, as he needs medical treatment. The doctors have advised Mick that he is expected to make a complete recovery so that he can get back on stage as soon as possible."..... Nothing about illness... maybe something turned up in the pre tour physical...or maybe he blew out a knee...who knows ? I'm holding onto my tickets for sure...I can wait for The Rolling Stones smiling smiley

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:23

Sipuncula
I'm floored like everyone else, and I hope Mick makes a full recovery.

I doubt they would announce that the tour was cancelled immediately, even if it was likely to happen that way. Better to postpone the inevitable if there is even some small chance that the tour was still possible. There will be a lot of speculation on here today about what is going on with Mick, and unfortunately it's gonna devolve into arguments about how much we should speculate, (i.e., should we self-censor to respect Mick's privacy at this difficult time vs. he's a public figure and I paid for those tickets and I deserve at least to know what's going on), then bv's gonna lay down some rules, and I agree with that to some extent. Is it healthy for us to speculate on such things? It helps me make sense of what has happened. I have my own worst-case scenario fears and I'm turning over medical differential diagnoses in mind because it's what I do, and I have a running list in my head about what ailments could possibly meet the criteria outlined in the statement (Gotta postpone tour because it requires treatment immediately but complete recovery is anticipated...). My stance is that I would appreciate knowing what exactly the problem is. Such is public life, especially when you have paying customers. Hope Mick gets well.

Regarding tickets being refunded immediately vs. rain-check, I can imagine a lot of very pissed off people if they play the same venue at a later date and you are able to make it and you have to go through the nightmare of buying the tickets once again. So, no. Give people the option. I'm holding on to my tickets.
My thoughts exactly. Decided to give it a miss this time around but if I had bought tickets I would be holding out hope unless I was travelling from far away...to be honest I’m very worried for Mick, but I’m a worrier.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:25

All the best for Mick's health and a full and speedy recovery from whatever ails him. It's unfortunate that I and others will miss seeing them at the NOLA Jazzfest, but I still expect my week there to be a gas, and Jazzfest will still be great, if just a little less fun without our boys. Perhaps Keith can do an Expensive Winos set to fill the gap?

To think that my 80 year old aunt and uncle drove down from Baton Rouge and waited in the rain for 4 hours to get tickets for my cousins and I. My aunt's health is frail and she was weakened by that experience, but so happy to get the tickets for us. She's a saint, and I am still looking forward to taking she and my uncle out for lunch and a visit while down there. A little of a bummer, but as they say, when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. Health to all. We will survive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-30 18:27 by Javadave.

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:25

The fact that they're still selling tickets to TBD dates seems like a hopeful sign to me. All the best to Mick!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:26

sanQ
It said illness not injury.

Official statement said neither.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:34

They want people to hold tickets for 2 reasons. They have the money sitting in a "bank" making a few percent interest. This is at least $1 million using a back of the envelope figure. Second, if the shows do happen, it is less tickets to resell and discount. Not every one will be able to go which will lower demand and price. I planned on doing 4 but in all reality if the tour is rescheduled I will only be doing 1 or 2.

Date: March 30, 2019 18:34

steffialicia
DeanGoodman
HopeYouGuessMyName
[/quote

Yup

Oh great... even in iorr... there is fake news and lying... What you want to insult me for caring about my refund... and then you stupidly insult my priorities.... Were you too stupid too see how I ended my post:Here is what I want... Whatever it is that is ailing Mick Jagger... He should recover soon... Contrary to What the Who sang... I refuse to believe that 'The Song is over'

There is nothing wrong with my priorities... I cared about my refund and I hope the best for one of the greatest performers ever... WTF is wrong with my priorities?

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:36

Get well Mick. I would never bet against The Rolling Stones, they will be back.

Posted by: streamer ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:37

Sorry to hear this news. I had no plans to attend any shows , but was following along just the same. Of course I wish the best for all those involved. These people are the Mozarts of our time and we don't want anything negative to happen. They become a part of who we are.
XO

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:40

My heart sank, when I got the email. It can't be! Sending healing light and LOVE to Mick, trying not to worry, visualizing a full recovery. He is human, but he is resilient.

On a personal note, I was a Wednesday for the cancelled Las Vegas show and couldn't reschedule. It seems surreal to happen again.

<3 <3 <3 MICK <3 <3 <3

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:40

Just received multiple email notifications, and then tuned in here to find more info.

GET WELL MICK!!!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:43

Hairball
Just received multiple email notifications, and then tuned in here to find more info.

GET WELL MICK!!!

Hi Hairball: I noticed a bunch of people logged in on a Saturday AM, didn't read the sticky, and heard about this on the radio. Your advice and comments are appreciated man.

Posted by: Riffhard79 ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:45

I'm devastated, put all my savings in going with my family from The Netherlands to Florida for the Miami and Jacksonville shows. Nothing except one hotel is refundable for a eventual rescheduled date.

Above all I hope Mick will be okay soon!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:48

HopeYouGuessMyName
Here is what I want... Whatever it is that is ailing Mick Jagger... He should recover soon... Contrary to What the Who sang... I refuse to believe that 'The Song is over'

From a former banker perspective I also find this ‘interesting’
And I know by typing that it didn’t mean your focus wasn’t on Mick.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: March 30, 2019 18:48

Get well, Mick!

You have thousands, probably millions, in support and pulling for ya, whatever is the ailment...

Patience will be key here, folks... I'll focus on positive vibes for Mick and The Stones. There'll be time for new plans soon enough...

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home