Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 50
Re: Stones Latest Post
Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: March 20, 2019 00:12

john lomax
Far out, I was only joking when I said "Honk on This" - I never thought I'd be so close to the actual album name!

For what its worth, Honk is a terrible album name.....

better than Grrrr

Re: HONK - Limited Edition compilation out April 19
Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: March 20, 2019 00:58

GasLightStreet
Irix
Doxa

Anyway, I have always felt that many people buying Promotone era hit collections, and not familiar with their dualistic existence or with the band per se, and thinking 'yeah, now I get all the big Stones hits' are doomed to be feel a bit disappointed... 'hmm.. yeah yeah, "Brown Sugar", "Angie", "Start Me Up".. great great.. but haven't they also got some other great songs, such as that one which goes "I can't get no satisfaction" or "I see my red door and want it paint it black" or "hoooo-ooonky tonk women" or the one with that cool riff which says "gas gas gas"...'grinning smiley

Someone will give'em a hint that they'll find the other great songs on the Hot-Rocks-Compilation - and that they'll need both Albums to cover the period from 1964-2016 .... smiling smiley

That sums it up. HOT ROCKS and HONK at this point covers close to everything regarding worthy singles (for some reason Shattered and She's So Cold were left off in place of the lesser singles Rock And A Hard Place and Respectable) from 1964-2016.

Which is pretty good, really.

Here are some of the U.S. and U.K. charting singles which were omitted.

Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Shattered
She's So Cold
Hang Fire
Going To A Go-Go (live)
She Was Hot
One Hit (To The Body)
Almost Hear You Sigh
Highwire
Like A Rolling Stone (live)

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 20, 2019 08:43

boogaloojef
GasLightStreet
Irix
Doxa

Anyway, I have always felt that many people buying Promotone era hit collections, and not familiar with their dualistic existence or with the band per se, and thinking 'yeah, now I get all the big Stones hits' are doomed to be feel a bit disappointed... 'hmm.. yeah yeah, "Brown Sugar", "Angie", "Start Me Up".. great great.. but haven't they also got some other great songs, such as that one which goes "I can't get no satisfaction" or "I see my red door and want it paint it black" or "hoooo-ooonky tonk women" or the one with that cool riff which says "gas gas gas"...'grinning smiley

Someone will give'em a hint that they'll find the other great songs on the Hot-Rocks-Compilation - and that they'll need both Albums to cover the period from 1964-2016 .... smiling smiley

That sums it up. HOT ROCKS and HONK at this point covers close to everything regarding worthy singles (for some reason Shattered and She's So Cold were left off in place of the lesser singles Rock And A Hard Place and Respectable) from 1964-2016.

Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Shattered
She's So Cold
Hang Fire
Going To A Go-Go (live)
She Was Hot
One Hit (To The Body)
Almost Hear You Sigh
Highwire

wow fantastic album, i am going to make that playlist and honk it in my car

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 20, 2019 10:41

boogaloojef
GasLightStreet
Irix
Doxa

Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Shattered
She's So Cold
Hang Fire
Going To A Go-Go (live)
She Was Hot
One Hit (To The Body)
Almost Hear You Sigh
Highwire

Add there things like "Sway", "Moonlight Mile", "Rip This Joint", "Shine A Light", "All Down The Line", "Star Star", "Till The Next Goodbye","Time Waits For No One", "Dance Little Sister", "Memory Motel", "Before They Make Me Run", "Faraway Eyes", "Dance", "All About You", "Worried About You", "Time is On My Side" (live), "Too Much Blood", "Sad Sad Sad", "I Go Wild", "Anybody Seen My Love", "How Can I Stop", "Biggest Mistake", "That's How Strong My Love Is" (live), "Plundered My Soul", "No Spare Parts, "Blue and Lonesome", etc. we would have a nice MORE HONK.

Actually some of those songs were single A-sides or rather high-profile video releases despite not making US or UK charts.

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-20 11:15 by Doxa.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 20, 2019 12:22

Yeah fine Doxa those fantastic tunes would make for a great Hits album, Bonk would have been better than Honk.

Hate this name, Honk, reminds me of that Aerosmith thing, Honkin' on Bobo.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 20, 2019 12:32

Wish I'd Never Met You ….. B-side

Wheel that gem out again on da Honk ….

ROCKMAN

Date: March 20, 2019 12:43

Can anyone tell me what's limited about this limited edition.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 20, 2019 12:51

keithsman

the live CD (but there's no information how many copies will be released)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 20, 2019 12:56

albums are made of rice paper ….
limited ta 5 plays per side then ya can eat 'em ….

ROCKMAN

Date: March 20, 2019 13:09

Rockman

albums are made of rice paper ….
limited ta 5 plays per side then ya can eat 'em ….

mmm yummy

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 21, 2019 04:22

boogaloojef
GasLightStreet
Irix
Doxa

Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Shattered
She's So Cold
Hang Fire

Going To A Go-Go (live)
She Was Hot
One Hit (To The Body)
Almost Hear You Sigh
Highwire

Of those that you listed, I bolded the ones that would be most suitable for HONK - or any future comp.

Date: March 21, 2019 15:12

GasLightStreet
boogaloojef
GasLightStreet
Irix
Doxa

Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Shattered
She's So Cold
Hang Fire

Going To A Go-Go (live)
She Was Hot
One Hit (To The Body)
Almost Hear You Sigh
Highwire

Of those that you listed, I bolded the ones that would be most suitable for HONK - or any future comp.

I think it would make sense to have a compilation which contained all of the U.S. & U.K. charting singles from the time period. Not all of their charting singles were even included on the Super Deluxe Version of GRRR! My list doesn't even include singles which charted after they changed and added more charts in the U.S and U.K., stuff like Terrifying, I Go Wild, Biggest Mistake, Plundered My Soul and Oh No, Not You Again for example.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-21 15:20 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: March 21, 2019 16:50

As per today I’ve ordered:
2LP - blue vinyl
3LP - black vinyl, hopefully Made in USA
4LP - 4 different colours
Am I missing still missing any vinyl pressing?
Thanks for your help, Luca

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 21, 2019 17:11

1963luca0
2LP - blue vinyl

Looks like you have enough money luca.
jeroen

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: March 21, 2019 18:20

who could get me from the tour the red vinyl if he can

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 21, 2019 19:14

1963luca0
2LP - blue vinyl
Red vinyl sounds better than any other colored vinyls winking smiley. I mean that limited edition that will be sold on the concert stands during the US tour. It is not in your list.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: March 21, 2019 22:21

keithsman
Yes. It is limited to however many they can sell.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: March 21, 2019 22:32

Their greed is unbelievable

Date: March 22, 2019 04:00

boogaloojef
GasLightStreet
boogaloojef
GasLightStreet
Irix
Doxa

Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Shattered
She's So Cold
Hang Fire

Going To A Go-Go (live)
She Was Hot
One Hit (To The Body)
Almost Hear You Sigh
Highwire

I think it would make sense to have a compilation which contained all of the U.S. & U.K. charting singles from the time period. Not all of their charting singles were even included on the Super Deluxe Version of GRRR! My list doesn't even include singles which charted after they changed and added more charts in the U.S and U.K., stuff like Terrifying, I Go Wild, Biggest Mistake, Plundered My Soul and Oh No, Not You Again for example.

They should do a box set release of singles from... where do you start? Let's go with the current mindset - 1971-2016.

I haven't done the math to figure out how it would work out disc wise, regardless of format, but obviously for streaming ie iTunes etc it wouldn't be a problem.

Start with the UK edition of REWIND - it has She's So Cold and Respectable on it.

The US edition has Hang Fire, Emotional Rescue and Heartbreaker.

Combine those and there's a damn fine comp, as equally important in Stones culture as HOT ROCKS.

Track time wise to fit all of those, edit versions of MY, ER, BOB, UOTN, IORR and FTC would probably make it fit on one disc.

That doesn't include Wild Horses!

That would be disc one - the best of the best.

Go from there. Disc 2 would feature other tunes from 1971-1983 onward. Throw in a bit of HOT ROCKS mentality ala UMT, SFTD and Gimme Shelter, non-single tracks, and CYHMK and a few other LP gems could be included.

So say that's 4 discs.

Disc 5 could be remixes.

Have they done that? Not in a greatest hits mentality. Sure, there is THE SINGLES 1971-2006, which probably not many people bought, but that's in chronological order with B-sides (some past redundant), good and bad remixes and live tracks.

Too many comps? Sure. Historically. But some day something like I just described may come out officially. It's only up to the buyer to understand. I'm no completist but some may feel obligated, for their own sick reasons, to have EVERYTHING.

Whatever.

In 50 years when UMe is all that is left they'll still be the home of the Stones' entire catalog and they can release THE BEST OF 1968-1973 or whatever and people will buy it. If the Stones don't release this new album or albums, it'll be all they can do that's new as a record label that's home to the Stones.

We'll all be beyond caring or dead.

Date: March 22, 2019 04:22

GasLightStreet
boogaloojef
GasLightStreet
boogaloojef
GasLightStreet
Irix
Doxa

Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Shattered
She's So Cold
Hang Fire

Going To A Go-Go (live)
She Was Hot
One Hit (To The Body)
Almost Hear You Sigh
Highwire

They should do a box set release of singles from... where do you start? Let's go with the current mindset - 1971-2016.

I haven't done the math to figure out how it would work out disc wise, regardless of format, but obviously for streaming ie iTunes etc it wouldn't be a problem.

Start with the UK edition of REWIND - it has She's So Cold and Respectable on it.

Combine those and there's a damn fine comp, as equally important in Stones culture as HOT ROCKS.

Track time wise to fit all of those, edit versions of MY, ER, BOB, UOTN, IORR and FTC would probably make it fit on one disc.

Go from there. Disc 2 would feature other tunes from 1971-1983 onward. Throw in a bit of HOT ROCKS mentality ala UMT, SFTD and Gimme Shelter, non-single tracks, and CYHMK and a few other LP gems could be included.

So say that's 4 discs.

Disc 5 could be remixes.

Have they done that? Not in a greatest hits mentality. Sure, there is THE SINGLES 1971-2006, which probably not many people bought, but that's in chronological order with B-sides (some past redundant), good and bad remixes and live tracks.

Too many comps? Sure. Historically. But some day something like I just described may come out officially. It's only up to the buyer to understand. I'm no completist but some may feel obligated, for their own sick reasons, to have EVERYTHING.

Whatever.

In 50 years when UMe is all that is left they'll still be the home of the Stones' entire catalog and they can release THE BEST OF 1968-1973 or whatever and people will buy it. If the Stones don't release this new album or albums, it'll be all they can do that's new as a record label that's home to the Stones.

I burned this cdr a while back as an alternative to Rewind.

Singles 1971-1982

1. Brown Sugar
2. Wild Horses
3. Tumbling Dice
4. Happy
5. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
6. Angie
7. Ain't Too Proud To Beg
8. It's Only Rock 'N' Roll (But I Like It)
9. Hot Stuff
10. Fool To Cry
11. Miss You
12. Respectable
13. Beast Of Burden
14. Shattered
15. Emotional Rescue
16. She's So Cold
17. Start Me Up
18. Hang Fire
19. Waiting On A Friend
20. Going To A Go-Go

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-22 04:22 by boogaloojef.

Date: March 22, 2019 04:26

boogaloojef
GasLightStreet
boogaloojef
GasLightStreet
boogaloojef
GasLightStreet
Irix
Doxa

Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Shattered
She's So Cold
Hang Fire

Going To A Go-Go (live)
She Was Hot
One Hit (To The Body)
Almost Hear You Sigh
Highwire

So say that's 4 discs.

Disc 5 could be remixes.

Whatever.

Singles 1971-1982

1. Brown Sugar
2. Wild Horses
3. Tumbling Dice
4. Happy
6. Angie
9. Hot Stuff
10. Fool To Cry
11. Miss You
12. Respectable
13. Beast Of Burden
14. Shattered
15. Emotional Rescue
16. She's So Cold
17. Start Me Up
18. Hang Fire
19. Waiting On A Friend
20. Going To A Go-Go

HA!

I like that. I'd drop Respectable and Going To A Go-Go and add Dancing With Mr D and Neighbours.

Date: March 22, 2019 04:29

GasLightStreet
boogaloojef
GasLightStreet
boogaloojef
GasLightStreet
boogaloojef
GasLightStreet
Irix
Doxa

Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Shattered
She's So Cold
Hang Fire

Going To A Go-Go (live)
She Was Hot
One Hit (To The Body)
Almost Hear You Sigh
Highwire

So say that's 4 discs.

Disc 5 could be remixes.

Whatever.

Singles 1971-1982

1. Brown Sugar
2. Wild Horses
3. Tumbling Dice
4. Happy
6. Angie
9. Hot Stuff
10. Fool To Cry
11. Miss You
12. Respectable
13. Beast Of Burden
14. Shattered
15. Emotional Rescue
16. She's So Cold
17. Start Me Up
18. Hang Fire
19. Waiting On A Friend
20. Going To A Go-Go

HA!

I like that. I'd drop Respectable and Going To A Go-Go and add Dancing With Mr D and Neighbours.

I wanted it to include the U.S. and U.K. singles from the time period. The live version of Time Is On My Side from Still Life wouldn't fit. I basically combined the U.S. and U.K versions of Rewind, added the other charting singles from the period and dropped Undercover Of The Night (as She Was Hot would not also fit) and replaced it with Going To A Go-Go (always omitted from compilations) to shorten the time period.

I also don't like Neighbors much.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-22 04:38 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 22, 2019 05:20

I'm just gonna say it. I'm a little excited for Honk!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 22, 2019 05:36

CJFP

HONK IF YOU LOVE THE STONES!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 22, 2019 05:44

ironbelly
1963luca0
2LP - blue vinyl
Red vinyl sounds better than any other colored vinyls winking smiley. I mean that limited edition that will be sold on the concert stands during the US tour. It is not in your list.

*Why? Why not just by all the original albums in vinyl at this point?
And good grief on the lists of greatest hits 3 song tallied missing,
completist needs to acquire.
Again buy all the original albums at that point.
Odd.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 22, 2019 07:29

treaclefingers
CJFP

HONK IF YOU LOVE THE STONES!

Right On! It'a the new Stones album of the moment.
If it gets tons of more airplay anywhere in the world for a bit,
I'd be so depressed. They might play something I've heard already;
which is where I'm going now; I haven't heard studio All Down The Line
in a few days and i'm getting restless as you know what

Date: March 22, 2019 07:30

oh shit heartbreakers on there?eye rolling smiley

Date: March 22, 2019 07:31

ADTL is on there, right?

Date: March 22, 2019 07:34

right?
i'm not even looking; somebody give it to me straight. Not Rockman.
adtl, right? i'm not looking at the lists or bitching about what's on it...
...too much; brown sugar for sure right? dig that one.

Date: March 22, 2019 07:35

yeah yeah yeah whoooo!
love that part

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1617
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home