Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: RSD
Posted by: GJV ()
Date: March 1, 2019 22:48

johnnythunders
Just noticed that Buried Alive by the New Barbarians gets a vinyl release (3 x 12" vinyl)

There's already an official LP boxset Burried alive release for years. I bought this years ago on the English Amazon and it's still available.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-01 22:50 by GJV.

Re: Record Store Day
Posted by: hulloder ()
Date: March 16, 2019 20:02

johnnythunders
Download the full list - 19 pages - of Record Store day releases here [files.constantcontact.com]

Stones content I noticed:

Rolling Stones, The Through The Past, Darkly (Big
Hits Vol.2)
UMC 1LP

Rolling Stones, The High Tide Green Grass (Big Hits
Vol. 1)
UMC/Polydor UK 1LP

Any info about this LP, apart orange and green vinyl?

Date: April 13, 2019 15:28

Today I went to my local recordshop and bought the Stones Lp's Through the Past, Darkly Big Hits 1 and High Tide Green Grass Big Hits 2 and the vinyl singel She's a rainbow (2x). Didn't see the New Barbarians LP, but the box I already have is more beautiful than the new gatefold version.

Posted by: rara ()
Date: April 14, 2019 01:50

anyone else got the 'Early Tracks' RSD exclusive LP? They were handing them out for free at my record store.

Re: UK Big Hits Vol. 1 & 2 for Record Store Day 2019
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 14, 2019 01:54

Where's Rare Tracks from rara……… UK or US ..??????

ROCKMAN

Date: April 14, 2019 01:58

Rockman
Where's Rare Tracks from rara……… UK or US ..??????

seems to be Canada only as I've learned

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 14, 2019 01:59

Okay … thanks man …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 14, 2019 03:29

FYI there are two versions of THROUGH THE PAST, DARKLY: Mono or Stereo. There's an indicator on the back cover.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2019 04:47

Pulled around the corner to my local record store today at around 9:50 AM, and couldn't believe the number of people waiting in line for the 10:00 opening!
Times have changed since I could get there well after opening, and still find everything I wanted. Now it was if everyone and their Grandmother wanted to get in the store.
To the back of the line of around 200 people, had my fingers crossed there would still be the Dylan Blood on the Tracks 'Test Pressing' vinyl by the time I entered. The wait went very quick, and anticipation was high.

Finally made it in was asked by a store clerk if there was anything specific I was looking for - he then asked another employee across the room who I could see shaking his head 'no', but then immediately said 'wait there's one more copy'!!! Success! Grabbed the very last copy my store had which is not a big deal really to most people, but I felt as if I just won the lottery!!! Smiled at the store clerk, and he said "yes I know the feeling".smiling smiley

Also, couldn't resist and bought the 10" vinyl of She's a Rainbow and it already looks great on the shelf unsealed where it will probably remain.

Bought a a couple of other cool lp's (Charlatans UK's Us and Us Only, and Spaceman 3 Live 1989) along with a bunch of free stuff including a nice Beatles Yellow Submarine theatrical release 50th anniversary poster,
but had to resist buying Through the Past, Darkly and High Tide & Green Grass. They had plenty of copies of each, and temptation is now calling, so might scurry back down there this evening to see what's left.
Lot's of other 7" vinyls to ponder as well....

Date: April 14, 2019 05:47

Question: which version of "Time Is On My Side" was on UK BIG HITS? Organ intro or guitar?

Date: April 14, 2019 07:19

Ok confession: I have never listened to UK version before and I am baffled by inclusions of "You Better Move On" and "Sitting On *The* Fence" -- would not "Child Of The Moon", "Who's Driving Your Plane", or "Sad Day" made more sense given time frame of A-sides compiled?

Date: April 14, 2019 15:08

When I arrived at my local record store, 15 minutes before opening, there was only one person waiting and after me came another ten people at most, so I was lucky I suppose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-14 15:09 by GJV.

Posted by: ebalm ()
Date: April 14, 2019 22:36

So I picked up a copy of Big Hirs today and even though the sticker said it included the original 6 page booklet of photos, it was missing from my copy. I went back and checked the other copies, 11, in the store and none of them had them. Anyone else find it missing?

Date: April 14, 2019 23:11

ebalm
So I picked up a copy of Big Hirs today and even though the sticker said it included the original 6 page booklet of photos, it was missing from my copy. I went back and checked the other copies, 11, in the store and none of them had them. Anyone else find it missing?

a friend bought it and his definitely came with the booklet.

Edit: it's not an actual booklet attached to the inside of the cover, it's more like a poster/booklet thingy inside the front cover of the gatefold.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-14 23:16 by rara.

Posted by: ebalm ()
Date: April 14, 2019 23:37

Nope mine had nothing

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 15, 2019 00:23

I passed @ 45 bones for each... too pricey ...

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: April 15, 2019 02:01

Bob Dylan’s “ Blood on the Tracks” acetate was released on RSD, and from what I’m told, it was among a handful of titles that fans stood in line overnight for. Abkco, are you listening? Would anyone like to comment on what would be involved in releasing, for example the “Ya-ya’s” or “Let it Bleed” acetates.

Date: May 5, 2019 02:10

As someone who doesn't have the UK version of Big Hits, what about it makes it so special, this RSD version? Is the version of "Paint It Black" different from the version on the american Aftermath? If I had to get one of the two, it appears Big Hits has the more rare stuff on it.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 5, 2019 09:56

riffcliche69
Bob Dylan’s “ Blood on the Tracks” acetate was released on RSD, and from what I’m told, it was among a handful of titles that fans stood in line overnight for. Abkco, are you listening? Would anyone like to comment on what would be involved in releasing, for example the “Ya-ya’s” or “Let it Bleed” acetates.

Now that is a good idea!

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: May 5, 2019 18:36

riffcliche69

All fine and dandy, except for the fact that you can’t blame ABKCO.
As long as it’s involving unreleased material, the Stones have the final word and can veto every release. ABKCO would probably have released dozens of outtakes by now if they could, but it’s impossible if the band disagrees to release it.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: May 6, 2019 11:45

Big Hits 1 - Europe - loose booklet
Big Hits 1 - US - no booklet
Different stickers: azure - Europe
white - US

Those of us who have not found the booklet have a US copy. Or not?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 6, 2019 16:53

Glam Descendant
Ok confession: I have never listened to UK version before and I am baffled by inclusions of "You Better Move On" and "Sitting On *The* Fence" -- would not "Child Of The Moon", "Who's Driving Your Plane", or "Sad Day" made more sense given time frame of A-sides compiled?

Odd inclusions those two indeed. I guess the logic of having "Sitting On THE Fence" there was that it wasn't relaesed in UK market yet, so probably a few extra copies were sold by that. "You Better Move on" was the leading song (in terms of radio-play) of their first UK EP, so I guess that minor hit status had some sort of role. But it would have been more home in BIG HITS.

- Doxa

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: May 7, 2019 03:57

The other thing that makes no sense is that they left We Love You off of the U.S. version of Through The Past Darkly as it had 1 less song than the U.K. version. Even though the time periods were a little different for the U.K. and U.S. versions it still would have fit the time period for the U.S. version. I remember the Rolling Stone album review from back in the day complained that it was omitted from the U.S. version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-07 04:00 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 12, 2019 22:10

1963luca0
white - US

Forgot about this thread, but here's what I was able to buy on my second run to my local record store in Southern California on Record Store Day which was actually Record Store Night.

White sticker says:
- RSD Exclusive Limited Edition
- UK Edition of the Rolling Stones' 1966 Legendary Hits LP
- Includes 4 No. 1 Singles
- Featuring Original Artwork & 6 Page Photo Booklet
- 180 Gram Green Colored Vinyl

On the back it says Made in USA w/other copyright info. in fine print.
And it's MONO.
The vinyl itself is a pristine green - very nice.
And it does include a two sided tri-fold poster in the sleeve which I assume is the "booklet"?

Found this pic via google which is exactly what I have:

When you flip that poster/booklet over, there is an amazing pic of Brian alone on stage in the first square, a selection of band pics in the second square, and a closeup pic of Keith's face in the third similar to the Charlie pic above.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: Found this description on the Record Store Day website:

Event: RECORD STORE DAY 2019
Release Date: 4/13/2019
Format: LP
Label: ABKCO Music
Quantity: 7000
Release type: RSD Exclusive Release

UK Edition of The Rolling Stones 1966 legendary LP, which contains four #1 singles. Original ‘fisheye’ artwork restored for this edition,
including a 12x12 full-color photo insert. Pressed on 180g Green vinyl, limited edition to North America manufactured locally in the USA.

So not sure if the 12x12 full-color photo insert (which actually folds out to 12 x 36) is considered the booklet or not?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-12 22:23 by Hairball.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 12, 2019 22:38

Hairball
1963luca0
white - US

Forgot about this thread, but here's what I was able to buy on my second run to my local record store in Southern California on Record Store Day which was actually Record Store Night.

White sticker says:
- RSD Exclusive Limited Edition
- UK Edition of the Rolling Stones' 1966 Legendary Hits LP
- Includes 4 No. 1 Singles
- Featuring Original Artwork & 6 Page Photo Booklet
- 180 Gram Green Colored Vinyl

On the back it says Made in USA w/other copyright info. in fine print.
And it's MONO.
The vinyl itself is a pristine green - very nice.
And it does include a two sided tri-fold poster in the sleeve which I assume is the "booklet"?

Found this pic via google which is exactly what I have:

When you flip that poster/booklet over, there is an amazing pic of Brian alone on stage in the first square, a selection of band pics in the second square, and a closeup pic of Keith's face in the third similar to the Charlie pic above.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: Found this description on the Record Store Day website:

Event: RECORD STORE DAY 2019
Release Date: 4/13/2019
Format: LP
Label: ABKCO Music
Quantity: 7000
Release type: RSD Exclusive Release

UK Edition of The Rolling Stones 1966 legendary LP, which contains four #1 singles. Original ‘fisheye’ artwork restored for this edition,
including a 12x12 full-color photo insert. Pressed on 180g Green vinyl, limited edition to North America manufactured locally in the USA.

So not sure if the 12x12 full-color photo insert (which actually folds out to 12 x 36) is considered the booklet or not?

Looks exactly like the original UK edition.

[www.45worlds.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 10, 2021 09:29

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-11 23:25 by Honestman.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1416
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home