Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: RG ()
Date: March 30, 2019 16:52

Get well soon, Mick! That’s the most important thing. I had tickets for both NJ shows and I already booked my flight (travelling from The Netherlands) and hotel. I am afraid and worried now that I will never see them live again.

Date: March 30, 2019 16:57

OMG this is devastating news for MICK, the band, and the fans. I'm sure whatever the physical ailment is this is something that could not be ignored. Get well soon MICK, we LOVE you so very dearly, please take care of yourself. We will be waiting for you when you are ready.

That being said, I have to wonder if it wouldn't have been better to refund the tickets now and sell again later when we see what the new dates are. Everything could change, the order of the shows, the venues, etc. What if we cant make those new dates, are we stuck with the tickets anyway? As it is many of us have spent our money on travel plans now and may not have the money to make new travel plans in the future. This is a nightmare for many of us who took time off work and spent lots of money on air travel. It seems dumb to go to these cities without a show just because its paid for and not be able to go when they reschedule. I'm so confused and upset right now. I need a voice of reason, Somebody help me up off the floor.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 30, 2019 16:59

I'm just so worried. Pray everyone please.

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:03

Let's look at the potential positives for now:

The tour is postponed not cancelled

Had it been something "really bad" I'm sure they would have caught it earlier with insurance being a big thing these days and Mick's own criteria of health and what's possible these days in terms of catching "things" early on.

Mick's son Lucas posted as a response on instagram "You'll be back fast".

None of the above is any guarantee that it's not something to worry about, but it let's us have hope that it's not and that Mick will get over this thing much quicker than most 75 year old men would! :-)

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:04

If it's an injury like a knee or foot problem then someone will get a video of him limping around hopefully that's all it is .

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:05

Get well soon Mick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: March 30, 2019 17:07

Curse TicketMaster and their insanely immoral service charges - the good news from buying on TicketMaster is that the refund was accomplished with the click of a button. I have already received an email confirming refund is on the way. I still want to see this tour, and when they announce the new Chicago date(s) I will likely wait until the day of the show to purchase my tickets. Of course, if tgey really do reschedule - this postponement could really convince more people that this is The Last Time which would drive the demand for tickets even higher. Still, I prefer to have my refund in my pocket at this point. The whole thing felt like an April Fool’s Joke - clearly why they couldn’t wait until Monday to make this unwanted announcement!

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:12

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-30 17:15 by djrambler.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:15

get well soon Mick.
Jeroen

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:16

Get well soon, Mick!

Sorry for all those with tickets and travel plans.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:17

HopeYouGuessMyName
Curse TicketMaster and their insanely immoral service charges - the good news from buying on TicketMaster is that the refund was accomplished with the click of a button.

So guessing they don't refund the service charges? (Why do I even ask) .. Good to hear you at least got refund.

What about Lucky Dips? Are those a different deal?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:17

Rolling Stones canceled for Jazz Fest

[www.nola.com]

Re: US/Canada Tour postponed!
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:19

Manofwealthandtaste
Mick is regarded as being super fit, almost super human, so hope that helps him make a swift recovery. Best wishes to him.

Absolutely. Yes, I wish a speedy recovery.

Re: US/Canada Tour postponed!
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:19

This is a shocker coming so close to start of tour - something must have been discovered during the pre-tour physical. Hope to God it's nothing serious - it doesn't sound like it is - but they probably wouldn't disclose it if it were...

This would screw up the tour insurance situation so much that it would be impossible to tour. Lots of guessing, who knows.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:21

Take it easy Mick. We love you; we'll be here when you do whatever whenever for sure. And I'm very grateful for your soulful music everyday.
As are many millons; just get betta

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:22

Just heard it on the news......very sad hope the best for him....

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:23

A hundred pages of pointless speculation in 3, 2, 1...

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:24

steffialicia
I'm just so worried. Pray everyone please.

Maybe the saddest person about all this is Mick himself...

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:24

Well, at least I have only $273 spent for 3 pairs of Lucky Dips and after I cancel my Air B & B in Chicago, will only be paying about $50 which is non-refundable. Oh well. Looking forward to the announcement on the new dates.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-30 17:26 by timbernardis.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:27

It can't really be something serious since his last health check was in May 2018 so just about 11 months ago. Things like terminal cancer or anything like that can't develope that fast.

But I'm so sorry for Mick - he doesn't have to apologize, he's always the man who prepares so much for these tours and wants everything to be perfect - it must be horrible for him to have to postpone the whole string of concerts.

Of course I'm sad because we were about to come from Germany and that is not really possible anymore. But I hope you will get well soon, Mick.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:27

I was about to book Canada...

Best wishes to Mick. Get well soon.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:30

Fingers crossed for Mick. If the tour gets rescheduled a few weeks later then no issues. If it gets moved to late summer it gets dicey with stadium availabilty. This could potentially get pushed to next spring unless they turn this into an indoor tour.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:33

Indoor tour would mean much more concerts. That won't do it.
It's not totally impossible that they add one or two concerts to this tour to cover the rescheduling costs.
But first Mick has to get well again. I don't really wanna think about the tour right now.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:36

I'm floored like everyone else, and I hope Mick makes a full recovery.

I doubt they would announce that the tour was cancelled immediately, even if it was likely to happen that way. Better to postpone the inevitable if there is even some small chance that the tour was still possible. There will be a lot of speculation on here today about what is going on with Mick, and unfortunately it's gonna devolve into arguments about how much we should speculate, (i.e., should we self-censor to respect Mick's privacy at this difficult time vs. he's a public figure and I paid for those tickets and I deserve at least to know what's going on), then bv's gonna lay down some rules, and I agree with that to some extent. Is it healthy for us to speculate on such things? It helps me make sense of what has happened. I have my own worst-case scenario fears and I'm turning over medical differential diagnoses in mind because it's what I do, and I have a running list in my head about what ailments could possibly meet the criteria outlined in the statement (Gotta postpone tour because it requires treatment immediately but complete recovery is anticipated...). My stance is that I would appreciate knowing what exactly the problem is. Such is public life, especially when you have paying customers. Hope Mick gets well.

Regarding tickets being refunded immediately vs. rain-check, I can imagine a lot of very pissed off people if they play the same venue at a later date and you are able to make it and you have to go through the nightmare of buying the tickets once again. So, no. Give people the option. I'm holding on to my tickets.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:38

Hard to believe that he´s human after all.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:40

I am not speculating as to what the medical problem is with Mick, as it will eventually come out, and hopefully nothing serious.
The band are all getting on now in age and there is always that risk of postponement or cancellation of the tour .
I do feel sorry for any fans out there who will not get refundable expenses for some things like travel,hotels etc.
I was not planning to go to any dates in North America , but from past experience it would be a great time seeing the band on stage, and meeting lots of other fans from all over the world.
Last time for me was going to South America and the four gigs in Brazil.

The main thing in this big disappointment for everyone , is that Mick gets his good health back again , and The Rolling Stones get on the road again as soon as possible when Mick is well.thumbs up

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:42

thecitadel
I'm hoping also for only the "first X" shows postponed due to travel costs etc. NOLA definitely cancelled I see. I guess it depends on the issue for Mick - hoping he makes a full recovery is clearly the most important thing.

The US Football season starts on 5th September - so anything after that date gets more tricky for stadium access.

It's currently the No 1 most read story on the BBC website.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

I'm not sure how viable an option it would be to restore some of the later dates and venues because the venues would want to make themselves available for alternative bookings on those dates as soon as they know they can.

Whatever the issue is, it has either happened or come to light at the rehearsals - either a voice problem or an injury.

And above all, let's wish this remarkable man, 4 months away from his 76th birthday, a full and swift recovery.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-30 17:44 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:44

Depending on Mick's recovery, I suppose that they could still keep some of the existing dates in the east and then head west later on - i.e., keep the second half of the tour as is and then tag on the current first half at the end instead. That would give him two months to recover if they started instead in June.

So I'm not yet cancelling my east coast arrangements till the new dates emerge.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:45

Maybe ,a pirouette too much.
Good songtitle
Geroen

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 30, 2019 17:48

I'm grateful that at this point, they are encouraging fans to hold on to tickets with the intent of rescheduling. I'll take that as a very good sign that whatever it is that ails Mick, the expectation is indeed a full recovery which we all agree is the most important thing.

I have no intention on even looking in to refunds at this point, they aren't going anywhere. My hope is to still make the six rescheduled concerts I have tix for, and perhaps an additional one or two when they reschedule. Positive thinking has always served me well, and sending all that I can muster out to Mick.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1686
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home