Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 50
Re: HONK - Limited Edition compilation out April 19
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 21, 2019 03:06

Jos Lemmers?Stones info group
Follow · April 18 ·

Honk - ltd. edition (cd sunglasses koozie) $26.99
"Canadian fans will have access to a limited-edition Fan Pack version of Honk that will include the standard CD edition, an exclusive pair of sunglasses and an exclusive koozie – both featuring the Canadian Rolling Stones’ Tongue!"

Are these the items that would be sold on June 29th at the concert Canada Rocks and now still yield something for Promotone B.V. and Universal Music Group B.V. and now not go to the garbage can?
[www.archambault.ca]

Formats Rolling Stones “HONK” The Very Best 71-18
01: 1CD Jewelcase, US
02: 2CD Jewelcase, EU
03: 2SHM-CD, Japan Only
04: 3SHM-CD, Japan Only
05: 3CD Digipack, EU / US
06: 2LP Black Vinyl, US
07: 2LP Blue Vinyl (Target Exclusive), US / Mexico / Canada
08: 2LP Red Vinyl (No Filter 2019 Concerts Only), US & ?Canada?
09: 3LP Black Vinyl, EU
10: 4LP Colored Vinyl Slipcase Box, EU / US
Release Date 4/19/2019
Record Store Day She’s A Rainbow Format: 10" Vinyl

STONES INFO GROUP on Facebook:
[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 21, 2019 03:23

Rolling Stones Show Off Latter-Day Hits, Triumphant Live Performances on ‘Honk’
A new greatest-hits collection focuses on the band’s output since 1971 and includes concert performances with Dave Grohl, Ed Sheeran and more,.

By KORY GROW

It’s been nearly 60 years since the Rolling Stones stormed out of their sleepy London town to become “the world’s greatest rock & roll band,” and, in that time, they’ve put out more than two-dozen greatest-hits compilations. The best of the best-ofs (Forty Licks, Grrr!) provide a broad survey of all the big hits, high tide and green grass the band has staked their claim to over the years — but the more interesting sets shine their lights on smaller slivers of the Stones’ catalogue.

Since the group’s former manager Allen Klein won the rights to distribute the group’s catalog between 1964 and 1971, it has forced most of the band’s compilations to focus on one aspect or another of their career. The latest, Honk — whose title is misleading since there’s nary a “Honky Tonk Woman” or even a “Country Honk” to be heard — collects songs from each of the group’s albums since ’71, including, oddly, a few cuts from other greatest-hits outings. The deluxe, three-disc version includes some high-spirited live recordings from the last decade. Since the comp was originally supposed to coincide with a summer stadium tour for the band, but Mick Jagger’s recent health scare postponed that, it’s ultimately more of a reminder of how the Stones have kept up their consistency while changing with the times.

Rolling Stones, Brad Paisley

Hear Brad Paisley Join the Rolling Stones for 'Dead Flowers' on New Compilation
Hear Kurt Vile Cover Rolling Stones' 'No Expectations'
The album cuts on Honk include monolithic classics like “Start Me Up” and “Brown Sugar,” but it’s the more recent material that makes this compilation interesting. Since all the Seventies material is now classic-rock-radio staples, it’s surprising to hear how fresh lesser played hits like Steel Wheels’ guitar-skittering “Rock and a Hard Place” sounds after “It’s Only Rock ‘n Roll,” or A Bigger Bang’s funky “we maaade sweet love” proclamation “Rain Fall Down” works just before “Dancing With Mr. D” (though ultra-glossy 1983 cut “Undercover of the Night” comes after “Mr. D” and still sounds teleported from another universe). Overall, Honk is the most holistic look at the group’s last three decades to date and makes a case for reassessing the band’s more “professional” years.

But no matter how skilled the band became in the studio, it’s on the road where they earned their “world’s greatest” mantle, and the bonus live cuts here prove their vitality. Mick still bitches about some dude pushing a “detergent pack” on him with a flow any chart-topping rapper would envy on “Get Off of My Cloud,” and he still shudders when he promises to “satisfy your every need” on “Let’s Spend the Night Together.” Keef and Woody command slinky guitar lines on “Dancing With Mr. D” and the band settles into a groove like no other on a rollicking “Shine a Light.” They also gamely welcome Ed Sheeran to prove he’s no sexy beast compared to Mick on “Beast of Burden,” Dave Grohl to growl along on a muscular rendition of “Bitch” and Brad Paisley to shed his squeaky clean image and sing about shooting heroin with Mick on “Dead Flowers.” The brightest light on the whole three-disc compilation, though, is Jagger’s duet with Florence Welch on “Wild Horses.” Her voice flutters gracefully around his and you can hear him warm to her immediately. It’s a latter-day triumph with no sweeping exits or offstage lines that shows the Stones’ enduring power.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 21, 2019 03:31

eye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: April 21, 2019 03:32

Rolling Stones Release Career-Spanning Best Of Compilation 'Honk'

As they prepare to reboot the postponed North American leg of their No Filter tour, the Rolling Stones gave fans something to listen to in the meantime on Friday with the release of a new career-spanning greatest hits compilation, Honk. The collection, available here, collects hits and classic cuts from every Stones album from 1971's Sticky Fingers to 2016's covers album Blue & Lonesome.

The album comes in 3 CD, 4 LP and digital formats, with 36 essential tracks, including "Brown Sugar," "Tumbling Dice," "Angie," "Miss You," "Emotional Rescue" and "Start Me Up." The deluxe version also has a bonus disc of 10 live tracks recorded during the band's recent tours, including "Dead Flowers" with Brad Paisley, "Bitch" with Foo Fighters leader Dave Grohl, "Wild Horses" with Florence Welch and "Beast of Burden" with Ed Sheeran. A limited edition deluxe fan edition color 4 LP version can be ordered here.

The Rolling Stones perform live on stage at Old Trafford on June 5, 2018 in Manchester, England.

Rolling Stones Rescheduled Tour Will Start in July, New Dates to Be Announced 'In the Next Couple of Weeks'
The Stones recently postponed the launch of the 17-date North American leg of their No Filter tour after singer Mick Jagger underwent heart valve replacement surgery. The 75 year-old singer is reportedly recuperating and expected to make a full recovery.

See the various configurations below:

The Rolling Stones – Honk Deluxe 3 CD Track Listing

Disc 1

Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Rocks Off
Miss You
Tumbling Dice
Just Your Fool
Wild Horses
Fool To Cry
Angie
Beast Of Burden
Hot Stuff
It’s Only Rock’n’Roll (But I Like It)
Rock And A Hard Place
Doom And Gloom
Love Is Strong
Mixed Emotions
Don’t Stop
Ride ‘Em On Down

Disc 2

Bitch
Harlem Shuffle
Hate To See You Go
Rough Justice
Happy
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
One More Shot
Respectable
You Got Me Rocking
Rain Fall Down
Dancing With Mr D
Undercover (Of The Night)
Emotional Rescue
Waiting On A Friend
Saint Of Me
Out Of Control
Streets Of Love
Out Of Tears

Disc 3 – Live Tracks

Get off My Cloud
Dancing With Mr D
Beast Of Burden (with Ed Sheeran)
She’s A Rainbow
Wild Horses (with Florence Welch)
Let’s Spend The Night Together
Dead Flowers (with Brad Paisley)
Shine A Light
Under My Thumb
Bitch (with Dave Grohl)

The Rolling Stones – Honk Deluxe 4LP Track Listing

LP 1 – SIDE A

Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Rocks Off
Miss You
Tumbling Dice
Just Your Fool

LP 1 – SIDE B

Wild Horses
Fool To Cry
Angie
Beast Of Burden
Hot Stuff
It’s Only Rock’n’Roll (But I Like It)
LP 2 – SIDE C

Rock And A Hard Place
Doom And Gloom
Love Is Strong
Mixed Emotions
Don’t Stop
Ride ‘Em On Down
LP 2 – SIDE D

Bitch
Harlem Shuffle
Hate To See You Go
Rough Justice
Happy
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
One More Shot

LP 3 – SIDE E

Respectable
You Got Me Rocking
Rain Fall Down
Dancing With Mr. D
Emotional Rescue

LP 3 – SIDE F

Waiting On A Friend
Saint Of Me
Out Of Control
Streets Of Love
Out Of Tears

LP 4 – SIDE G

Get Off My Cloud
Dancing With Mr. D
Beast Of Burden (with Ed Sheeran)
She’s A Rainbow

LP 4 – SIDE H

Let’s Spend The Night Together
Dead Flowers (with Brad Paisley)
Shine A Light
Under My Thumb
Bitch (with Dave Grohl)

The Rolling Stones – Honk 1CD Track Listing

Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Miss You
Tumbling Dice
Just Your Fool
Fool To Cry
Angie
Beast Of Burden
It’s Only Rock ’n’ Roll (But I Like It)
Doom And Gloom
Love Is Strong
Mixed Emotions
Don’t Stop
Harlem Shuffle
Happy
Rain Fall Down
Emotional Rescue
Saint Of Me

The Rolling Stones – Honk 2LP Track Listing

LP 1 – SIDE A

Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Miss You
Tumbling Dice
Just Your Fool

LP 1 – SIDE B

Fool To Cry
Angie
Beast Of Burden
It’s Only Rock ’n’ Roll (But I Like It)
Doom And Gloom

LP 2 – SIDE C

Love Is Strong
Mixed Emotions
Don’t Stop
Harlem Shuffle
Happy

LP 2 – SIDE D

Rain Fall Down
Emotional Rescue
Saint Of Me

[www.billboard.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-21 04:19 by exilestones.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 21, 2019 04:06

"Rolling Stones Rescheduled Tour Will Start in July, New Dates to Be Announced 'In the Next Couple of Weeks'".

Sounds like this statement was made right after the postponement, but is there a link to that last review?

PS - nice work compiling all of the HONK info. exilestones - makes me look forward to the new studio album of originals more than ever. thumbs up

Date: April 21, 2019 04:17

" Honk Tote Bag features album artwork printed on a premium 12oz black cotton canvas tote bag. Measurements:
14.75""H x 19.5""W x 5""D expanded width. Honk features the biggest hits and classic cuts from every
Rolling Stones studio album from 1971 - 2016's Blue & Lonesome.

*All orders will receive an official HONK bumper sticker, only while supplies last."

[www.merchbar.com]

Another nice collectors' item

+++++++++

Date: April 21, 2019 04:17

Date: April 21, 2019 04:18

Mick Jagger and Brad Paisley

Mick Jagger and Brad Paisley

Date: April 21, 2019 04:20

Hairball
"Rolling Stones Rescheduled Tour Will Start in July, New Dates to Be Announced 'In the Next Couple of Weeks'".

Sounds like this statement was made right after the postponement, but is there a link to that last review?

PS - nice work compiling all of the HONK info. exilestones - makes me look forward to the new studio album of originals more than ever. thumbs up

[www.billboard.com]

Andrew Timms/Courtesy of UME
The Rolling Stones and Florence Welch of Florence + the Machine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-21 04:22 by exilestones.

Date: April 21, 2019 04:24

Historias que no sabías sobre canciones de The Rollings Stones
The Rolling Stones compartió anécdotas sobre sus éxitos que estarán en su nuevo disco HONK. Rock & Pop te muestra lo mejor.
Por María Peralta Inda

Debido al lanzamiento de HONK, el nuevo álbum de The Rolling Stones que recopila lo mejor de todos los tiempos, la banda ha publicado en su Instagram algunas anécdotas de las canciones que estarán en el disco.

HONK será estrenado este viernes 19 de abril e incluye canciones desde su primer disco en 1971 hasta “Blue & Lonesome”, la última creación lanzada en 2016. Serán 36 canciones y 10 de ellas versiones en vivo.

[www.rockandpop.cl]

Date: April 21, 2019 04:29

exilestones
Hairball

[www.billboard.com]

Andrew Timms/Courtesy of UME
The Rolling Stones and Florence Welch of Florence + the Machine

OK thanks - I see there's a "Read more" link to an older story dated April 1st with that specific quote in it.
For a second I thought it might be something new regarding the rescheduled dates.

Date: April 21, 2019 04:29

Wieder mal nur das Beste – „Honk“ von den Rolling Stones erscheint
Das nächste Studioalbum der Rolling Stones soll zwar auch noch in diesem Jahr herauskommen, vorerst aber gibt es nur eine weitere Best-Of. „Honk“ enthält zu viele Überschneidungen zu früheren Kompilationen, aber auch eine Live-CD, die zeigt, dass die Klasse der Stones immer noch „on the road“ am besten zur Geltung kommt. Unter den Gastsängern: Ed Sheeran.

Als sie Hamburg rockten: Die Rolling Stones (v. l. Ronnie Wood, Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts und Keith Richards)
beim Europatourauftakt 2017. Jetzt erscheint ein neues Best-of-Album. Quelle: PublicAd

London
Ja, es gibt schon wieder eine „Best of“-Platte der Rolling Stones. „Honk“ heißt das am Freitag erscheinende Doppelalbum – ein Schimpfwort aus dem amerikanischen Slang, das längst auch auf deutschen Schulhöfen Einzug gehalten hat. Ein „Honk“ ist einer, der sich prächtig blamiert hat, ein Trottel, Esel, Blödmann. Warum die dienstälteste Rock’n’Roll-Band der Welt im 57. Jahr ihres Bestehens auf diesen Titel verfallen ist – keine Ahnung. Die letzte Hit-Kompilation der Stones (die 29. insgesamt) hieß 2012 deutlich cooler „Grrr!“ , die vorletzte auch: „Forty Licks“ (2002).

[www.maz-online.de]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 21, 2019 05:11

Love the fact that there's a live track featuring Bobby Keys included in this.

"Bitch" with Dave Grohl is really a great cut where the guest really adds a lot to the song. Keith's look during Dave's guitar work at about the 2:50 mark of this video says it all.. he was on fire.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 21, 2019 05:55

Just downloaded Honk Deluxe on iTunes...

Anyone notice LSTNT says "Live from Manchester Evening News Arena"? And BOB is from "Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas"?

Just curious if more of the info is wrong?

I wanted to see "Old Trafford" since I was there!

Live cuts sound good, though...

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: April 21, 2019 10:24

TKinOH
Just downloaded Honk Deluxe on iTunes...

Anyone notice LSTNT says "Live from Manchester Evening News Arena"? And BOB is from "Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas"?

I wanted to see "Old Trafford" since I was there!

Live cuts sound good, though...

It really annoys me too because I was at the show. I’ve sent an email asking for a corrected version which they really should print, especially if enough people complain. Like I’ve said in a previous post - other bands have issued replacements for errors smaller than this one.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 21, 2019 11:40

TKinOH

Beast of Burden (with Ed Sheeran) - Kansas City (MO), Arrowhead Stadium, 27-Jun-2015 seems to be correct (apart from the missing word City) - [iorr.org] .

Wild Horses (with Florence Welch) - London (UK), London Stadium - it was on 25-May-2018 (not May, 18 or 22 as stated by Universal Music) - [iorr.org] - [iorr.org] - [iorr.org] - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Let's Spend The Night Together - Manchester (UK) - it was of course at Old Trafford, 5-Jun-2018 - [iorr.org] .

Shine A Light - Amsterdam (NL), Amsterdam Arena, 30-Sep-2017 - the name is Amsterdam Arena, not just ArenA - [iorr.org] - [iorr.org] .

All other data seem to be correct - [iorr.org] .

Date: April 21, 2019 15:20

Hairball

OK thanks - I see there's a "Read more" link to an older story dated April 1st with that specific quote in it.
For a second I thought it might be something new regarding the rescheduled dates.

You're welcome. I should have posted the link, missed it. I didn't bother posting the Tour to Start in July story since it was off-topic.

Date: April 21, 2019 15:23

Date: April 21, 2019 15:33

I'm getting the free bumper sticker which I'll never put on a bumper!

I love getting the new live tracks. This new release is really a double release instead of just the greatest hits. I'm thankful.

My HONK didn't arrive yet but I've been listening to the live tracks on Spotify.

[open.spotify.com]

Date: April 21, 2019 15:34

Start Me Up remastered?

Date: April 21, 2019 16:38

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-21 16:44 by exilestones.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: April 21, 2019 16:41

Any noticed the song order is different on spotify compared to the real album

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 21, 2019 17:09

rebelhipi

damn...as a completist that means I now need to subscribe to spotify. when the hell will this insanity end?!

Date: April 21, 2019 17:14

treaclefingers
rebelhipi

damn...as a completist that means I now need to subscribe to spotify. when the hell will this insanity end?!

Rolling Stones - 'Honk' Color Vinyl (SPOTIFY EXCLUSIVE)
$32.98
Format: 180-gram Translucent Red Vinyl LP
[thesoundofvinyl.us]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 21, 2019 17:47

Love the translucent red. If they did all the live tracks I would have been tempted for sure, maybe even add an etched side.

Date: April 21, 2019 18:24

Rolling Stones Release Brad Paisley Collaboration

One of the songs available ahead of the Rolling Stones’ new album Honk, due Friday (April 19), is a live “Dead Flowers”
collaboration with Brad Paisley. Honk essentially picks up where the band’s Hot Rocks compilations left off, compiling 36
songs from Sticky Fingers through 2016’s Blue & Lonesome, as well as 10 live performances from tours they staged from
2013-2018.

[www.cmt.com]

Date: April 21, 2019 18:28

frankotero
Love the translucent red. If they did all the live tracks I would have been tempted for sure, maybe even add an etched side.
Probably will grab the red vinyl from one of the shows, but if they had the live tracks this would already be on it's way.

Meanwhile.. where are the Canadian fans who can tell/show us about this..
"Canadian fans have access to a limited-edition Fan Pack version of Honk that includes the standard CD edition, an exclusive pair of sunglasses and an exclusive koozie – both featuring the Canadian Rolling Stones’ Tongue!"
[www.archambault.ca]

Another one I would have probably already grabbed if they included the live disc, but would like to see the glasses cool smiley

Date: April 21, 2019 22:51

Brad Paisley was a surprise addition to the Rolling Stones' Philadelphia concert in 2013 —
a show that will live on in song. The country star appeared to sing "Dead Flowers" with the band on their
50 and Counting Tour, and now, the live recording of the performance will be featured on a new album.
Honk impacts on April 19.

Also featured on the Stones' new album are collaborations with Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl (performing
"Bitch") and Florence Welch on "Wild Horses." The album will feature the band's biggest hits from every studio
album from 1971 on, with 36 Stones essential studio tracks and 10 live songs in total.

Paisley and Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger have worked together multiple times, including on a song called
"Drive of Shame" for the country star's 2017 album Love & War.

"I've been ripping the Rolling Stones off with every song I write in some form or another. We’ll all ripping
them off, every artist who's ever played anything near what they do," Paisley tells Rolling Stone in an
interview.

Paisley also covered "Dead Flowers" when the band headlined Nashville's LP Field in 2015. He went onto tell
Rolling Stone about the album Sticky Fingers, which he says is "a country album in so many ways. [Mick’s] a
pretty darn important country artist."

Next up for Paisley is a spring and summer headlining tour featuring openers Chris Lane and Riley Green.
The Rolling Stones are also touring the States in 2019 — their No Filter Tour starts this spring, too.

[tasteofcountry.com]

+++++++

Brad Paisley - Drive of Shame featuring Mick Jagger 2017:
[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 21, 2019 23:05

HONK! bumper stickers can be bought for $5.00 from merchbar w/free shipping > HONK!< every Stones fan needs at least one.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: April 21, 2019 23:08

Is there a LP-Release with all the live tracks?

Surprisingly I like them spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1634
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home