Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
New book "Stoned" by Jo Wood - due out Nov 5. 2019
Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: February 25, 2019 15:29

According to Amazon, there's a new book from Jo Wood coming in september.

Latest info - updated Oct 2019:

STONED: Photographs & Treasures from Life with the Rolling Stones (Cassell)
by Jo Wood
Release date : November 5, 2019

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-22 12:48 by bv.

Re: New book "Stoned" by Jo Wood - Release date Sept. 2019
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 25, 2019 15:39

Good to see that it's retailing at a sensible price (£20).
Genesis Books are ridiculously priced.
I hope Bill gets round to finishing off a book or two from his vast collection of of photos (Stones and non Stones). And then retail at Jo's price.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 25, 2019 15:47

So, no gossip? Just a photo book?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 25, 2019 16:04

Depends on what the treasures are.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 25, 2019 16:21

jlowe
I hope Bill gets round to finishing off a book or two from his vast collection of of photos (Stones and non Stones). And then retail at Jo's price.

Bill has published a couple of Stones books..
regularly priced, not expensive limited editions..

Date: February 25, 2019 16:41

duke richardson
jlowe

Yes true...but his Scrapbook retails at £550. Too much for my pocket.The Chagall book was £60 and the Michael Cooper Blinds and Shutters book which I would have loved to purchase was also high price. Why do Limited Editions anyway?

But agreed..there are Bill's other books available.
Seems as though there are a lot of photos however, as yet not published. Hes done a lot of Exhibitions after all.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: February 25, 2019 16:44

That "filthy swine" pic ;p

Date: February 25, 2019 16:48

How many photos of The Rolling Stones do we need? My advice: Take photos of your own family, friends or relatives instead.
Especially when they are getting older. Those are the only ones that matters.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 25, 2019 16:49

jlowe
duke richardson
jlowe

Yes true...but his Scrapbook retails at £550. Too much for my pocket.The Chagall book was £60 and the Michael Cooper Blinds and Shutters book which I would have loved to purchase was also high price. Why do Limited Editions anyway?

But agreed..there are Bill's other books available.
Seems as though there are a lot of photos however, as yet not published. Hes done a lot of Exhibitions after all.

after his memoir 'Stone Alone', Bill would have plenty more to write about, post-1969...

no doubt he's got all the receipts..

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 25, 2019 23:27

….. Hey yeah Jo should have some good insider shots …. CLICK !!!...got ya..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: February 26, 2019 00:39

Stoneage
So, no gossip? Just a photo book?

That was all in her last book.

Date: February 26, 2019 00:54

Thanks, C. According to (the rag...) Daily Mail Jo's divorce banked £6,5m. So I must say she's been very diligent in her writing and publishing considering she's not in dire need of the money.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 26, 2019 01:33

Imaginative title.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: February 26, 2019 02:30

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 26, 2019 07:27

That's one bad ass book Carnaby. And signed to, right?

Date: February 26, 2019 07:32

...which one are you Carnaby ??
The gentleman on the left or right

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-26 07:39 by Rockman.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 13, 2019 18:42

Octopus imprint Cassell Illustrated has acquired an intimate portrait of the Rolling Stones by Jo Wood, wife of guitarist Ronnie, featuring 500 never-before-seen photos, notes and diary entries.

Senior commissioning editor Joe Cottington acquired world rights in all languages from Kevin Pocklington at the North Literary Agency. Stoned: Photographs and treasures from life with the Rolling Stones is published on 5th September.

The synopsis reads: "Married to the Stones' legendary guitarist Ronnie for 30 years, Jo Wood lived the rock star life – from all-night parties, sell-out shows and recording sessions to relaxing with the band on holiday, at home and away from it all. Her incredible collection of treasures from this time is a once-in-a-lifetime look behind the scenes of the biggest band in the world, showing the real people underneath the rock star personas."

Cottington said: "I’m so excited to be publishing Jo’s incredible book. Her collection really has to be seen to be believed – it’s the hidden face of the Rolling Stones, a look inside the crossfire hurricane."

Wood explained: "These pictures are real and were never taken with a book in mind. They show the band off guard, without having to worry that it was another photo shoot. It’s about real life, on the road with a bunch of guys who happened to be in a fantastic band, all too often in the public gaze but more importantly away from it as well. The book is a celebration of my family and friends, a thank you to my past, and a look into a rock and roll moment in time."

[www.thebookseller.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 13, 2019 22:23

Does Jo Wood own some of Ronnie’s old paintings?
Specifically a self portrait he has mirrored shades on (sunglasses)
and song titles are written around his image
‘Everything’s Turning To Gold’
‘Dance’ Part 1 and 2
‘Hot Stuff’
etc.

I preordered the book. But that painting, mark my word, is his best.

Date: March 13, 2019 23:11

Rockman
….. Hey yeah Jo should have some good insider shots …. CLICK !!!...got ya..

She's been posting some interesting photos on her Instagram profile: [www.instagram.com]

Date: March 14, 2019 00:15

Hey Yeah fanks man …. some good shots over there …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: March 14, 2019 11:47

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-23 08:02 by Plink.

Date: March 14, 2019 18:10

It's pretty noticable how much Keith figures in all those family album themed photos. It has been told by Ron, Jo a few times just how present he was in their lives. Didn't he go with them on their honeymoon too haha?

Date: March 14, 2019 18:18

Plink
Regarding Jo's Instagram

Hmmmm, Very Interesting...

Looking thru her pics, I initially assumed that she must have taken the photos in which she did not appear. Then I saw my own onstage pic of Ronnie looking back at me - with no photo credit given. I took the shot in 1981 (SF, Candlestick Park) and personally handed it to Ronnie at a book signing in LA several years later (along w/ additional '81 tour shots of Ronnie, Keith & Mick). These were 8x10 prints and each had all of my info stamped on the back (big stamp, red ink - impossible to overlook it). I wonder how many of the other onstage shots she posted were in fact taken by others with no credit given. She has so many fabulous, candid, true insider shots (that I assume she actually did take herself) - I think it's unnecessary (and not so nice) to post a shot taken by someone else w/ no credit.

I agree! thumbs up

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 18, 2019 21:21

The ad on Amazon says the book takes us back to those days in the " late 70's when the band could walk the streets of London unrecognized!"...REALLY?? Who believes THAT!? In the late 60's THEY'D HAVE BEEN MOBBED! Think I'll skip this one.

Date: March 18, 2019 21:50

mickschix
The ad on Amazon says the book takes us back to those days in the " late 70's when the band could walk the streets of London unrecognized!"...REALLY?? Who believes THAT!? In the late 60's THEY'D HAVE BEEN MOBBED! Think I'll skip this one.

Well, it may partly be true.
Certainly Mick Keith and Brian seemed to frequent pubs and clubs in London. The Chelsea and Kensington areas in particular.
There wasnt the surfeit of celeb magazines or on line sites recording every move of course.
By the late 70s the group were regarded as old men, in celeb terms.
Now they seem to go around with security people which clearly is a bit of a giveaway. Imagine not being recognised...how awful that would be.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 20, 2019 01:43

Plink
Regarding Jo's Instagram

Looking thru her pics, I initially assumed that she must have taken the photos in which she did not appear. Then I saw my own onstage pic of Ronnie looking back at me - with no photo credit given. I took the shot in 1981 (SF, Candlestick Park) and personally handed it to Ronnie at a book signing in LA several years later (along w/ additional '81 tour shots of Ronnie, Keith & Mick). These were 8x10 prints and each had all of my info stamped on the back (big stamp, red ink - impossible to overlook it). I wonder how many of the other onstage shots she posted were in fact taken by others with no credit given. She has so many fabulous, candid, true insider shots (that I assume she actually did take herself) - I think it's unnecessary (and not so nice) to post a shot taken by someone else w/ no credit.

If you personally gave it to Ronnie it's easy to imagine her finding it years later and thinking it was one she had taken.

Date: March 25, 2019 02:16

I was sure this was gonna be a payback book where she slams Ronnie, but it seems this is a bit too harmless. She may have been bribed with the divorce settlement because I remember when she first started this book she had an angry vibe. I would have enjoyed reading about all of Ronnie's crazy, wild, drunken and stoned antics!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 25, 2019 15:02

Ronnie’s 2007 autobiography
throughout the book he is complimentary to Jo.
In fact, parts were downright sweet about her.
(Same about his children.)
But I remember when I finished reading it (last 12 months or so, and I enjoyed it), I thought more highly of him for that, and how he presented his book.

Date: March 25, 2019 16:03

You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 25, 2019 16:14

Cristiano Radtke
Plink
Regarding Jo's Instagram

I agree! thumbs up

Maybe you will be credited within the actual published book? If you had your
copyright stamp on the back the publisher should be aware of their legal
obligation to do so. I suppose you could contact the publisher to be sure.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1532
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home