Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: New book "Stoned" by Jo Wood - Release date Sept. 2019
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 25, 2019 19:28

Stoneage
You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Jo got a very good (financial) divorce settlement.
She won't be doing the book for financial gain I wouldn't have thought.

Maybe she still likes the limelight, publicity or whatever.
Unlike Diane, Astrid, Mandy, Bianca,Shirley etc.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 20, 2019 18:30

Some pics and details (extracts ?) here [www.dailymail.co.uk]

I seem to remember the stories from her previous book, hehe ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 21, 2019 00:01

ROCKMAN

Date: October 21, 2019 00:30

Don't remember Jo being in the official video at all.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 21, 2019 02:43

She and Bill are the old farmer and wife watching Anita Morris flex her breasts on TV when the dam bursts and floods their home.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 21, 2019 02:56

Is the book already out? Oppinions?

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: October 21, 2019 15:36

Btw, Jo sings with Jerry Hall on ER’s Where The Boys Go.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: October 21, 2019 17:35

Rocky Dijon
She and Bill are the old farmer and wife watching Anita Morris flex her breasts on TV when the dam bursts and floods their home.

What a sentence!

Date: October 21, 2019 17:59

Blame Julien Temple!

Date: October 21, 2019 18:23

padre69
Btw, Jo sings with Jerry Hall on ER’s Where The Boys Go.

"The backup vocalists) were just little girls who live up the road. In New York... Central Park West... (T)hey had all the attitudes off, it was the notes they couldn't get. (Laughs)"

- Mick Jagger, 1980

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: October 21, 2019 22:15

Sorry if this link has already been posted.

Some great, candid shots here...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/articleJo-Wood

PS - I'm NOT a regular Daily Mail reader (just for the record)

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: October 22, 2019 00:33

On Track Talk it says the female singers are Jerry Hall and Jo Karslake. Can’t trust anything nowadays...

Date: October 22, 2019 03:17

It is. They're the little girls living in Central Park West with Mick and Ronnie at the time. I thought Lil was on it as well, but I may be mistaken.

Date: October 22, 2019 09:42

Rocky Dijon
It is. They're the little girls living in Central Park West with Mick and Ronnie at the time. I thought Lil was on it as well, but I may be mistaken.

I don't know where that rumour came from (Jo and Jerry), but the story has always been that they found some random young girls outside the studio, and brought them in for the recording.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 22, 2019 10:33

Random girls … maybe they were the ones that invented the Random computer

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 22, 2019 12:47

Latest info from the publisher:

STONED: Photographs & Treasures from Life with the Rolling Stones (Cassell)
by Jo Wood
Release date : November 5, 2019

Jo Wood’s career began as a fashion model in the 1970s. She met Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood at a party in 1977 and fell in love, marrying him in 1985 and remaining together until 2009. They’re still friends, and this new book is a unique insight into the rock 'n' roll history with over 500 never-before-seen photographs, notes, artworks, diary entries and mementoes from life behind the scenes of the Rolling Stones.

Married to the Stones’ legendary guitarist Ronnie for 30 years, Jo Wood lived the rock star life—from all-night parties, sell-out shows and recording sessions to relaxing with the band on holiday, at home and away from it all. Her incredible collection of treasures from this time is a once-in-a-lifetime look behind the scenes of the biggest band in the world, showing the real people underneath the rock star personas.

Accompanied by personal memories and behind the scenes anecdotes from Jo, STONED is a love letter to the rock ‘n’ roll life and a truly unique window into the eye of the Rolling Stones hurricane.

Bjornulf

Re: New book "Stoned" by Jo Wood - due out Nov 5. 2019
Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: October 22, 2019 14:31

Just pre-ordered it...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 22, 2019 15:01

Roll73

The link to the Daily Mail article is doing the rounds on Facebook this morning - so you don't have to be a DM reader to know about it. Of course, being a FB user might be even more disgraceful! Anyway, Daily Mail or not, there's quite a lot of stuff from the book there - looks worth investigating.

Date: October 22, 2019 15:16

Green Lady
Roll73

The link to the Daily Mail article is doing the rounds on Facebook this morning - so you don't have to be a DM reader to know about it. Of course, being a FB user might be even more disgraceful! Anyway, Daily Mail or not, there's quite a lot of stuff from the book there - looks worth investigating.

Yeah, I saw them on FB myself. Really great photos, and even better captions. It's tantalizing to hear Jo say she is sitting on thousands of them.
One very funny story IMO is always when Ron Wood or Jo talk about Keith, and his ever=presence in their marriage. Keith who was with them on their honey-moon; of course LOL. Keith who pretty much decided where they were going to live, what they were going to do, for many years. But it sounds like it was never with any rancor.

Date: October 22, 2019 16:39

doitywoik
Is the book already out? Oppinions?[/quote

31 October I believe.
Factual accuracy though maybe a problem, if she has forgotten about he role in the Where the boys go video. Still, lots of photos, it seems.

Date: October 22, 2019 16:40

DandelionPowderman
Rocky Dijon

I don't know where that rumour came from (Jo and Jerry), but the story has always been that they found some random young girls outside the studio, and brought them in for the recording.

The Jo and Jerry story is reported lots of places including Nico's site. I've heard the "we brought some local girls into the studio" story. That's the one I've never believed. It's hard to know without real proof either way I suppose. I suspect the McLean sisters who allegedly sing on "Neighbours" are likewise something of a joke. Some folks speculate "Where the Girls All Go" is simply sped-up multi-tracked Mick falsetto vocals.

Date: October 22, 2019 17:01

Rocky Dijon
DandelionPowderman
Rocky Dijon

The Jo and Jerry story is reported lots of places including Nico's site. I've heard the "we brought some local girls into the studio" story. That's the one I've never believed. It's hard to know without real proof either way I suppose. I suspect the McLean sisters who allegedly sing on "Neighbours" are likewise something of a joke. Some folks speculate "Where the Girls All Go" is simply sped-up multi-tracked Mick falsetto vocals.

It should be easy, regarding Mick's quote. Did Jo and Jerry both live in the Central Park West- area? winking smiley

Posted by: phelge ()
Date: October 22, 2019 17:18

So I'm lucky enough to be interviewing Jo about her book next week. Any (sensible) suggestions for what I should ask her?!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 22, 2019 17:31

phelge
So I'm lucky enough to be interviewing Jo about her book next week. Any (sensible) suggestions for what I should ask her?!

Please ask when the new album comes out...winking smiley

Date: October 22, 2019 17:44

phelge

For Bard and my sake, ask her if she sings on "Where the Boys Go!"

Date: October 22, 2019 17:59

grinning smiley

Posted by: phelge ()
Date: October 22, 2019 19:11

Yep, will do!

Date: October 22, 2019 19:28

phelge

Can you ask her why in addition to Wood she also seems to have two other previous surnames:
-Kerslake
-Howard

Thank you!

Date: October 23, 2019 05:37

Josephine Karslake was her name at birth. Jo Howard was the name she modeled under. Howard was her father's middle name. For years, I thought either Howard or Karslake was her first husband's last name, but it was neither of those, simply a professional name she chose.

Posted by: Ronnierocks ()
Date: October 23, 2019 11:31

Jo Wood 'Stoned' book signing.
Wed 30 Oct 2019...5pm to 6.30pm
Tickets via www.eventbrite.co.uk
Tickets are £20 for a wristband and copy of the book and signed.

Don't miss the chance to meet Jo Wood when she visits us in store at Selfridges Oxford Street London on Wednesday 30th October to sign copies of her new book 'Stoned'.
Jo will be joining us in WHSmith on LG from 5:00 – 6:30pm.
Married to the Stones' legendary guitarist Ronnie, Jo Wood was at the heart of all-night parties, hours in the recording studio, months on tour, time spent in prison, meeting famous friends and, above all, having a good time. But her unique personal collection shows more than just the world's biggest rock band at work. Photographs, notes and diary entries reveal a previously unseen, intimate side to a group of people who weren't rock stars to Jo - they were her closest friends. Her book takes us from the chaotic days of the late 1970s - when the Stones could walk the streets of London after a night partying without being bothered by anyone - to the early days of the 2000s, when the band's tours had become corporate-sponsored events. Jo's photographs and memories show what it was like to be on the inside of music history.
(Book RRP £20)
Terms and Conditions:
You will receive your copy of the book at the venue.
Your ticket entitles you to one wristband and a place in the queue, to have your book signed by Jo Woods.
Those without a ticket will not be permitted to join the queue.
There will be an opportunity to take pictures with Jo Wood.
Please note the event may be filmed or photographed, as an attendee you consent to footage and/ or images of you being used for promotional purposes

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2000
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home