Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Shoals Fest
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 19, 2019 03:56

[www.shoalsfest.net]

Some of you mentioned Jason Isbell as an opening act, that would def be awesome and his covers of Stones songs are pretty great imo.

In meantime here is a new festival next October that Jason is involved with (article at [www.al.com] indicates he's behind making it happen).. They mention "Legends" in the article, I'm thinking he's referring to Mavis Staples, but sure would be cool if Keith stopped by to join in and see Muscle Shoals again

(tried to post photo of the poster but isn't working..)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-19 03:59 by snoopy2.

Re: OT Shoals Fest
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 19, 2019 04:27

ty for link; please excuse only a brief slight sidetrack re: the Venue.

Merriweather Post Pavilion is where I saw Zep opening for The Who in 1969.
[blogs.weta.org]
i had all access and met Roger, Pete, Robert and Jimmy that day.
Roger the only one I really talked with in the afternoon during load-in...
I just shook hands with the others as they came off. and they let me hang in the dressing room for a minute directly after; i was as exicited as any fan there; and they were sweat-drenched exhausted and trying to protect one another from a fan crush; of even related production staff; it makes you sad they use the word awesome for a lot of stuff not awesome.

I was 17. I've never forgotten or gone hazy on any of both of those bands that night. Triumph each set. no doubt. ever.
When i saw the The Song Remains The Same concert film, they seemed bloated to me, compared to 69. wild. wild wild

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-19 04:29 by hopkins.

Date: March 25, 2019 02:51

FYI - General sale for this goes on tomorrow.. Yesterday stood in line for local pre-sale for four hours like the old days and got tickets.. Heard Pit is sold out but GA and VIPs still available (VIP seems to include special bathroom access and unlimited soda-bar or something like that lol)

With Sheryl Crow/Keith connection, Jason's love for the Stones, and Stones history in the Shoals I'm still hoping for a surprise Keith appearance

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: March 25, 2019 04:46

are there cool local places to stay for that show (if anyone knows)? Thanks.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 25, 2019 05:49

Shott

Lots and lots of hotels in Florence—the Stricklin downtown is one of the coolest.

Date: March 25, 2019 06:29

Aquamarine
Shott

Lots and lots of hotels in Florence—the Stricklin downtown is one of the coolest.

Yes.. Also a number of good Airbnb’s near the downtown area which has been growing a lot the past couple years and is starting to get exciting.. And if we don’t have houseguests I live near downtown and may have an extra bedroom for a fellow IORRer smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-25 06:30 by snoopy2.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 25, 2019 15:23

The Muscle Shoals Marriott is an awesome hotel!

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: March 25, 2019 15:42

Thanks I have always wanted to go there. Maybe build an SEC football game into the trip.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 25, 2019 16:32

Shott
Thanks I have always wanted to go there. Maybe build an SEC football game into the trip.

Now there's a great idea. We may come over from Georgia to the show.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: March 25, 2019 17:53

Elmo Lewis
Shott

Now there's a great idea. We may come over from Georgia to the show.

UNA (University of Northern Alabama here in Florence) went Division 1 last year.. They may not be on your radar (yet) but those tickets are def easier than say, Alabama

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 25, 2019 19:24

Not too bad of a ride to Starkville or even Oxford. I would be passing thru Auburn and near Tuscaloosa on my way.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 26, 2019 07:53

It's great to see it being correctly called the inaugural fest. Shows there are some working brains in the United States.

Date: September 11, 2019 19:40

Jimmy Fallon just gave Shoals Fest a shout out the other night on his show. Sheryl Crow and Jason Isbell were doing a duet and will both be performing at the fest next month.. We're not set up for airbnb, but considering that lodging is going fast, we may be able to host a single/couple in our spare room if someone on iorr is interested

Date: September 11, 2019 21:24

The website says it is sold out.

Date: September 11, 2019 23:18

jumpontopofmebaby
The website says it is sold out.

Their Facebook page said today that "a limited amount of tickets will be released for sale on Friday 13th, 10am CST"

Or you could do what everyone does for Stones shows, show up and find a ticket anyway smiling smiley

Date: September 11, 2019 23:54

It sounds like a fun time in a cool area. I saw Willies outlaw tour a while back and Jason and Sheryl were both there and they were both good. I am thinking about doing this one. But not sure yet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-12 16:41 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: September 12, 2019 00:19

Was in Florence for Shindig again this year. Can't make it to this fest, but I highly recommend the area to anyone who has a chance to go!

Date: September 12, 2019 05:32

Aquamarine
Was in Florence for Shindig again this year. Can't make it to this fest, but I highly recommend the area to anyone who has a chance to go!

I missed Shindig this year (cuz I was on the road following the Stones).. How was it? Did you get to hear the Raconteurs?

Date: September 12, 2019 08:11

snoopy2
Aquamarine

I missed Shindig this year (cuz I was on the road following the Stones).. How was it? Did you get to hear the Raconteurs?

I did, and also Margo Price the next night. Also went to the baseball game. Had a great time!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1981
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home