Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: More unseen photos
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 17, 2019 13:31

Butt Butt … you made me laugh first exile ….
if ya ever decide ta do a stand-up gig … plant me in the audience

ROCKMAN

Posted by: nickdominguez ()
Date: April 17, 2019 13:32

If its easier anyone can add me on whatsapp and I can send the photos 07399981341

Date: April 17, 2019 13:34

…. I gotta trim me toe-nails

ROCKMAN

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 20, 2019 01:23

Rockman
Butt Butt … you made me laugh first exile ….
if ya ever decide ta do a stand-up gig … plant me in the audience

OK. I'll ask the audience, "What can survive a nuclear holocaust?"

You yell out, "Cockroaches and Keith Richards!"

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 20, 2019 05:37

This is in the running for lamest thread of the year.

Date: April 20, 2019 05:47

You yell out, "Cockroaches and Keith Richards!"

Done sister done …. gimmie the date and I'll sit five rows back ….

ROCKMAN

Re: Potential Unseen Photos
Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: January 26, 2020 14:39

nickdominguez
Can anyone identify whos who here for me smiling smiley

[drive.google.com]
[drive.google.com]
[drive.google.com]
[drive.google.com]

I only know that the last one is Tony’s girlfriend, Madeleine D’Arcy, in 1971.

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: January 26, 2020 14:43

nickdominguez
Testing photo sharingconfused smiley

[drive.google.com]
[drive.google.com]
[photos.app.goo.gl]

The second slide is of Marlon Richards as a toddler, with Keith, Tony, Anita (with towel on head), and others trying to help Marlon into boat. From South of France, 1971.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 26, 2020 15:26

Some contact sheets from Philip Townsend's photoshoot from May 1963 featuring some photos I've never seen before.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 26, 2020 21:17

anyone ever seen this pic before? I bought it from the photographer at a show in Sacramento California 1966, he said he shot it earlier in the day in the dressing room. I have never seen it published before but it could well have been and the story I got could be complete BS...I was 15 at the time and very naïve, but for the 2$ or whatever I paid for it it seemed like a good buy.

(the glare is from me taking the photo of the photo, its not in the original)

jb

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 27, 2020 03:26

jbwelda
anyone ever seen this pic before? I bought it from the photographer at a show in Sacramento California 1966, he said he shot it earlier in the day in the dressing room. I have never seen it published before but it could well have been and the story I got could be complete BS...I was 15 at the time and very naïve, but for the 2$ or whatever I paid for it it seemed like a good buy.

jb

Just wondering about the practicalities (etc) of, in 1966, taking a photo 'earlier in the day in the dressing room' (why would the Stones have been at the venue so early?) and then getting it developed and printed by the time you bought it?

But it's a nice photo, and worth the $2!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: January 27, 2020 03:43

2$ was a lot in those days. I think it might have been more like one dollar or even a half-dollar. I think tickets to the gig were only 3$ or so.

I am a photographer and was in pre-digital times. Time to process a roll of Pan-X black and white film and make some prints would probably be about an hour. Maybe two. So that's not a far stretch.

What they were doing in the dressing room earlier might be a legit question, but it was known they were in town all night and day before, they were staying at the then El Rancho Resort Hotel in West Sacramento, and they did a couple of on-air interviews (taped elsewhere?) with local teenie bop rock stations the day of the show.

So to me anyway the question would be: is this a photo they (the Stones or Andrew or who knows who) had printed for the entire tour and then sold at each venue? If so, it probably would be pretty common. But I have never seen another copy of this image since I got it, so unless there is evidence to the contrary, I think it was taken either at the venue or maybe at their accommodations for the gig. That's why I posted it: if numerous people say oh yeah I have seen this photo then I would concede it was probably a stock pic sold at all gigs.

I wish I could remember more about who sold me the pic, I seem to remember it was a staff photographer for the Sacramento Bee or Sacramento Union, the two daily papers of the time, but it could have been Gered Mankowitz for all I know. I think he did photograph the show, but that's not verified either.

Thanks for your reply, would like to get some others as well.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 19:48 by jbwelda.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 27, 2020 03:46

CaptainCorella
jbwelda

jb

Just wondering about the practicalities (etc) of, in 1966, taking a photo 'earlier in the day in the dressing room' (why would the Stones have been at the venue so early?) and then getting it developed and printed by the time you bought it?

But it's a nice photo, and worth the $2!

Maybe they played 2 shows that day and the photographer took the photo before the first show, went home and developed it and returned later in the day. It's a cool shot and I haven't seen it before.

Date: January 27, 2020 03:57

They indeed played two shows, I went to the late show.

I took that poster off a pole outside the venue, and eventually lost possession of it. It has become rather famous. Note oval stain...it was an STP sticker I put on it while it was hanging on my bedroom wall.

jb

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home