Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Psychedelic Furs - Live
Date: March 7, 2019 22:54

I have always liked the Furs but have never seen them live. They are at a small place in Kansas City the first part of May and was considering going.

Anyone in here like them or ever seen them live?

If so ...are they good to see live?

Re: OT: Psychedelic Furs - Live
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 7, 2019 23:01

jumpontopofmebaby
I have always liked the Furs but have never seen them live. They are at a small place in Kansas City the first part of May and was considering going.

Anyone in here like them or ever seen them live?

If so ...are they good to see live?

One of my favorites, they put on a great show w/ great songs. Richard Butler is a pretty good showman and has a fantastic voice. They have great sax solos too.

I've seen them live many times, including back in the 80s when they used to play college gymnasiums, and then when they reunited around the late 90s, and I've seen them most every time they are in my area the past several years. You won't be disappointed!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 8, 2019 10:43

I saw them several times in the mid 80’s and then as recent as two years ago.
All the shows were good. In fact one of the mid 80’s shows was in Kansas city
with “Talk Talk Talk”. I was living in Lincoln Nebraska at the time. Anyway if you like their music then you will enjoy their live show. You should go.

Date: March 8, 2019 22:13

I am in...it is a very small place. They have a balcony with its own bar and own restroom's they only sell 50 tickets for it. SO I did that. Should have a great view. Ready for this one!

Date: March 8, 2019 23:13

Sounds like fun. Have a good time!

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 9, 2019 00:37

A very underrated band. One of the best of the 80s. And my favourite.
Without Jon Ashton, and with no new material since 1991, i lost interest.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 9, 2019 02:09

jumpontopofmebaby
I am in...it is a very small place. They have a balcony with its own bar and own restroom's they only sell 50 tickets for it. SO I did that. Should have a great view. Ready for this one!

Things will be busy here but if you remember, please post your comments. I missed the Salt Lake City show last summer and regret it. The Fixx opened.

Date: March 9, 2019 03:21

KeithNacho

Yes,I agree one of the best coming out of the 80’s. Not sure why there has been no material for so long. I guess I have my suspicions...and now doubtful any
recording company would take a chance on them after 28 years.

Date: March 9, 2019 06:07

swimtothemoon
KeithNacho

Yes,I agree one of the best coming out of the 80’s. Not sure why there has been no material for so long. I guess I have my suspicions...and now doubtful any
recording company would take a chance on them after 28 years.

I loved this band from album #1! There is actually some material, even if just related, since '91. Richard Butler formed another band, Love Spit Love and they had 2 fantastic albums in the 90s. In 2006 he did a solo album with some collaboration with John Fortus. And there was a fantastic Live CD/DVD with some new material on it.

In addition, I saw on the Furs forum page, burneddowndays, that there is an album of new material planned for 2019, produced by John Fortus. I can't wait to hear it!

BTW, in addition to seeing the Furs live many times, I also saw Love Spit Love twice, and that was a great experience as well!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-09 06:09 by LeonidP.

Date: March 9, 2019 12:18

Love spit Love second album is great too

Date: March 9, 2019 12:20

Why did John Ashton left the Band?? What has become of him?

Posted by: Room1009 ()
Date: March 9, 2019 14:37

Great band, saw them live in London last year. Fantastic show, lots of energy. I'm a big fan of the album Midnight To Midnight, especially the track "Shock". But they don't play that so much. Will be great to see them in such a small venue. Enjoy!

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 9, 2019 15:43

Saw them when i was very young..1982,1983,1984....Great Live Band....Would like to see them again....But,they have would to come to Prague....Go,Go,Go...Mr.Butler is a great Front man....

Date: March 9, 2019 18:15

Man. Glad I asked and glad I am going! I still listen to them a lot depending on my mood. Almost every time I am listening to music out on my deck at night they get played!

Date: March 10, 2019 00:15

Room1009
Great band, saw them live in London last year. Fantastic show, lots of energy. I'm a big fan of the album Midnight To Midnight, especially the track "Shock". But they don't play that so much. Will be great to see them in such a small venue. Enjoy!

I never liked that album much, nor Mirror Moves. To me, that is when the Furs went downhill, I compare it to the Stones era of Dirty Work / Steel Wheels. I did think they rebounded well with the next 2 albums, Book of Days and World Outside, and of course, as mentioned previously, the Love Spit Love albums are great!

Date: March 10, 2019 01:10

LeonidP
Room1009

I never liked that album much, nor Mirror Moves. To me, that is when the Furs went downhill, I compare it to the Stones era of Dirty Work / Steel Wheels. I did think they rebounded well with the next 2 albums, Book of Days and World Outside, and of course, as mentioned previously, the Love Spit Love albums are great!

Thanks for the tip, I will have to check out the Love Pit Love albums.

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: March 10, 2019 05:51

Saw them late lasr year in a theater in New Jersey. BUTLER IS IN GREAT SHAPE and as mentioned hes a stellar front man. The guitar player in their touring band looks like an early 70's Keith.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: March 10, 2019 06:49

Ever notice that the chorus of I Go Wild is the same musical structure as Heartbreak Beat?

Date: March 10, 2019 15:25

KeithNacho

I had no clue at all the band has had no new studio albums in 28 years. do the members of the band release material in other projects though?

Date: June 9, 2019 23:57

swimtothemoon
LeonidP
Room1009

Thanks for the tip, I will have to check out the Love Pit Love albums.

Did you ever check out Love Spit Love? Anyway, cool to know, they are releasing an album of new material sometime soon, produced by Richard Fortus, of Guns 'N Roses fame (he also contributed to Love Spite Love).

Richard Fortus producing the next album for The Psychedelic Furs

Date: February 10, 2020 07:47

New Psychedelic Furs album is now officially announced!

Album will be out May 1.

New single, Don't Believe, has been released!

Psychedelic Furs - Don't Believe

Date: February 10, 2020 14:57

LeonidP
New Psychedelic Furs album is now officially announced!

Album will be out May 1.

New single, Don't Believe, has been released!

Psychedelic Furs - Don't Believe

thank you. I was about to reply that they do have a new album due this year

Date: February 13, 2020 22:28

saw them last year and would go again. hopefully they come back around

Date: August 4, 2020 21:10

New Furs album is out, and it's pretty damn good!

[url=

][/url]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-04 21:10 by LeonidP.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home