Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: What’s your opinion of the Steel Wheels tour?
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 23, 2019 19:26

Would be happy if Keith and Ron could still play today like in 1989-1990...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-23 19:28 by powerage78.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: April 23, 2019 20:59

I saw 12 shows in 1989 from Toad's Place and Philly to the Atlantic City finale. I was so happy to see them after the long layoff that I could hardly complain. But as the tour went on, I realized that the guitars weren't right. Was it the mix? the actual guitars Keith was using? the extra musicians? Hard to say but the guitar sound was muddied or over blended which probably gave rise to the so-called slick sound.

To this date, the most disappointing Stones show I have ever seen was the first night in Atlantic City before the pay-per-view broadcast. Totally going through the motions. Whereas the best show of the tour for me was the third night in AC where they were fun and loose.

The Continental Drift opening into SMU was always a thrill. My favorite video from that era is the Tokyo Dome. A friend in Japan taped it for me and I played it to death for the next two years.

HBK

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 24, 2019 06:20

Great staging, Bill Wyman on the positive side. Negative stupid drum triggers and sequencing. Ron Wood pickled..

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 25, 2019 19:19

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Fortunately the Stones have never had a "comeback" tour. They never broke up so... STEEL WHEELS/URBAN JUNGLE, even with hindsight, were awsome.

Not officially, but having not toured in 6 years and coming off a very dire album and WWIII, it was the closest thing to a comeback tour I believe we ever got.

I recall feeling a bit relieved they we're cranking it up again.

WWIII. Is that like WWEEE? Or WWOOO? WWAAA? So many vowel options with only 2 double yews. Is it like LZ2 or LZ4?

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1777
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home