Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15
Re: New dvd release: Bridges To Bremen
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 22, 2019 23:41

philrock90

Thanks for the help and one last question where can i buy the digital video of the japan voodoo lounge show?

Probably nowhere since it was a Japanese release only on DVD/BR (+2CD). It's not in the Japanese iTunes-Store. To get the Digital Video buy the DVD/BR and rip it.

To your iTunes-question: yes, you can download it and put the files onto an external HD (or similar Media) but due to the Digital Rights Management you can play the Videos only on your own Apple-devices.
The Audio-files are DRM-free since some years (but maybe watermarked) and can be played also on devices from other vendors which support the AAC-format.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-22 23:50 by Irix.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: June 23, 2019 00:34

Who directed this? It cuts from shot to shot every two seconds so far - just started Flip The Switch. Irritating in the extreme.

Mick’s vocals on Satisfaction are a parody of a poor Mick Jagger impression.

On a positive note, the band is playing well.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 23, 2019 00:59

Interesting how the setlist is the same yet this show is so different from St Louis 1997. The band is more loose and plays with a bit more aggression. Also this mix highlights Ronnie much more than the St. Louis PPV where Ronnie was almost buried in songs like Satisfaction. In this release you can hear Ronnie's guitar work loud and clear on those songs which is nice. Overall the St. Louis mix was more pleasant on the ears though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-23 01:00 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 23, 2019 01:07

TheBlockbuster
Interesting how the setlist is the same yet this show is so different from St Louis 1997. The band is more loose and plays with a bit more aggression. Also this mix highlights Ronnie much more than the St. Louis PPV where Ronnie was almost buried in songs like Satisfaction. In this release you can hear Ronnie's guitar work loud and clear on those songs which is nice. Overall the St. Louis mix was more pleasant on the ears though.
100% agree. I honestly think this is one of their best post-1989 performances. They play really rough and loose, not the "vegas-stones" that people sometimes complain about. This concert was rock'n'roll. And yeah, the mix is really midrangy and kinda compressed sounding and I also think Micks vocals could have been mixed a bit less upfront. But at least the guitars are loud this time. Still the mix is listenable and not so bad that it ruins the release for me (which was the case with VL Uncut for me). So it could have been worse and at least that's something good

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-23 01:08 by StonedRambler.

Date: June 23, 2019 05:20

TheBlockbuster

what was the show the band released on dvd in the late 90's?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 23, 2019 06:09

keefriffhard4life
TheBlockbuster

St Louis.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 23, 2019 10:36

TheBlockbuster

I had never noticed Ronnie’s sliding lick on Satisfaction before. I have Bremen on DVD somewhere, but this mix is far superior. I do love it when you’re able to pick out little details that you couldn’t before.

Date: June 23, 2019 17:23

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
TheBlockbuster

St Louis.

ok then is st Louis and bremen the same setlist? I have both releases and the setlists aren't the same to me. isn't that what the OP is saying, that the show on the 90's dvd and the brand new release Bremen are the same setlist or am I reading something wrong?
bremen has
memory motel
anybody seen my baby
paint it black
thief in the night
you got me rockin

the late 90's dvd has
wild horses
waiting on a friend

I know not much but those songs can make a difference . unless you are talking about the full st Louis show since the dvd is missing
anybody seen my baby
corinna
all about you

still though the setlists are pretty different when you take into guests coming out too.

Problems with new blu ray??
Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: June 23, 2019 04:14

Did anyone else have trouble with the new Bridges Blu Ray? It won't play on my blue ray player. Any suggestions?

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Re: Problems with new blu ray??
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: June 23, 2019 06:53

Region Code A B or C or 0 for the world code

Re: Problems with new blu ray??
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 23, 2019 13:25

mickjagger1009

It won't play on my blue ray player. Any suggestions?

The Bremen-BR uses a newer version of the AACS Copy-Protection. You have to update the Firmware of your BluRay-Player.

It seems also that the BluRay uses the HDCP protection - your playback-chain (Player, Display, etc) must support this feature.

With PowerDVD I get the message that the BluRay cannot be played via Analogue Outputs (VGA, Composite Video, etc). But DVI/HDMI works.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-23 15:55 by Irix.

Date: June 23, 2019 22:19

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
TheBlockbuster

St Louis.

ok then is st Louis and bremen the same setlist? I have both releases and the setlists aren't the same to me. isn't that what the OP is saying, that the show on the 90's dvd and the brand new release Bremen are the same setlist or am I reading something wrong?
bremen has
memory motel
anybody seen my baby
paint it black
thief in the night
you got me rockin

the late 90's dvd has
wild horses
waiting on a friend

I know not much but those songs can make a difference . unless you are talking about the full st Louis show since the dvd is missing
anybody seen my baby
corinna
all about you

still though the setlists are pretty different when you take into guests coming out too.

Oh. The 1997 DVD was not the entire show so... I don't know.

Set lists...

1997:
Satisfaction/Let’s Spend The Night Together/Flip The Switch/Gimme Shelter/
Wild Horses/Anybody Seen My Baby?/Saint Of Me/Corrina Corrina/Out Of
Control/Waiting On A Friend/Miss You/Band introduction/All About You/
Wanna Hold You/It’s Only Rock’n Roll/The Last Time/Like A Rolling Stone/
Sympathy For The Devil/Tumbling Dice/Honky Tonk Women/Start Me Up/
Jumping Jack Flash/You Can’t Always Get What You Want/Brown Sugar

1998:
Anybody Seen My Baby?/Paint It Black/Saint Of Me/Out Of Control/
Memory Motel/Miss You/Band introduction/Thief In The Night/Wanna Hold
You/It’s Only Rock’n Roll/You Got Me Rocking/Like A Rolling Stone/

Basic same framework but 4 songs not played in 1997 with 4 different songs played in 1998.

Date: June 23, 2019 22:27

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
TheBlockbuster

St Louis.

bremen has
memory motel
anybody seen my baby
paint it black
thief in the night
you got me rockin

the late 90's dvd has
wild horses
waiting on a friend

anybody seen my baby
corinna
all about you

Set lists...

1997:

1998:

Basic same framework but 4 songs not played in 1997 with 4 different songs played in 1998.

yup they changed 4 songs, you did miss its a 5th song on the 1997 show as keith plays different tunes but between the guests and the placement of ballads I think that's why the OP is hearing more aggression. bringing on the guests and having more mid tempo and ballad numbers placed together I think is why the 1997 show has a different flow. the first true ballad on the 1997 show is the 5th song. on the 1998 show its the 9th song

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-23 22:31 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: June 23, 2019 22:41

Oh crap. You're right! I kept looking thinking I missed something but gave up!

Date: June 23, 2019 22:53

GasLightStreet
Oh crap. You're right! I kept looking thinking I missed something but gave up!

the point of it all though is the 1997 show they have 4 rockers, then a ballad with a guest, then a somewhat funk tune, then a mid tempo rocker, then call out another guest, then a long song that has some slower moody quieter moments, then another ballad with a guest, then miss you which people seem to tire of live, then band intros, then a slow keith tune, plus after keiths set they walk to bridge.

the 1998 show flows nothing like that and gives the band a chance to get going before finally getting to memory motel which is a ballad and a rarity

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 24, 2019 03:30

Wonder if Mick was being sarcastic when he seemed to say he regretted Dave Mathews not being there for Memory Motel.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 24, 2019 08:01

What a relief there is no Dave Matthews. I feel mentally scarred. Every time I hear this song I expect to hear him bust in, regardless which version.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 24, 2019 10:52

NilsHolgersson
Were they messing up It's Only Rock 'n Roll?

I've only listened once, but yeah, there's a moment where the wheels could have dropped off

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: June 24, 2019 10:57

midimannz
NilsHolgersson

I've only listened once, but yeah, there's a moment where the wheels could have dropped off

I think it makes it more unique when they leave the mistakes in lol

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 24, 2019 18:26

Anybody seen my baby
video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-24 18:27 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: June 24, 2019 23:41

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
TheBlockbuster

St Louis.

bremen has
memory motel
anybody seen my baby
paint it black
thief in the night
you got me rockin

the late 90's dvd has
wild horses
waiting on a friend

anybody seen my baby
corinna
all about you

Set lists...

1997:

1998:

You forgot all about you

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 24, 2019 23:44

philrock90
midimannz
NilsHolgersson

I've watched the video and it seems like Ronnie almost punched Mick in the face accidentally during IORR

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 24, 2019 23:48

frankotero
What a relief there is no Dave Matthews. I feel mentally scarred. Every time I hear this song I expect to hear him bust in, regardless which version.

I recommend yoga sessions while playing Track Four of BLACK AND BLUE on Auto Repeat. Anyone suggesting you watch "Miss You" on the TORONTO ROCKS DVD does not wish to help you recover! Beware!

Date: June 25, 2019 05:09

The overall performance of Satisfaction on the 97-98 tours was the closest the Stones ever got to the excellent versions from 69-71.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 25, 2019 07:06

Haha, perfect Rocky Dijon. I forgot about the Timberlake debacle. Yikes!

Date: June 25, 2019 23:07

NilsHolgersson
philrock90
midimannz
NilsHolgersson

I've watched the video and it seems like Ronnie almost punched Mick in the face accidentally during IORR

That little pause is killer! HA HA HA HA! I love it! Some great playing from Keith in that chill out bit.

5:17!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 25, 2019 23:32

GasLightStreet
The overall performance of Satisfaction on the 97-98 tours was the closest the Stones ever got to the excellent versions from 69-71.

Totally agree!

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: June 26, 2019 23:18

Does anyone have the audio of the chicago bonus on the dvd and blu ray in japan

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: June 27, 2019 00:04

I'm looking forward too

Posted by: stickytom ()
Date: June 27, 2019 01:14

Great Release after the disappointing Voodo Loung Uncut release, very good Picture quality on the BR, mostly sharp and clear for this 1998 TV Broadcast, better as on the Vault San Jose release. Soundquality is also ok, not perfect, a little bit flat Bass, could be someting more powerful, hear “Out of Control”, but all in all is this Concert for me one of the best Archive releases! Nice also the Bonus Tracks fom the “cold windy” Touropening in Chicago, specielly Let it Bleed from the small Stage ..... wich is missing on my old Boot DVD

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1386
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home