Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 50
Re: HONK - Limited Edition compilation out April 19
Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 23:50

MacLaurens
JordyLicks96
hockenheim95
MacLaurens
Karlos123
makustone
I'm listening to HONK on Spotify and I notice that Doom And Gloom and Ride 'Em On Down are different versions of the original ones! Especially in Ride 'Em On Down Mick sings it differently and harmonica solo is different! For these things I love the Stones more than my life! Did anyone notice something different in other songs on the album?

You‘re right - noticed differences in Doom and Gloom as well. Intonation in the second verse is different (garbage dump, end up drunk). I like this version! Even more aggressive!

And Charlie is playing as well, not the Band-In-A-Box kind of thing they used on GRRR!

Are you shure this isn't the normal Grrr Version? I haven't heard Honk now but the Grrr Version was different to the YouTube/single Version. I Just can't believe we have a third version now

I listened to both versions on Spotify:

Doom and Gloom is the GRRR! version. The other version used for the music video and lyric video is the Jeff Bahasker remix, which has a different lead vocal and the music I'm not too sure is different as well and Ride 'Em On Down is the EXACT version from BLUE & LONESOME. So unless you can post exactly what you're hearing, than they're both the same on HONK.

You may be right there about DaG. I also tried to find differences with REOD but couldn't find any. It is the same version.

Just to fully clarify:

Doom and Gloom from "GRRR!": [www.youtube.com]
Doom and Gloom "Jeff Bhasker Mix": [www.youtube.com]

Differences between the two:

GRRR!:
[Shorter Intro]
["What's the funky noise?"]
[Longer solo]
["End up drunk" sung slower]

Jeff Bhasker Mix:
[Longer Intro]
["Hear the funky noise"]
[Shorter Solo]
["End up drunk" sung faster]

Both endings are slightly different as well

Ride 'Em On Down "Blue & Lonesome": [www.youtube.com]

HONK uses the GRRR! version of Doom and Gloom and REOD is the regular B&L version.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-20 00:04 by JordyLicks96.

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: April 19, 2019 23:56

Thank you!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 20, 2019 00:02

Have Deluxe 3 CD HONK via USA mail
unopened and ready to travel...
I had a blast going thru it outside Spotify today :-)

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 20, 2019 00:59

Disc 3 reclaims the throne of rock and roll kings

Reminds me of when Still Life came out...but how can this be better? Amazing!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-20 01:24 by shadooby.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 20, 2019 01:12

schillid

E N O U G H ...
A L R E A D Y

I always enjoy your artwork!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 20, 2019 01:49

shadooby
Disc 3 reclaims the throne of rock and roll kings

Reminds me of when Still Life came out...but how can this be better? Amazing!

thumbs up
Agree.
This is a GREAT live disc!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 20, 2019 01:59

Agree

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: April 20, 2019 02:49

Well Shine A Light and Dancing With Mr. D was nice to hear. Still having a hard time accepting the obvious mistakes on these live takes. But since it's not a standalone live release you have to take it for what it is I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-20 03:03 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 20, 2019 04:25

Wow. What a supreme disappointment. Another Greatest Hits rehash, and the nadir of Don't Stop. What lame live tracks. I didn't find one of them worth buying from I Tunes. This is a new low for the Post-Wyman Stones.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: April 20, 2019 08:44

Anyone got the Beast of Burden and Bitch live takes as FLÄCHE and could send me?
They are absent on Spotify etc and I have to possibility to rip my vinyl.
Thanks

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 20, 2019 09:04

The live tracks are disappointing.

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: April 20, 2019 10:59

TheBlockbuster
Well Shine A Light and Dancing With Mr. D was nice to hear. Still having a hard time accepting the obvious mistakes on these live takes. But since it's not a standalone live release you have to take it for what it is I guess.

Which obvious mistakes?

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: April 20, 2019 12:37

MacLaurens
TheBlockbuster

Which obvious mistakes?

An example would be Keith's bum notes on the Under My Thumb solo, or when Charlie misses a beat at 0:13 on LTSNT (happens on other songs aswell).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 20, 2019 12:47

Relax, it's live music. I'd rather have that then PDB fixing stuff after the fact.

Gave HONK a listen yesterday and say/think what you will (me included) they produced an impressive number of good tracks between 1989 and 2012, not enough sure, but some fine stuff that rocks hard for the most part. Love these guys !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: April 20, 2019 13:53

I really wished they could have snuck a few extra live rarities on there. Since they we were really willing to cherry pick from a few different years I would have liked to see a few from the O2 Arena in 2012. "Lady Jane" and "I Wanna Be Your Man" sounded pretty good on the bootlegs.

Date: April 20, 2019 15:11

[twitter.com]

Anyone pre-order through the stones site to get the bumper sticker??
Would like one, but not sure I want to actually encourage other drivers to "Honk",
get enough of that already as I reach a certain age cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-20 15:11 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: April 20, 2019 15:49

I purchased downloads of the live tracks, but still can’t seem to buy BoB or Bitch. I really like these live tracks, but not having the complete deal is driving me nuts! Even the torrents have the studio versions in place of the live ones. If anyone has any help they can offer on how to obtain these 2 tracks it would be greatly appreciated!

Rossv427@hotmail.com.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 20, 2019 15:49

Spotify is really marketing alot lately aside from Honk. They are now offering Hulu if you get their prem service at 9.96 a month for all music with no commercials

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 20, 2019 16:50

I was not going to get this but the deluxe edition has some interesting live songs and they are recent and quite good. Really like Dancing With Mr. D from Cardiff

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: April 20, 2019 17:57

Anyone who bought the vinyl: does it come with a download code?

Date: April 20, 2019 19:18

Ross
I purchased downloads of the live tracks, but still can’t seem to buy BoB or Bitch. I really like these live tracks, but not having the complete deal is driving me nuts! Even the torrents have the studio versions in place of the live ones. If anyone has any help they can offer on how to obtain these 2 tracks it would be greatly appreciated!

Rossv427@hotmail.com.

[therollingstonesshop.com]

cool smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 20, 2019 20:38

Amnesiac world musical press as always fascinated, greeting again
a new compilation...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 20, 2019 20:38

I got "honked" today in Saturn store in Mannheim. Price was reasonable at 20 euros for the deluxe edition. Can't beat that considering we use to pay higher prices for a single CD. I like the live tracks but I wish there was some dialogue in there. Still, it's well worth it.

Posted by: Erhard51 ()
Date: April 20, 2019 21:49

I got the the Honk Box today (4 coulored Vinyl LP´s) with HONK-Sticker.smiling smiley

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 20, 2019 22:54

Are there any PROMO CDs in circulation?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 21, 2019 00:05

Bitch (Live At The Honda Center, Anaheim) - [www.YouTube.com] - (Music only).

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: April 21, 2019 00:19

For all the complaints about another hits comp - this is a pretty good mix, I think. To introduce someone to the Stones, you could definitely do worse. It’s a nice playlist.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 21, 2019 00:45

TooTough
Are there any PROMO CDs in circulation?
Ask rollonstonedmusic-2008. He will burn one for you winking smiley

tommycharles
For all the complaints about another hits comp - this is a pretty good mix, I think. To introduce someone to the Stones, you could definitely do worse. It’s a nice playlist.
Playlist - probably. In terms of mix - 2009 remaster is no good at all.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: April 21, 2019 01:02

Does anyone know how long it might take for mine to get to me? I ordered it from the Stones store and it shipped Thursday.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 21, 2019 02:55

I ordered the Deluxe vinyl from RollingStones.com . It's a cool collectors' item.

I also got the deluxe CD.

I think the above items will rise in value better than the stock market in a few years.

At first glance I think the Live Honk has some cool stuff on it. I'm really liking Brad Paisly on Dead Flowers. Brad doing Dead Flowers in Nashville 2015 did some cool lead.

She's a Rainbow is pretty damn good too. I haven't heard the whole live album yet.

I'm always interested in the best sounding version of each Stones song. I remember when 40 Licks came out and we got some great sounding tracks like Off My Cloud, Gimme Shelter, Happy (I think) and there's more. I starting comparing 40 Licks to Grrr! for 'best sounding' of each track. Is HONK any better sounding version that previous greatest hits.

Overall I think HONK was a great idea. Update a greatest Hits package which is cool. HONK's release was to coincide with the Rolling Stones US Tour which would have been extra cool. There's a special edition vinyl only to be sold on the tour. Another collectors' item.

How about that HONK Tote Bag and the sun glasses from Canada. I want to see these HONK sun glasses.

++++++++

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1956
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home