Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Is Keith A Vegan
Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: March 17, 2019 02:54

I read that he abhors cheese. Given how he's always been pretty light on his feet, I'm wondering if his physique is attributable to his diet. Anyone know?

Re: Is Keith A Vegan
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 17, 2019 02:57

Shepherd's Pie and vegan?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 17, 2019 03:00

No

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 17, 2019 03:21

the cows he eats are vegetarians.
so i'm giving him keithfucious points for gettin' there his own way;
so, yes and no.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 17, 2019 03:43

Now that's a silly question. He eats a ton of fried hamburgers, and of course Shepherds pie.

His dislike of cheese is due to fearing the constipation he suffered as a heroin addict.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 17, 2019 04:09

I heard he's a virgin, not a vegan.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: March 17, 2019 05:00

So what's his secret? He doesn't strike me as the type to have a workout routine like Mick, yet he's always stayed slim, even when he was kicking his heroin habit, which is when most seem to get bloated. High metabolism?

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: March 17, 2019 05:06

Smoking?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 17, 2019 05:11

In Heartstopper from Cross Eyed Heart album, Keith speaks about diet:
"She is a vegetarian,but me, I love my meat"
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 17, 2019 10:34

Javadave
I'm wondering if his physique is attributable to his diet. Anyone know?

He said he eats in "small chunks", that is he absorbs small portions of food 5 times a day. And that suits him.
Acc. to Keith the "3 big meals per day" thing is a byproduct of the industrial age and its management of people. You'd fill yourself with food in the morning before work, do a refill a noon break, then a 3rd refill before going to bed.

Keef don't work like that! grinning smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 17, 2019 11:50

Keith is working class. Veganism is often a young (female) middle class phenomena. And a fashion. The new little black dress among urban middle class is not veganism however. It's climate alarmism.
Which is pretty funny to watch since the prosperous middle class are the worst sinners here. The working class always liked their meat. You can't do hard physical work on salads.

By the way, Keith actually have a small pot belly. Insignificant, but it's there. Commander would never let himself go like that..

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 17, 2019 13:10

Stoneage
Keith is working class. Veganism is often a young (female) middle class phenomena. And a fashion. The new little black dress among urban middle class is not veganism however. It's climate alarmism.
Which is pretty funny to watch since the prosperous middle class are the worst sinners here. The working class always liked their meat. You can't do hard physical work on salads.

By the way, Keith actually have a small pot belly. Insignificant, but it's there. Commander would never let himself go like that..

*shakes head* dear oh dear

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 17, 2019 13:17

HP Sauce .…..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 17, 2019 14:06

for a time in my life i wanted to start a band & call it "keith's fear of cheese".

Date: March 17, 2019 15:30

Javadave
So what's his secret? He doesn't strike me as the type to have a workout routine like Mick, yet he's always stayed slim, even when he was kicking his heroin habit, which is when most seem to get bloated. High metabolism?
How'd he stay slim?? Industrial quantities of cocaine. Next question.

He put weight on as soon as he was forced to kick his bad habits following his head injury.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 17, 2019 16:39

I'm sure Ronnie does weight work. Great arms. Keith might also. Charlie has also remained trim and must be in very good shape to do what he does. Mick, ah Mick. He does it all and it shows!!!! Can't wait until 4/20!!!!!!!!

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: March 17, 2019 17:08

He sure would have told us about it by now if he was a vegan!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 17, 2019 17:16

A lifetime smoking habit, alcoholism and a lack of substantial meals. It’s quite simple, really. Many alcoholic/lifetime smokers are thin. I’m sure I read somewhere which quoted Keith as saying something to the effect of: ‘I sometimes forget to eat’

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-17 17:18 by Big Al.

Date: March 17, 2019 17:19

steffialicia
I'm sure Ronnie does weight work. Great arms. Keith might also. Charlie has also remained trim and must be in very good shape to do what he does. Mick, ah Mick. He does it all and it shows!!!! Can't wait until 4/20!!!!!!!!

Great arms? Have you ever lifted dumbbells??

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 17, 2019 17:34

Stoneage

I don't think Keith has been working class since 1964.

Date: March 17, 2019 19:44

"Me I love my meat"...

And Keith is really not all that slim anymore. Of the 4 guys, he is the one with the belly now. Charlie and esp. Ron are railthin too.

Date: March 17, 2019 19:54

jlowe

I don't think Keith has been working class since 1964.

Well some millionnaire remain true to their working-class roots all their life. Keith is one of them (at least partly) : give him the choice between a truffle soufflé and his HP sauce, and he'll go for the HP.

Similarly you may find some people who experience dire times after being raised in wealth. They retain some sort of class. If Charlie lost his fortune and had no friends to help him I'm sure he'd still be dapper Charlie even with 36 quid on his bank account.
Keith about money : "it's all zeros and zero means nothing!"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 17, 2019 23:07

Mick don't like milk...
Keith don't like cheeeeese…
They don't do much for UK dairy industry ….

ROCKMAN

Date: March 17, 2019 23:56

Big Al
steffialicia

Who cares about being bulky at his age? Ronnie has a very lean torso and well-defined arms. He clearly works out and it shows.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 18, 2019 03:04

Stoneage
The working class always liked their meat. You can't do hard physical work on salads.

Please educate yourself. Vegans eat more than just salads: beans, grains, rice, etc. Providing more than enough protein in your diet for ‘hard physical work’. Gorillas would agree. Personally, I have high cholesterol myself, and try to avoid meat and dairy as much as possible.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 18, 2019 03:05

keefriff99
Big Al
steffialicia

Who cares about being bulky at his age? Ronnie has a very lean torso and well-defined arms. He clearly works out and it shows.

That's what I was trying to say.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 18, 2019 07:41

Koen
Stoneage
The working class always liked their meat. You can't do hard physical work on salads.

Please educate yourself. Vegans eat more than just salads: beans, grains, rice, etc. Providing more than enough protein in your diet for ‘hard physical work’. Gorillas would agree. Personally, I have high cholesterol myself, and try to avoid meat and dairy as much as possible.

I'm sure you're right, Koen. I was painting with the broad brush. There are always exceptions to the rule. But the middle classes seems to be more informed about health issues. Hence my presumption.

Date: March 18, 2019 09:02

For the first few years, the Richards’ resides above, what is now, a florist. They then moved to the newly-built Temple Hill Estate. Pretty rough part of Dartford; then and now. Keith’s immediate roots are certainly working-class. Mick, on the other hand, grew-up in the hamlet of Wilmington. Nicer, privately-owned homes. He attended the semi-prestigious - at least, it is now - Dartford Grammer, where his father was a teacher. Two quite diffrrrnt backgrounds, those Glimmer Twins. Keith, a working man; Mick, a middle-class chappie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-18 09:04 by Big Al.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: March 18, 2019 09:37

Keith had bigger belly 2007 (bigger bang). But he IS NOT ever Been fat. Heroin, alcohol, cigarettes...

Date: March 18, 2019 12:28

... and that Colombian appetite-extinguisher, which doubles as a laxative.
Most heroin users are chronically terribly constipated. I'm sure Keef snorted copious of "stuff" to be able to go to the john more than once a week.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home