Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10
Re: Ron Wood
Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: March 11, 2019 00:50

Mick has always been fantastic on his solos. It’s his riffs (or lack of) where he gets lost. But he’s a sweet guy and I hope the best for him.

keithsman
z
Am I the only one who think Taylor wasn't very good on 50 & counting/14 on fire? I guess joining in for a song or two in the middle of a show is not so easy, but most of his solos sounded too technical and uninspired imo. He played with no feel.

Yeah it's just you winking smiley

We are not worthy, this is good, no ? crowd seem to think so
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 11, 2019 00:56

keithsman
OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

Rolling Stones with Mick Taylor MIDNIGHT RAMBLER Prudential Center, Newark, NJ Dec. 13, 2012

I think this may be better than 02 Arena - Taylor's guitar is up front and center
and if you listen to those guitar licks and guitar phrases that's the big difference between Taylor and Ron and Keith. Ron and Keith can not play blues like that, they play the stones blues which is a good thing, and that's what Taylor brings to the band and enriches the guitar sound.

I've never seen this before, thank you OpenG, OMG that just blew me away, incredible Taylor, the band reach new heights again with him, it's like nothing changes when he's up there, the Stones just rock so much more convincingly.
It takes a lot of bottle to come straight out of rehab and play like that with such confidence, he must have exorcised some demons on those 50 and counting shows, just so sad that he allegedly could be playing with them again but someone blew it for him.

thumbs up

The three guitar scenario worked unbelievably great as seen here - sadly we may never be able to witness that again for whatever reasons.................

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: March 12, 2019 21:56

potus43
Mathijs
mpj200
A bit of truth in some of the last comments. I don’t think MT could tour even if asked. He does have issues and has let himself get involved with an unfortunate person. I do not think he even has procession of his own cell phone now, much less his passport.

To add -this person ruined Taylor's chances of getting involved with the Stones ever again. Taylor was offered a permanent slot with the Stones after the 2014 tour, but negotiations with this person went so bad that the Stones management (read: Jagger) basically exiled Taylor from anything to do with the Stones, including any involvement with the Exhibitionism event.

Mathijs
Then what is?

This is not true

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 12, 2019 23:05

potus43
Mathijs
mpj200
A bit of truth in some of the last comments. I don’t think MT could tour even if asked. He does have issues and has let himself get involved with an unfortunate person. I do not think he even has procession of his own cell phone now, much less his passport.

To add -this person ruined Taylor's chances of getting involved with the Stones ever again. Taylor was offered a permanent slot with the Stones after the 2014 tour, but negotiations with this person went so bad that the Stones management (read: Jagger) basically exiled Taylor from anything to do with the Stones, including any involvement with the Exhibitionism event.

Mathijs

This is not true

Now this is extremely good news and also reassuring for the future.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 12, 2019 23:24

Come on ……………...let's talk about Ronnie on this thread.

I think he will be at Cheltenham one day this week, if his horse trainer Jessica Harrington has some runners there.

Probably Gold Cup day on Friday. thumbs up

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 13, 2019 15:07

potus43
Mathijs
mpj200

Mathijs

This is not true

Well, the complete story is much worse.

Mathijs

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: March 13, 2019 16:39

mpj200
Mick has always been fantastic on his solos. It’s his riffs (or lack of) where he gets lost. But he’s a sweet guy and I hope the best for him.

keithsman
z
Am I the only one who think Taylor wasn't very good on 50 & counting/14 on fire? I guess joining in for a song or two in the middle of a show is not so easy, but most of his solos sounded too technical and uninspired imo. He played with no feel.

Yeah it's just you winking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

I realize this is a Wood thread, but I like Taylor’s riffs on the live versions of Jumpin Jack Flash and Satisfaction. He adds a riff during the verse of Gimme Shelter that is pretty damn good too. Also Beast or Burden ‘81. I’ll probably come up with more if I keep thinking about it haha. He adds some cool riffs on Dancing With Mr. D. All live though. He probably wasn’t allowed to riff in the studio, the Riffmeister wouldn’t let him.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 13, 2019 17:01

Quite oddly, the more we compare Taylor with Wood, the more I appreciate Wood's greatness!

C

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: March 13, 2019 17:24

n Wood new
Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: March 13, 2019 16:39

mpj200

keithsman
z

Yeah it's just you

[www.youtube.com]

I realize this is a Wood thread, but I like Taylor’s riffs on the live versions of Jumpin Jack Flash and Satisfaction. He adds a riff during the verse of Gimme Shelter that is pretty damn good too. Also Beast or Burden ‘81. I’ll probably come up with more if I keep thinking about it haha. He adds some cool riffs on Dancing With Mr. D. All live though. He probably wasn’t allowed to riff in the studio, the Riffmeister wouldn’t let him.

On YCAGWYW - not only his is live solo amazing but his octave riff over the chorus is amazing - you can say he enriched most of the studio songs that were
played live during the golden period.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 13, 2019 23:19

Who is "this person" who ruins everything for Mick Taylor? And why? Or is it only "fake news"? Troll stuff?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 13, 2019 23:24

Stoneage
Who is "this person" who ruins everything for Mick Taylor? And why? Or is it only "fake news"? Troll stuff?

His bird.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 13, 2019 23:35

Thanks, HM. I'll take you at your word.

Date: March 15, 2019 07:18

Was listening to 'Missing Jewels" a 4 disc set from '75. Billy Preston sure trampled on a few Stones cuts winking smiley. Ronnie Wood is awesome on that tour. The 6/15 Buffalo is odd because it is one of the only times I have heard Jagger sound outright bored in a song ("@#$%&), but then "Gimmie Shelter" starts. Not too well because Billy Preston decides to take the intro melody and go lounge with it. Once the song gets going, Ronnie unleashes one of the best solos I have ever heard him play. Sounds like he is riding his Zemaitis. You can tell that Jagger knows what is going on because he lets it go and on and on. You can almost see Ronnie's eyes darting over to check with Keith, then with Mick; "do I keep climbing?" Just incredible solo.

Date: March 22, 2019 13:53

I have decided that Ronnie Wood is really one of the best truest rockers left standing today. Has been all along.
He has had an amazing life story; played with literally everybody and everywhere. Is a much better guitarist than he gets credit for. And IMO is a pretty good freakin singer. To me he reminds me of Hendrix as a singer. The singing is very much an extension of the look, the guitar, the personality. It's rough and bluesy, and always right in the mix.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 22, 2019 15:42

Please do NOT hijack this thread into another Mick Taylor vs Ronnie Wood discussion.

This thread is simply titled "Ron Wood". It should not be that hard to stick with the subject. Also, there is already another Mick Taylor thread here.

Bjornulf

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: March 22, 2019 17:08

okay, all things will be Ron Wood contributions - but the first post of this 10 page thread mentioned Mick Taylor .

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home