Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Eddie Trunk on $35,000 Rolling Stones VIP Package
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 26, 2019 12:52

The rolling Stones have always been, among other things, about outrageousness.
Now they are old but they still do things that drive some people mad; they can't help it!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 26, 2019 12:59

Money and greed is never outrageous in a neo-liberal world. On the contrary it's considered a virtue by many. Maybe the only one left?

Date: March 26, 2019 13:09

To be fair though: I don't think any band member came up with this idea.

Date: March 26, 2019 13:19

Stoneage
Money and greed is never outrageous in a neo-liberal world. On the contrary it's considered a virtue by many. Maybe the only one left?

Eddie is shocked by the excess of the deal which is the definition of outrageousness. Things are different today,I hear my grandmother says...
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: March 26, 2019 13:31

Sure, Mops. It is outrageous. No doubt about that. I was just thinking in political terms. It's just a flaw of mine...

Date: March 26, 2019 13:53

Stoneage
Sure, Mops. It is outrageous. No doubt about that. I was just thinking in political terms. It's just a flaw of mine...

No problems Stoneage; just shooting the shit. Money rules the world for sure and not much we can do about it.
Rockandroll,
mops

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 26, 2019 14:32

Another sign the world has gone crazy

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 26, 2019 14:47

timbernardis
I know it is a long video, but at the end, he does point out that it looks like this is a fund raiser for the band's charities.

plexi

Discussed here too:
[iorr.org]

NOTE...

"A minimum of 5% of the proceeds for each purchase on IfOnly.com is directed to a charity chosen by the Luminary offering the experience."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-26 14:48 by Kurt.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 26, 2019 14:56

Stoneage
Money and greed is never outrageous in a neo-liberal world
among the 1% elite.

Corrected for you don't thank me! winking smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 26, 2019 15:24

I had to look up Eddie Trunk smoking smiley

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 26, 2019 16:08

Eddie Trunk seems to always carry a grudge against the Stones for some reason. He prefers Aerosmith. I Listen to Eddie almost daily and he ALWAYS has an agenda.
He has a lot of insight and knowledge but is a very bias person to the point it is almost ridiculous.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 26, 2019 16:17

TumblinDice76
Eddie Trunk seems to always carry a grudge against the Stones for some reason. He prefers Aerosmith. I Listen to Eddie almost daily and he ALWAYS has an agenda.
He has a lot of insight and knowledge but is a very bias person to the point it is almost ridiculous.
He's not a journalist though...he's allowed his own opinions and biases. That's why people listen.

His show is geared towards '70s and '80s hard rock and metal. The Stones really aren't in his audiences' wheelhouse...plus Eddie rails against pricey meet-and-greets regardless of the band.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 26, 2019 16:31

Yet Eddie himself has no problem hocking all his books and merch and mentioning his show of Volume every 5 minutes.....so there is that.

I'm not knocking Eddie, I listen quite a bit. I was just informing fans not familiar with Eddie that the Rolling Stones have often been a punching bag for Eddie. But don't ever say anything bad about Aerosmith. Eddie is a total Aerosmith fan boy.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 26, 2019 17:07

Kurt
timbernardis
I know it is a long video, but at the end, he does point out that it looks like this is a fund raiser for the band's charities.

plexi

Discussed here too:
[iorr.org]

NOTE...

"A minimum of 5% of the proceeds for each purchase on IfOnly.com is directed to a charity chosen by the Luminary offering the experience."

Uh huh.

It ain't going to any charities.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: March 26, 2019 17:14

I use to watch the metal show on VHI not sure if it is still on and he rarely mentioned the stones in conversation with some of his guests - I remember when he had Lesile West on he brought up Keith and Mick T briefly.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 26, 2019 17:16

Anyone who prefers Aerosmith to the Stones is a joke to me anyhow . .

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 26, 2019 17:43

Standard Operating Procedure for the Glimmer Twins , but, just think of the photo together with the 4 of them and you have lifetime memories at a price .

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 26, 2019 17:48

Greek you can achieve the same result with Photoshop!
And if you like to indulge in some silly fantasy you can add Brian Jones and Mick Taylor to your "hey I posed with the Stones" pic. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 26, 2019 17:53

dcba
Greek you can achieve the same result with Photoshop!
And if you like to indulge in some silly fantasy you can add Brian Jones and Mick Taylor to your "hey I posed with the Stones" pic. >grinning smiley<
Oh you just got me good and made me have a good laugh and so true about Photoshop

Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: March 26, 2019 19:23

These prices are completely ridiculous. Over the last 15-20 years the Stones became everything Rock n Roll is NOT about.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 26, 2019 19:47

OpenG
I use to watch the metal show on VHI not sure if it is still on and he rarely mentioned the stones in conversation with some of his guests - I remember when he had Lesile West on he brought up Keith and Mick T briefly.

I also watched it quite a few times, and remember an episode where there was some type of trivia thing going on - might have been called "Stump the Trunk". When Eddie wrongly answered something about Jimi Hendrix, he started whining when he was corrected....and I mean seriously whining like a baby. It was bad enough he missed an easy question, but then to start whining about it haha. Even the two sidekicks seemed embarrassed for him.
Clearly he knows alot about rock music, and I wouldn't dare play against him in a rock and roll trivial pursuit game, but can't help but laugh whenever I see his name...whining Eddie lol.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 26, 2019 19:50

I like Eddie and listen to his radio show often.....

...... however, he is a self-important blowhard sometimes. A heavy metal Rush Limbaugh, if you will.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 26, 2019 19:57

timbernardis
KingmanBarstow
hopkins
yes well if a couple of hundred people lined up; cash in advance or credit card confimed,
then maybe they could just sprinkle or spray water on them as they passed!
maybe a water-pistol with a big tongue and stuff. workin with this...
...now you see the hops brain in ACTION. eye rolling smiley;
water sprayed, yes, but liquid that once touched the glass their assistant just brought them! They can just give Tim a GoPro and tell him to get the whole line or he's fired. that usually works. it's no lose sitch for the fans...
....then if they want download vids of them getting sprayed by their stars,
well, it's only a little extra cause you'll get a little discount thing sent to your phone. VIP probably stands for Vendors Insulting People, just go with the flow...

Get with it Hoppy. My suggestion does I believe make sense. But I admire your posts (even though for the most part I do not have a clue what you are talking about!)

Yes, Hopkins, you may think u are funny and witty, but u are NO Rockman.

plexi

well o course not; but i find him lovable.
and i've learned a hell of a lot about artists and periods that I've really enjoyed.

i don't take issue with the poster's generous, charity-minded suggestion that I was riffing off of....
...and yep, i joke extemporaneously; and don't farm for likes.
you're heartily invited to not read; makes zip diff to me.
but your snide remark is a cry for attention so here ya go...
i deeply respect others, but really not concerned with critical reviews.
there are some, like you from now on, that i just skip if i think it silly or irrelevant or disrespectful over time.
i feel great about the opportunity to express myself free-form; and do appreciate some of the real friendships I've made here that have come into my actual personal life with a lot of love, respect, information and guidance.
When first arriving here, a poster wanted to understand a convoluted mess of impressions i dashed off; but was critical; it helped me; there wasn't snide wallop...
...amateur-hour, bad David Foster Wallace wanna-bee or something when I enjoy taking off for a little spin; it helped me to fix spellings and grammar somewhat....i cleaned things up and am still growing.
i was criticized by someone who helped me and was cool;
sorta got the jokes in context;
turned me onto vast clips, tracks I had missed. Not just the Stones, but mostly.
didn't mean to offend or diss anyone; but will make the slightest adjustment for you.
if i riff in a post for fun, well I'll be glad to wear tippy toes just for YA. YA.S
i'll be more careful; it's hard sometimes on social media for someone approaching it later in life, but that has great value to me as well. a pre-electronic media virtual reality and a more real one;
or SO say the old folks i guess.
all apologies and all that if it rankled someone nice and not you.
but i never come here with a bad intention; and if step on toes or bring something ungracious; i don't mind deleting and correcting and am sorry to be a bother.
i'm rockin' it my way without arrogance.
i like the folks here; i love the newest youngest fans too as i approach my fifty years from high school graduation.
the cultural scene and music and the live stuff was intense and it's still the best in many ways.
and the satirical humor isn't for everybody.

Now that was an awful nice way of saying I think your snide remark,
and also appropriating Terry's super Rockman history,
is far from cool,
so Cool out setlist boy. I can easily avoid transparent plastic kinda fanboy babies. Lol
If I were impolite I'd suggest you were sort of behaving like a bit the doofus; But I'm not gonna go there.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-26 22:30 by hopkins.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 26, 2019 20:01

Hairball
OpenG

I also watched it quite a few times, and remember an episode where there was some type of trivia thing going on - might have been called "Stump the Trunk". When Eddie wrongly answered something about Jimi Hendrix, he started whining when he was corrected....and I mean seriously whining like a baby. It was bad enough he missed an easy question, but then to start whining about it haha. Even the two sidekicks seemed embarrassed for him.
Clearly he knows alot about rock music, and I wouldn't dare play against him in a rock and roll trivial pursuit game, but can't help but laugh whenever I see his name...whining Eddie lol.
I saw him act that way a couple of times on the Stump the Trunk segment. It was pretty pitiful.

It was a somewhat enjoyable show but Eddie and his two stooges (Don Jamieson and Jim Florentine) weren't really ready for primetime.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: March 26, 2019 20:14

sted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 26, 2019 20:01

Hairball
OpenG

I saw him act that way a couple of times on the Stump the Trunk segment. It was pretty pitiful.

It was a somewhat enjoyable show but Eddie and his two stooges (Don Jamieson and Jim Florentine) weren't really ready for primetime.

Yes I remember those stump the trunk segments painful some of them - he had another segment sometimes and asked some of his metal guests what song they wished they wrote - most said Happy Birthday - but one said he wrote Tumbling Dice - I forgot which metal guest said that I think he was the singer .

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: March 26, 2019 20:17

"No one should have that much disposal income"---I am a rare poster on this site but when I saw this quote I was just gobsmacked and couldn't let it pass. Not sure what else to say but wow.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: March 26, 2019 21:18

Issues of profligate personal spending, obsessive fanboy/fangirl fixation aside- wouldnt someone falling for this be at all concerned about looking like a total chump/sucker/fool in the eyes of their elderly idols- you know, like " I cant believe these idiots are actually paying us this kind of scratch for "Hey, how ya doin? Gotta run..." What a sweet racket!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 26, 2019 21:24

roryfaninva
Issues of profligate personal spending, obsessive fanboy/fangirl fixation aside- wouldnt someone falling for this be at all concerned about looking like a total chump/sucker/fool in the eyes of their elderly idols- you know, like " I cant believe these idiots are actually paying us this kind of scratch for "Hey, how ya doin? Gotta run..." What a sweet racket!

My take on this too.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 26, 2019 21:26

roryfaninva

Well, I was thinking Charlie Watts being there, and finally having understood the nature of the meeting, going "you people paid 35 grand for this, talking a minute to us, and having a photograph with us? Bloody hell..."grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-26 21:27 by Doxa.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 26, 2019 21:44

And since it is 15 to 90 seconds, it is always Jagger who needs to do the hard work, keep people entertained, while the others just freeride (Keith probably throwing a half non-sensical one liner behind)...

Think about that... $35 000 for 15 to 90 secs work for just being there and probably saying a line or two, divided by four... that's start to be quite a nice salary per hour... and probably it is more if there are more costumers than two... And the the job description ain't the hardest either...

'Well, what can a poor boy do...'grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-26 21:48 by Doxa.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home