Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 14 of 15
Re: Bridges to Buenos Aires
Posted by: nick ()
Date: July 26, 2019 03:57

Irix

Yep, I think that too.

Maybe it's again a Stones-Exhibitionism specific release (like VL in Japan) and to me it looks like that Stones-Exhibitionism goes now to South America before it comes back to Europe in 2020. Therefore the title: "Bridges to Buenos Aires" ....

That's damn clever Irix. Your posts are always informative.

Re: New dvd release: Bridges To Bremen
Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: July 26, 2019 04:21

The show on 30th was filmed for TV broadcast, unlike the rest. Same as Bremen, so that is the one which will be released.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 26, 2019 05:11

Looking forward this one!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-26 05:25 by mariano.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: July 27, 2019 10:39

Wishfull thinking. If the Stones-Exhibitionism comes to the Netherlands i´m curious if they also release a special From the Vault. For example the other Paradiso show which was excluded from Totally Stripped box.

Date: July 27, 2019 13:18

Mabru
Wishfull thinking. If the Stones-Exhibitionism comes to the Netherlands i´m curious if they also release a special From the Vault. For example the other Paradiso show which was excluded from Totally Stripped box.

It comes to Groningen, doesn't it?

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: July 27, 2019 13:37

DandelionPowderman
Mabru

Correct from oktober 2020 until januari 2021

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: July 28, 2019 11:46

Mabru

What a blast it would be!

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: July 28, 2019 11:47

Mabru
DandelionPowderman
Mabru

Correct from oktober 2020 until januari 2021

Great! Anyone know where it is going in the future? Or is it kept secret?

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: July 28, 2019 12:29

For the Dutch Exhibitionisme exclusive release they can take Bridges to Groningen from 1999 spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: August 7, 2019 23:04

The audio fom the Bridges To Bremen has a dynamic range value of 5/6. Squashed. Why? Because it is not supposed to sound good on stereo play back?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 7, 2019 23:30

barbabang

The audio fom the Bridges To Bremen has a dynamic range value of 5/6. Squashed. Why?

Maybe because it was originally a TV-Broadcast? TV-Sound is not always the best ....

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: August 8, 2019 00:18

Irix
barbabang

The audio fom the Bridges To Bremen has a dynamic range value of 5/6. Squashed. Why?

Maybe because it was originally a TV-Broadcast? TV-Sound is not always the best ....

This was mixed from the multi tracks, totally different from the original TV mix which was done on the fly.

Unfortunately the poor dynamic range is down to modern mastering techniques.
Tons of compression and "brick walling" to make it sound "louder", whilst totally killing the dynamics of the intended mix.

It also doesn't help when many of the recent live releases have cruddy mixes to begin with.

This video is great at showing why modern mastering "techniques" suck...

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-08 00:26 by mikehat.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: August 8, 2019 12:21

Irix
barbabang

... TV-Broadcast was fine. This release suffers from modern mastering (but overall not to bad)

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 8, 2019 12:41

14 pages about this rather dull gig. The interesting ones were the early 97 concerts. Like the tour start in Chicago for instance.

Date: December 13, 2019 23:10

On Austrian/German/Swiss 3sat-TV: The Rolling Stones - Bridges to Bremen, 31-Dec-2019, 3:45-5:00 pm (75 mins) - [www.tvtv.de] - [www.3sat.de] .

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: December 14, 2019 14:24

Been to Bremen and the gig felt really good at that night.
But by now we've seen that show many times in Germany.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: December 14, 2019 14:25

CousinC
Been to Bremen and the gig felt really good at that night.
But by now we've seen that show many times in Germany.

Btw. what happened to Stoneage ?!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: December 16, 2019 21:55

I'm glad to get any show that is professional. They're better than the bootlegs.

I have no complaints except wanting more. So, here goes... Since we got some nice Chicago tracks, it would have been very nice to have from Chicago "The Last Time" and "Let It Bleed."

"The Last Time" was played much different than on No Security. "Let It Bleed" was different too. I think it had three guitars in Chicago (if I remember correctly).

Date: December 16, 2019 22:29

Let It Bleed from Chicago is included. Perhaps you meant that you wanted The Last Time rather than Let It Bleed?

Date: December 17, 2019 01:46

DandelionPowderman
Let It Bleed from Chicago is included. Perhaps you meant that you wanted The Last Time rather than Let It Bleed?

Thanks. I had an oversight.

Thanks for the good news!

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: December 17, 2019 02:10

All About You is killer on the bonus tracks.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 18, 2019 02:38

Of all tracks, they include RAAHP as a bonus track!!???

WHAT!!??

Horrible! They should've picked a better STEEL WHEELS song for the tour.

Date: December 18, 2019 12:49

GasLightStreet
Of all tracks, they include RAAHP as a bonus track!!???

WHAT!!??

Horrible! They should've picked a better STEEL WHEELS song for the tour.

What is RAAHP?

Posted by: BOW2007 ()
Date: December 18, 2019 12:59

Rock and a hard place

Date: December 31, 2019 12:40

Irix

On Austrian/German/Swiss 3sat-TV: The Rolling Stones - Bridges to Bremen, 31-Dec-2019, 3:45-5:00 pm (75 mins) - [www.tvtv.de] - [www.3sat.de] .

Bridges to Bremen - direct Video-Link from the 3sat-Mediathek (HD, 1.85 GB, only AT/DE/CH due to geo-blocking).

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 25, 2020 15:48

So I'm in the process of ripping all my CDs to an iPod again, and this one I actually bought thru Amazon, so I have the CDs and the automatic downloads that they send you when you buy music thru them. What's interesting I've noticed is that a lot of the songs on the digital version are actually longer than on the CD versions. Did anyone else notice this? Would it be different mixes, or maybe just longer fan chatter I wonder? Will have to play some back to back to compare I guess.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: September 25, 2020 16:56

VoodooLounge13
So I'm in the process of ripping all my CDs to an iPod again, and this one I actually bought thru Amazon, so I have the CDs and the automatic downloads that they send you when you buy music thru them. What's interesting I've noticed is that a lot of the songs on the digital version are actually longer than on the CD versions. Did anyone else notice this? Would it be different mixes, or maybe just longer fan chatter I wonder? Will have to play some back to back to compare I guess.

I guess only cut offs of audience between songs.

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: June 16, 2022 12:30

Got it yesterday for only €10 and watched it in full.
I knew excerpts from the TV broadcast at the time, the full concert is a pleasure to watch.
Nice setlist, band full of energy, Keith in great shape, only Ronnie is obviously under the influence of alcohol.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 16, 2022 12:32

bernard90mike
I knew excerpts from the TV broadcast at the time, the full concert is a pleasure to watch.
Nice setlist, band full of energy, Keith in great shape, only Ronnie is obviously under the influence of alcohol.

It's a different concert than the TV Broadcast. Great concert with funny mistakes.

Date: June 16, 2022 12:34

hockenheim95
bernard90mike

It's a different concert than the TV Broadcast. Great concert with funny mistakes.

How is it different? More songs?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 14 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home