Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950Next
Current Page: 47 of 50
Re: HONK - Limited Edition compilation out April 19
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 31, 2021 04:21

Chris Fountain
Strange there is only one song from IORR. IORR itself. I would expect to see If You can Rock Me and Luxury on Honk

Well, it is a greatest hits so...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 31, 2021 04:22

Hairball
Was speculating how many copies there are of HONK over in the Carnaby Street thread, and with a rough estimate/wild guess of over 200 versions (lol), there's seems to be something for everybody!
Blue, Pink, black, multi-coloured, striped, spotted, w/various numbers of cd's, vinyl, digital, etc. etc., etc., yet I'm still haven't found a copy that calls my name.
I guess the regurgitation of old tunes coupled with some lame live versions including duets with the likes of Ed Sheeran just isn't my cup of tea.
Wondering if this was released and edited down a single cassette - if so, that might be the one I'd want.

Then Spotify should do just fine!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 31, 2021 04:33

bakersfield
Agreed. She sings it beautifully and Jagger has to raise his game to match her. I actually think Ed Sheeran did a great job on Beast of Burden, I'm not familiar with his stuff but he seems to love the song. I have no idea who Brad paisley is but he sings ok on a surprisingly spirited Dead Flowers. Is it him playing those stinging countrified lead licks? I agree that the live disc is really quite good. My only gripe is Under My Thumb. It was soooo much better in 81/82...

yes, Mick also sounded really good. I wasn't too sure about the whole duets thing but overall very nice, and it was good having only one song per show, with a variety of artists.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 31, 2021 16:05

treaclefingers
bakersfield
Agreed. She sings it beautifully and Jagger has to raise his game to match her. I actually think Ed Sheeran did a great job on Beast of Burden, I'm not familiar with his stuff but he seems to love the song. I have no idea who Brad paisley is but he sings ok on a surprisingly spirited Dead Flowers. Is it him playing those stinging countrified lead licks? I agree that the live disc is really quite good. My only gripe is Under My Thumb. It was soooo much better in 81/82...

yes, Mick also sounded really good. I wasn't too sure about the whole duets thing but overall very nice, and it was good having only one song per show, with a variety of artists.

Great duet with Brad, hope there's another high profile country star guest in Nashville this time around. Wait.. perhaps Dolly Parton?? winking smiley
(said as a joke, but they could do Beast Of Burden together and likely bring down the house)spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: August 1, 2021 23:00

Here THE great version of "Dancing with mister D" LIVE .. far better than in the studio....!

Beast of Burden live Honk version
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: March 19, 2023 20:19

When Honk was released several years ago, I had just started using Apple Music so I never purchased the cd or anything. So I’ve never been able to play BoB live on on the extra disc. That is the only song on the collection that isn’t available. It’s always given a not available in your region yet message on that song. Always imagined it would be available at a later time yet 4 years later still nothing. Any info about this or if I’m just out of luck unless I do purchase a hard copy of album ?

Re: Beast of Burden live Honk version
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 19, 2023 20:27

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 19, 2023 21:00

Or try [www.Qobuz.com] , [www.ProStudioMasters.com] or [www.HDtracks.com] .

Probably you have to buy the entire album since some tracks are not available for individual purchase.

Date: March 19, 2023 21:24

Thanks I’ll give those a try!

Date: March 19, 2023 21:40

Looks like a no go there. As you said it looks like I’ll need to purchase whole album to get that one song. So I’ll own my x number of the other tracks they again. Getting the one song for 30 bucks plus lol.

Date: March 19, 2023 21:55

Maybe this helps:

[www.YouTube.com]

Date: March 19, 2023 23:55

Much thanks my friend. That will do for now!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 20, 2023 00:09

tumblingdice
Looks like a no go there. As you said it looks like I’ll need to purchase whole album to get that one song. So I’ll own my x number of the other tracks they again. Getting the one song for 30 bucks plus lol.

In Germany it says: not available in your country. Maybe if you buy it - it is not gonna change.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: March 20, 2023 14:59

I'm in germany. Here it works. Strange...
Anyway, the bonus BOB from Sweet summer sun is way better!

Date: March 20, 2023 15:02

It's not available on Spotify in Norway. I bought the album, though, and it's not the sharpest rendition of BOB, to put it mildly.

Date: March 20, 2023 16:10

deardoctor

On [www.Qobuz.com] it cannot be purchased separately, on [open.Spotify.com] it's greyed out - same on [www.Deezer.com] - and on [Music.Apple.com] it's missing on the 45 tracks version - same on [Music.Amazon.de] as well as [Tidal.com] - and only available in the Spatial Audio version with 47 tracks (incl. Ghost Town) on [Music.Apple.com] . Maybe it's due to licensing rights.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-20 16:50 by Irix.

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: March 20, 2023 16:18

tumblingdice

you got mail

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: March 20, 2023 16:29

deardoctor
Anyway, the bonus BOB from Sweet summer sun is way better!

There is one problem, the Beast Of Burden bonustrack is only to find in the Japan Only Sweet Summer Sun Extra bonus cd with 3 tracks in a small DVD Box.

Date: March 20, 2023 16:35

UrbanSteel

There is one problem, the Beast Of Burden bonustrack is only to find in the Japan Only Sweet Summer Sun Extra bonus cd with 3 tracks in a small DVD Box.

Beast Of Burden from HP2013 was also available for free on Apple iTunes early 2014 - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: March 20, 2023 17:02

Poor version, not only because of Sheeran, everything just sounds so tame.

Ronnie's solo is pretty decent, everyone else is much better on other latter day versions like Live Licks.

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: March 22, 2023 13:06

Dorn
tumblingdice

you got mail

tumblingdice did you get my mail ?

Date: March 24, 2023 20:20

Yea I did get your mail. Much thanks my friend. Sorry it took so long to reply. Life has been hectic lately, but that was as much appreciated. Not my favorite version but it is tied as my favorite song so I love hearing different versions like this. Also being in the States I seem to have no option I can find to buy short of hard copy.

Re: HONK - Limited Edition compilation out April 19, 2019
Date: March 25, 2023 19:17

You know for a 'limited edition' compilation, this thing sure does have staying power in the stores. Came across a copy today.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: March 27, 2023 12:42

You mean the coloured vinyl edition? On the Dutch Universal webshop it's even on 'sale' as we speak (€79,-). So either it was not that limited, of it's just not that popular. The standard black version is widely available here (prices starting at €42). On the first page of this topic, the price for the standard vinyl edition was 29,99 (amazon italy). Talk about skyrocketing vinyl prices...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-27 12:58 by ribbelchips.

Date: March 27, 2023 21:51

ribbelchips
You mean the coloured vinyl edition? On the Dutch Universal webshop it's even on 'sale' as we speak (€79,-). So either it was not that limited, of it's just not that popular. The standard black version is widely available here (prices starting at €42). On the first page of this topic, the price for the standard vinyl edition was 29,99 (amazon italy). Talk about skyrocketing vinyl prices...

No, I was just referring to the thread title, from 4 years ago saying "Limited Edition compilation".

It seems like they printed a helluva lot of these hoping for a better sales outcome.

Re: HONK - Compilation out April 19, 2019
Date: March 27, 2023 22:20

treaclefingers

No, I was just referring to the thread title, from 4 years ago saying "Limited Edition compilation".

Maybe the thread title (Limited Edition) is just wrong and the HONK compilation will be on the market as long as the Jump Back compilation (released in Europe in 1993 and sold until 2018).

Re: HONK - Compilation out April 19, 2019
Date: March 30, 2023 04:10

Irix
treaclefingers

Maybe the thread title (Limited Edition) is just wrong and the HONK compilation will be on the market as long as the Jump Back compilation (released in Europe in 1993 and sold until 2018).

Perhaps, though that hasn't been the case for most releases. Grrr!, Licks, Rolled Gold+, totally gone.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: March 30, 2023 10:50

Both Grrr! and 40 Licks were a timed deal with ABKCO. And Rolled Gold+.. Well it's basicly Hot Rocks + More Hot Rocks for the price of one. With those two albums permanently in their catalogue, ABKCO is shooting themselves in the foot by keep printing Rolled Gold+, aren't they?

Honk has replaced Jump Back, which replaced Rewind before.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 30, 2023 16:07

I have more copies of Honk than I care to admit, but what I don't have is the black vinyl copy! LOL

Date: March 30, 2023 19:32

ribbelchips
Both Grrr! and 40 Licks were a timed deal with ABKCO. And Rolled Gold+.. Well it's basicly Hot Rocks + More Hot Rocks for the price of one. With those two albums permanently in their catalogue, ABKCO is shooting themselves in the foot by keep printing Rolled Gold+, aren't they?

Honk has replaced Jump Back, which replaced Rewind before.

I'm not certain of the contracts around this, though I'll point out you can still fairly easily purchase even box set multi-coloured vinyl versions of Honk, which I doubt would be being made available 'continuously. They clearly had a larger idea of what sales would be like when this was first issued.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950Next
Current Page: 47 of 50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home