Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 15
Re: BRIDGES TO BREMEN
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 6, 2019 11:25

TooTough

I always wanted to know if there´s Bridges To Babylon font.

Looks like it's an exclusive (custom-made) Font, the same like the Voodoo-Lounge-Font. I'm interested in Graphics & Typography, but I've never seen both Fonts officially available anywhere. I remember that I've put together in 1998 the word 'BREMEN' from the single characters of 'Bridges To Babylon' for the VHS-Label of my Sat.1-Recording. For the missing 'M' I had split and re-combined the 'N'.

Re: New dvd release: Bridges To Bremen
Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: April 6, 2019 12:10

there is a version of 3 transparent vinyl only for fnac de france

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 6, 2019 12:53

Always liked the VL and B2B fonts. I made my own using Photoshop. Unfortunately they're jpeg files. Would be cool to have them as ttf.

Date: April 6, 2019 13:25

frankotero

Always liked the VL and B2B fonts. I made my own using Photoshop. Unfortunately they're jpeg files. Would be cool to have them as ttf.

There're since many years Graphics-Tools which can do that. For instance: convert the bitmap into a vector graphic with Adobe Streamline, CorelTrace (from CorelDraw) or Inkscape and then import the vectorized graphic into a font-creating program. Just google after: "convert bitmap into ttf" , "create font from image" or similar.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 6, 2019 14:41

Irix
TooTough

Looks like it's an exclusive (custom-made) Font, the same like the Voodoo-Lounge-Font. I'm interested in Graphics & Typography, but I've never seen both Fonts available anywhere. I remember that I've put together in 1998 the word 'BREMEN' from the single characters of 'Bridges To Babylon' for the VHS-Label of my Sat.1-Recording. For the missing 'M' I had split and re-combined the 'N'.

Thanks, Irix!

"Keilschrift" means cuneiform in English,
but there´s no font matching the BtB style.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: April 6, 2019 16:48

Irix
TooTough

Looks like it's an exclusive (custom-made) Font, the same like the Voodoo-Lounge-Font. I'm interested in Graphics & Typography, but I've never seen both Fonts available anywhere. I remember that I've put together in 1998 the word 'BREMEN' from the single characters of 'Bridges To Babylon' for the VHS-Label of my Sat.1-Recording. For the missing 'M' I had split and re-combined the 'N'.

The Voodoo Lounge font is not that rare if I remember correctly. At least I used to have a very similar font (and I'm no expert).

Date: April 6, 2019 17:25

GivenToFly15

The Voodoo Lounge font is not that rare if I remember correctly. At least I used to have a very similar font (and I'm no expert).

But nothing to find with Google and: +voodoo +lounge +font or: "voodoo lounge" +font ....

Date: April 6, 2019 17:40

TooTough

"Keilschrift" means cuneiform in English, but there´s no font matching the BtB style.

Regarding the 'Bridges To Babylon'-Font you could try to contact Stefan Sagmeister (an Austrian from Bregenz) - he was the Art Director of 'Bridges To Babylon'.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 6, 2019 18:01

Irix
GivenToFly15

But nothing to find with Google and: +voodoo +lounge +font or: "voodoo lounge" +font ....

Try Googling "font finder" you should be given several options where you can upload a jpg of the font you want and the site will then try to match it. It doesn't always work but you can sometimes find a similar font.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 6, 2019 18:30

lrix, thanks for the tip on transforming file programs.

Date: April 6, 2019 18:40

Deltics

Try Googling "font finder" you should be given several options where you can upload a jpg of the font you want and the site will then try to match it. It doesn't always work but you can sometimes find a similar font.

Someone already tried that a while ago: [iorr.org] - unfortunately w/o success ....

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: April 6, 2019 22:22

mick64
there is a version of 3 transparent vinyl only for fnac de france

HMV also has a so-called « exclusive » clear vinyl edition... guess it’s not that exclusive.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: April 7, 2019 00:41

The trailer sounds quite good. The reverb of the original broadcast (listen to the intro of Satisfaction) seems gone.

Can’t wait to see my second ever gig on the big screen in perfect quality!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 7, 2019 13:15

Maindefender
bleedingman
Strange, Amazon US has the Blu-ray, 2 CD listed as "audio CD" but the number of discs as 3. My order confirmation does say "2CD/Blu-Ray". Great price at $20.00. We shall see.

Same here. Pretty sure the last release was similar set-up(3 discs). Good price, and the youtube snippet sounds like better guitar sound than the last two...

Price now listed at $29.98, $10.00 savings...smiling bouncing smiley

Date: April 7, 2019 17:39

PLEASE don’t hide Keith’s guitar. Example is Flip The Switch, some great guitar playing there...My vinyl gang boot is wonderful, band is on fire.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: April 8, 2019 10:59

I wonder why this isint a part of the from the vault series.
And will the st louis show be released in full at some point

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-08 11:00 by rebelhipi.

Date: April 8, 2019 11:06

as great as many of the '97-'99 shows/boots are; esp. the B2B shows - Ron Wood's guitar was a no-show on those tours.

if the Stones are still involved in these official boot releases, please look at Europe '70, and the best Stones live ever Far East '73.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: April 8, 2019 13:03

rebelhipi
I wonder why this isint a part of the from the vault series.
And will the st louis show be released in full at some point

Yes thats the question. I don't get it why they haven't released St.Louis97 first, like they did with the 95 duo Miami/Tokyo.

Well, we will see.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 8, 2019 14:54

We already have St Louis in great DVD quality with a great sound mix. Don't understand why people feel this needs to be released again as it will only be SD quality anyway, so no big difference to the original broadcast.

Date: April 8, 2019 15:20

StonedRambler

We already have St Louis in great DVD quality with a great sound mix. Don't understand why people feel this needs to be released again as it will only be SD quality anyway, so no big difference to the original broadcast.

4 songs are missing in the official release (1998): Bridges to Babylon Tour 97–98 .

Original Setlist (23 Tracks): [iorr.org] .

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: April 8, 2019 20:43

Meh...I'm going to skip this one...I'm perfectly happy with the No Security release...it has a lot of the same songs minus the warhorses (and I'm fine with Dave Matthews on Memory Motel, I must be the only one here that doesn't mind him!)

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 8, 2019 20:59

Yeah,im skipping it too.
Jeroen

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 8, 2019 21:33

The selection seems odd. I have never been a fan of St. Louis '97. Too many ballads and Dave Matthews. But, I will say that show is a better representation of the BTB tour than this one is. Bremen has too many war horses. Besides the BTB songs, Memory Motel is the only "deep cut" on this set. Chicago would have been cool with: 19th Nervous Breakdown, Ruby Tuesday, Little Queenie, Let it Bleed, The Last Time, and Rock & Hard Place. Under my Thumb was the song vote selection which isn't very deep but She's a Rainbow was played on night 2 and could have been the bonus track. That being said, I will still buy this release just for the BTB tracks. So far the only release I haven't bought is the Marquee Club show release. Already have all those songs and the set was very short.

Date: April 8, 2019 21:52

No Security:

"Intro" – 0:50
"You Got Me Rocking" – 3:26 (Amsterdam Arena, 6 July 1998)
"Gimme Shelter" – 6:22 (MTV 10 Spot 25 October 1997)
"Flip the Switch" – 4:12 (Amsterdam Arena, 1 July 1998)
"Memory Motel" – 6:05 (Amsterdam Arena, 5 July 1998)
"Corrina" (Taj Mahal/Jesse Ed Davis) – 4:17 (TWA Dome, St-Louis, MO, 12 December 1997)
"Saint of Me" – 5:25 (River Plate Stadium Buenos Aires, 4 April 1998)
"Waiting on a Friend" – 5:02 (TWA Dome, St-Louis, MO, 12 December 1997)
"Sister Morphine" (Jagger/Richards/Marianne Faithfull) – 6:16 (Amsterdam Arena, 6 July 1998)
"Live with Me" – 3:54 (Amsterdam Arena, 1 July 1998)
"Respectable" – 3:35 (Amsterdam Arena, 5 July 1998)
"Thief in the Night" (Jagger/Richards/Pierre de Beauport) – 5:37 (Zeppelinfeld Nuremberg 13 June 1998)
"The Last Time" – 4:47 (TWA Dome, St-Louis, MO, 12 December 1997)
"Out of Control" – 7:59 (River Plate Stadium Buenos Aires, 4 April 1998)
Japanese edition bonus track
"I Just Want to Make Love to You" (Willie Dixon) – 5:19 (Amsterdam Arena 1 July 1998)

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: April 9, 2019 04:04

I am seriously looking forward to this.
Thief,Memory Hotel, Anybody Seen My Baby, Flip The Switch. Sign me up! Those are all favourites of mine and i consider them as live rarities

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 10, 2019 14:55

Stoneage
treaclefingers
JMARCOU
Is the vinyl color black ?

I don't think technically black is a colour...but rather the absence of all colour...or something.

Black is a colour that lacks chromaticness.

totally lacks colour too.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: April 11, 2019 11:31

StonedRambler

it`s not that we feel the need, but we know that universal announced a rerelease.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 11, 2019 13:16

Dice76 wrote: "That being said, I will still buy this release just for the BTB tracks. So far the only release I haven't bought is the Marquee Club show release. Already have all those songs and the set was very short."

The same as me!smileys with beer I bought them all but the Marquee. Bremen I deffo gonna get, if only just for Memory Motel. I got it on VHS and I remember it fondly, much better than the Chorzow gig as Bremen felt more loose. It'd be quite interesting if they could release an autumn show from 2005 or 2006 (Giants Stadium 2006 would be Amazing!).

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: April 11, 2019 14:57

I'm confident StL complete will be released, as well as Atlantic City 89 and others. The Stones have been very generous in getting these out. But they obviously aren't going to release everything at once. My pocket book thanks them plus its exciting looking forward to the next release

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 11, 2019 15:41

MadMax
Dice76 wrote: "That being said, I will still buy this release just for the BTB tracks. So far the only release I haven't bought is the Marquee Club show release. Already have all those songs and the set was very short."

The same as me!smileys with beer I bought them all but the Marquee. Bremen I deffo gonna get, if only just for Memory Motel. I got it on VHS and I remember it fondly, much better than the Chorzow gig as Bremen felt more loose. It'd be quite interesting if they could release an autumn show from 2005 or 2006 (Giants Stadium 2006 would be Amazing!).

Same here, especially for memory motel.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home