Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Richards interview - Dagens Nyheter, March 18
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 19, 2019 16:20

Keith was interviewed by Georg Cederskog for the Swedish daily newspaper. Website's subscription only, but some quotes were cherry picked and posted on [nyheter-sverige.ga]

Google translated:

Keith Richards new message about the future

Rolling Stone's "No filter" tour continues - in April, a new turn starts in the US.

Now guitarist Keith Richards is opening for the fact that there may also be more European dates.

- Usually we do two tours a year, but I can't say anything about it, he says in a big interview with Dagens Nyheter.

The "No filter" tour started already in September 2017 and has rolled in periods since then. So far there has been a gig in Sweden during the tour - at Friends arena in Stockholm on October 12, 2017.

A concert that attracted more than 50,000 visitors and was rewarded with three wasps by Expressen's reviewer Anders Nunstedt. He wrote that Rolling Stones are very reliable but also predictable - and that it may have been time for the world's largest rock band to start thinking about the chorus.

However, it does not seem to be.

The "No filter" tour, which has so far been seen by 1.5 million people, is now in its third year and starting April 20 in Miami Gardens, Rolling Stones is out on a new US swing with 17 plays.

"Don't want to make any promises"

In the interview with Dagens Nyheter, which was made on the occasion of the 30th anniversary of Keith Richards solo album "Talk is cheap", the guitarist tells us that the group is very active and recently recorded new material in Los Angeles ("all the boys are in good shape" ).

Richards also opens so little that the "No filter" tour can once again come to Europe.

- I do not want to make any promises and I have not heard anything about coming to Europe. But usually we do two tours a year, but I can't say anything about it - but I do love to play, he says secretly to Dagens Nyheter.

"I'm no ashes"

Keith Richards also talks about last year's big rock snack - when, in conjunction with his 75th birthday in December, he told Rolling Stone magazine that he had greatly reduced his alcohol consumption.

- It was time to quit. Just like all the other stuff, Richards told Rolling Stone, referring to his earlier dependence on heroin, cocaine and other heavy drugs.

The statement became a world news when Keith Richards was the rock myth personified in principle as long as it has existed. However, in the interview with Dagens Nyheter, the guitarist explains that he is not directly a soberist.

- Yeah, huh, huh, that was really a big story ... but of course, I've stopped with the hard stuff, it's almost a year ago now, though I'm no ashes - I love wine for lunch and take a beer or two, but I've cut down on the drinking and actually like it quite a lot, he says to the newspaper.

Plays worse without alcohol

When band colleague Ronnie Wood stopped drinking alcohol, it was because "drinking turned him into a madman". In Keith Richards case, it was simply that he thought drinking had become boring.

He says that people say that he plays guitar better when he pulled down on the drinking - he does not believe it himself. When the reporter Georg Cederskog says it seems unlikely that Richards would play worse because he stopped bending, he replied:

- Sure, but sometimes it's not good for one to completely lack the stimulus in life.

[nyheter-sverige.ga]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-19 16:21 by bye bye johnny.

Re: Keith Richards interview - Dagens Nyheter, March 18
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 19, 2019 16:38

Dagens Nyheter interview translation > vaaju.com

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 19, 2019 16:49

A bit sad... In the older days (= till the early 2000's) a Keith Richards interview would be quite entertaining and would generally include one or two "gems" : a valuable view of the current state of the world, or a deep philosophical comment about life in general.

Nowadays when Keef gives an interview he mainly speaks about his little self and the totally uninteresting facts of his little daily life. It's as if he had completely withdrawn from the world and was busy staring at his own navel.

A glass of wine for lunch? Whoa, stop the press!!!!
(2018 interview) : Keef quit smoking at 75? Whoa, unbelievable!!!!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 19, 2019 17:19

Would you rather he was dead, or dying of cirrhosis or lung cancer?

Because at 75, that shit WILL catch up to you. I don't expect a 75 year old man to be the exciting hellraiser he used to be. We got hellraiser Keith for far longer than most other musicians could handle.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 19, 2019 19:29

dcba
A bit sad... In the older days (= till the early 2000's) a Keith Richards interview would be quite entertaining and would generally include one or two "gems" : a valuable view of the current state of the world, or a deep philosophical comment about life in general.

Nowadays when Keef gives an interview he mainly speaks about his little self and the totally uninteresting facts of his little daily life. It's as if he had completely withdrawn from the world and was busy staring at his own navel.

A glass of wine for lunch? Whoa, stop the press!!!!
(2018 interview) : Keef quit smoking at 75? Whoa, unbelievable!!!!

Agreed.
Of course it helps if the interviewer is able to ask some more incisive questions, but then a lot of these so called interviews appear to little more than a phone chat, of a very short duration.
I mean what about asking him what books he is currently reading. Or films hes seen. Or holidays (other than Caicos). Or live concerts hes recently attended.
Or really probing the new album situation (probably get stonewalled however).

More and more it's like reading an interview with his personal physician.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 19, 2019 19:37

Two tours a year?????

hahahahaha

Must be drinking again
jeroen

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: April 7, 2019 19:23

Goo Goo Dolls Guitarist Recalls Keith Richards' Take on Sobriety
By Kelly Burch 08/09/17
Goo Goo Dolls guitarist Robby Takac talked about discovering Richards' unique definition of sobriety in a new interview.

Goo Goo Dolls guitarist Robby Takac and singer Johnny Rzeznik

Goo Goo Dolls bassist and singer Robby Takac once received a pretty interesting take on what it means to be sober while his band was the opening act for The Rolling Stones.
“We walk into Keith [Richards]’ dressing room, and they had a whole bunch of bottles of vodka on the table and orange soda,” Takac told The Washington Times. “I was with my friend [record executive] Phil Quartararo, [and] Phil said to him, ‘Keith, I thought you stopped drinking.’ He goes ‘No, no, no, that’s just vodka — that ain’t drinking.’ According to him, he was ‘sober’ at that point.”

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 7, 2019 19:41

... "and ganja ain't smoking! It's there cos it reminds me of the London fog!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-07 23:34 by dcba.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 7, 2019 20:01

Thanks, BB Johnny. The "stopped drinking" stuff was a scoop I think. Talked about worldwide. The other stuff has lost some relevance due to Jagger's illness.
Chances for another European leg I would say are very slim now.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 7, 2019 23:27

Stoneage
Thanks, BB Johnny. The "stopped drinking" stuff was a scoop I think. Talked about worldwide. The other stuff has lost some relevance due to Jagger's illness.
Chances for another European leg I would say are very slim now.

Judging by recent interviews and pics of Keith, this tour might have been a disaster with Keith clearly drinking again, he just doesn't wear drink very well now. I think it's sad Keith just can't move on from the drink, he has a lot to live for, but the drink will catch up with him for sure.
I moved on from it, hell i miss it every day, but you got to show it who's boss or you let the demons in.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 8, 2019 01:09

keithsman
Judging by recent interviews and pics of Keith, this tour might have been a disaster with Keith clearly drinking again, he just doesn't wear drink very well now. I think it's sad Keith just can't move on from the drink, he has a lot to live for, but the drink will catch up with him for sure.
I moved on from it, hell i miss it every day, but you got to show it who's boss or you let the demons in.

I commend your sobriety but can’t agree with the Keith prediction/observations. Sorry.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 8, 2019 10:35

Maindefender
keithsman

I commend your sobriety but can’t agree with the Keith prediction/observations. Sorry.

It's a complex subject and you gotta be one to understand, Keith can't just have a glass with a meal, it don't work that way, it escalates, it's not something you can give up for 6 months and be cured, ask Ronnie.
Anyway Keith has an amazing constitution or he wouldn't be with us, but an old body can only take so much, hope i'm wrong though and he can control it.
From what we can gather i don't think it makes Keith happy anymore, it catches up with you like that, it just stops working.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-08 19:05 by keithsman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1608
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home