Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: Best Keith mistakes
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 15, 2011 16:06

Keith without his bandana rehearsing before a 2005 show...

Date: October 15, 2011 16:23

Redhotcarpet
I gotta say Keith didnt fxck up in the 70s even if some fans dont like the drughazed versions of the 1975 Happy. It was charming, he was cool and it wasnt really an ongoing thing, it was 1975 and somehow it worked, he was young and could get away with murder. He was a great guitarist back then no matter how high he was. He isnt great anymore, not on stage at least. Same solos, same riffs, exact same licks year after year after year. And when he doesnt bother to deliever them you have Mick singing over a drum beat. And it shows.

Good post

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: October 15, 2011 16:43

F.U.C. the Captain
The last four pages in this discussion rarely discuss Keith's fuckups at all, insteads some feuds are going on or even a discussion about Mick Jagger's fuckups, but whatever. Since some of us like it raw and swell, I'll just sum up this thread one more time:

1969.11.09 Oakland, Coliseum Arena (2nd show): Live with me [second verse, available on bootleg "Live'r than they'll ever be"]
1971.03.26 London, Marquee Club: Midnight rambler [bum note, vailable on video]
1975 Happy [on bootleg "Live in the USA"]
1975.06.17 Toronto, Maple Leaf Gardens: Brown sugar
1975.07 Los Angeles: Jumping Jack Flash [guitar is out of tune, but changed for the last verse]
1977.03.02 Toronto: Getting busted [no recording unfortunately]
1982.06.25 London, Wembley Stadium: She's so cold [available on video - some say it was Charlie Watts' fault]
1990.06.25 Paris, Parc des Princes [said to have played off key and messed up the last four songs, i. e. "It's only rock'n'roll", "Jumping Jack Flash", "Brown sugar" and "Sympathy for the Devil"]
1993.02.13 Boston, Orpheum Theater: Before they make me run [X-Pensive Winos]
1995.02.25 Johannesburg: Sympathy for the Devil [solo]
1997.09.18 Chicago, Double Door: Brown sugar [intro]
1997.09.23 Chicago, Soldier Field: Satisfaction
1997.10.23: Landover, Jack Kent Cooke Stadium [renamed to "Fedex Field" in 1999]: Start me up [instead he plays "Brown sugar"]
1999.06.11or12 London, Wembley Stadium: Gimme shelter [with Mick Jagger sayin' "Keith what you're doin'?"]
1999.06.20 Köln, Müngersdorfer Stadion: Like a rolling stone
2002.10.04 Landover, Fedex Field: Tumbling dice [playing "Tumbling dice" while setlist says "Don't stop": Mick Jagger already had his guitar around the neck]
2002.11.09 San Francisco, Pacific Bell Park: Brown sugar
2003.01.16 New York, Madison Square Garden: Shattered [started with "Satisfaction"], Satisfaction [started intro twice]
2003.07.20 Stockholm, Globen: If you can't rock me [playing "If you can't rock me" while setlist says "You got me rocking", leaving Ronnie Wood playing air guitar]
2003.07.30 Toronto, Downsview Park, "SARSstock Concert": Happy [available on DVD]
2003.08.16 Utrecht, Muziekcentrum Vredenburg: Brown sugar
2003.08.19 Amsterdam, Arena: Brown sugar
2005.08.28 Ottawa, Frank Clair Stadium [Keith leaving the stage for at least 3 minutes during "Sympathy for the Devil", followed by Charlie Watts]
2005.09.15 East Rutherford, Giants Stadium: Brown sugar
2005.09.24 Columbus, Nationwide Arena: Brown sugar
2005.09.26 Toronto: Start me up
2006.11.01 New York, Beacon Theater: Sympathy for the Devil [solo - later shown in 2008 movie "Shine a light"]
2006.11.06 Oakland, McAfee Coliseum: Connection [solo, forgets a verse]
2007.06.13 Frankfurt, Commerzbank Arena: Sympathy for the Devil
2007.06.08 Nijmegen, Holland, Goffert Park: Happy
2007.06.18 Lyon, Stade Gerland: Honky tonk women ["losing the plot" (also called a 'senior moment') in the intro, also sitting down during the show instead of playing]
2007.06.28 Madrid, Estadio Vicente Calderon: Honky tonk women [intro - some say it was Mick Jagger's mistake for not starting to sing]
2007.08.21 London, O2 Arena: Beast of burden
2010: Talking about Mick Jagger's dick in his autobiography "Life"

Honorable mentions:
- not letting Ronnie contribute more songs since 1989
- album A BIGGER BANG
- saying he snorted his late dad's ashes
- his moustache

Great list & very thorough. I'll give these LPs another listen to check them out. Thanks for taking the time to compile & post this list.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: October 15, 2011 18:41

dcba

he still lives with his mom!! What a guy,

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 15, 2011 21:49

The Rolling Stones don't make mistakes

Re: Best Keith fuckups
Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 15, 2011 22:03

Sleepy City
DragonSky
Leonard Keringer
slightly off topic...but on the stones bootleg "happy birthday nicky" from australia '73, Charlie Watts gets off the beat to gimme shelter for about the first 1/2!!! of the song...the band keeps waiting for him to get back on the beat but it takes him an unbelievable amount of time!...and the irony of that is during the introductions of the band, mick introduces "charlie watts, never misses a beat" before they played gimme shelter

I'd love to hear that!

Absolutely funny ...

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: October 16, 2011 03:42

U can tell keith had everal lines before this intro

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 16, 2011 21:46

Redhotcarpet

??
Note: I prefer this to Vegas, if this is real (?) it's just a temporary mistake no more no less (Keith plays JJF in standard tuning?) and I love what he does with the riff after the first verse.

This is a really different version compared to all the others of this era but for some reason it's actually quite good!

Date: October 16, 2011 21:49

dcba

Oh man - that actually HURT when I saw what you wrote and then looking at the guy - and then listening to him "play"! It's ridiculously funny!

And yet - somehow, his guitar sound is incredible! I know he's playing Sway but...what the hell is he DOING?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 17, 2011 16:24

DragonSky
dcba

Oh man - that actually HURT when I saw what you wrote and then looking at the guy - and then listening to him "play"! It's ridiculously funny!

And yet - somehow, his guitar sound is incredible! I know he's playing Sway but...what the hell is he DOING?

I feel the same.....it actually HURTS to watch that clip - it's more painful than....most things; actually.
Has anybody made it longer than the 2-3 first "it's just that demon life"- sentences ? If so....gold rings on ya! ...like Keith would have said.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 17, 2011 16:55

DragonSky
dcba

Ouch, that is like some type of torture, and more heinous is this guy has a whole page of this type of thing posted on youtube. I am betting Sway is not going to be happy finding out what her fellow countryman is doing [www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-17 17:04 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 17, 2011 18:13

The man is fearless. Absolutely fearless.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 17, 2011 18:45

colonial
The Rolling Stones don't make mistakes

this is true. it's well-known that all their colossal screwups over the years have been scrupulously-planned and painstakingly-rehearsed.

Date: October 17, 2011 18:48

I think colonial is thinking of "Make No Mistake" and forgetting about "Biggest Mistake."

Date: October 18, 2011 05:07

Well, see, the Stones took Keith's advice about Make No Mistake - literally. Aside from the Biggest Mistake, which could be any of all, they made mistake plural.

Hilarious and maddening, in any order.

Posted by: johnnyjolene ()
Date: November 6, 2011 12:50

Beast of Burden Cleveland Nov. 16. 1981.
Keith starts playing intro in F chord and then somehow manage to go E.. Doesn't help much that audio recording (at least one i have) runs way too fast (about one chord).. it's actually pretty fun Beast OB!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-06 12:51 by johnnyjolene.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 6, 2011 13:46

Great recap, F.U.C.. The biggest mistake being to me to have wrote Life.

Date: November 6, 2011 14:10

RobertJohnson
Sleepy City
DragonSky
Leonard Keringer
slightly off topic...but on the stones bootleg "happy birthday nicky" from australia '73, Charlie Watts gets off the beat to gimme shelter for about the first 1/2!!! of the song...the band keeps waiting for him to get back on the beat but it takes him an unbelievable amount of time!...and the irony of that is during the introductions of the band, mick introduces "charlie watts, never misses a beat" before they played gimme shelter

I'd love to hear that!

Absolutely funny ...

You can hear the musical equivalent of one guy after another getting in his face and going "dah ta dah DAH!" LOL. The Kebasa sounds like Bobby or Jim trying to help him out; then Nicky comes in playing it real straight; then you hear Taylor coming in at loud volume, as in "come ON!"; then Nicky left hand starts beating basic chords; like Leonard says, the band waits for him

Date: November 6, 2011 14:14

DragonSky
Redhotcarpet

??
Note: I prefer this to Vegas, if this is real (?) it's just a temporary mistake no more no less (Keith plays JJF in standard tuning?) and I love what he does with the riff after the first verse.

This is a really different version compared to all the others of this era but for some reason it's actually quite good!

I can't call this a f&ck-up; I call this a Motherf&cker. Great version.

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: November 6, 2011 17:00

Everytime when he open his mouth to sing.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: November 6, 2011 17:34

SwayStones

i'm not sure what the bigger mistake is, keith's playing or mick using a headset microphone. ugh.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 6, 2011 17:52

I can't help think that Keith screws up Brown Sugar on purpose because he is sick to death of playing it and it is a tune totally penned by Mick Jagger. Kind of a gotcha to poor Mick. Also important to note, the monitor mixes started becoming something totally different than the house mixes sometime in the early 80's so who knows what Keith is actually hearing up there to get his cues, ESPECIALLY if it is the opening song in the set. It sometimes takes a couple songs to get the bands monitor mixes dialed in. Blame it all on the monitor mixer, everyone else does. peace.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: February 20, 2014 12:21

F.U.C. the Captain
1997.10.23: Landover, Jack Kent Cooke Stadium [renamed to "Fedex Field" in 1999]: Start me up [instead he plays "Brown sugar"]
Curious to hear how that disaster turned out.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 20, 2014 14:50

Brown Sugar in Brno in 2007 - intro out of tune.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-20 16:38 by Happy24.

Date: February 20, 2014 14:56

Out of tune or wrong chords?

In Oslo 2007, Keith started the riff in C#/G# instead of C/G...

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: February 20, 2014 16:00

SwayStones
Here Keith's mistake is obvious .At 0:25,Mick kicks Keith's ankle and even Darryl pointed his finger .

I told you Lyon 2007 was a great show .....grinning smiley

Auch, auch, auch! Looking at that brings back memories to 2007 in Barcelona.
I think this was after his fall from the tree, right? Either his brain was still shook up or he was on drugs or something. I remember him standing on stage during that concert, looking like an old senile man not knowing at all what was going on. Thanks to Ronnie the concert wasn't a complete disaster.
I was very happy to see the footages of last year's concert and see he recovered a lot.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 20, 2014 16:40

DandelionPowderman
Out of tune or wrong chords?

In Oslo 2007, Keith started the riff in C#/G# instead of C/G...

Wrong chords in Brno too, of course :-)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 20, 2014 19:01

Add the 1994 Miami show to that list with Keith's magnificent solo during SFTD.

5:10 onward!

Date: February 20, 2014 19:07

Still enjoying that solo, Skip? winking smiley

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 20, 2014 19:09

My personal favorite:

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home