Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

About the Stonesviking's website
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 23, 2019 23:14

What has happened with it? Went in there to look if there was something going on there for once. Usually nothing happens there but now it seems like it's hijacked or something.
Hundreds of messages about buying passports and driver licenses (stolen, presumably). Can someone inform me what's going on on that site? (apart from the usual nothing that is...)

Re: About the Stonesviking's website
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 23, 2019 23:49

This one ..................[www.stonesvikings.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 23, 2019 23:57

NICOS
This one ..................[www.stonesvikings.com]

I guess Stoneage is talking about their messageboard: [mickijaggeroo.proboards.com]

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: February 24, 2019 00:45

Hi.

The forum is pretty much dead. No one has been posting anything there for a few years now. We had a good thing going on about ten years back with many high profile collectors posting interesting stuff. But people moved on to other forums and the traffic died out. Sad.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: February 24, 2019 00:52

Okey, thanks. That was what I suspected.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 24, 2019 02:33

And what has happened to Vilhelm, the head of that site and fan club? He used to post here under mickijaggeroo, but haven't seen any of his posts for years. I met him in London at the end of the ABB tour in 07, very nice guy.

I wonder if the same thing has happened to them as happened to Shidobee -- website activity has mostly died out, to be replaced by a very active Facebook page/group, at least in the case of the Shidoobs. Don't know.

plexi

Update -- just checked his activity here and I see only seven posts in the last year, including this one:

Re: The Rolling Stones Tours 2019 and on - North America next up
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 14, 2018 15:08

I love The Stones, always did, always will. Have not posted here for a long time, but....I wish they would take some chances concerning the set list...they have got so much to choose from, I mean, they have made all the money they could ever spend so why not let it loose, and play whatever they want for the rest of their touring life, we will come anyway, right?.

Vilhelm
[www.stonesvikings.com]

Maybe he is getting a bit fed up with the boys???

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-24 02:38 by timbernardis.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 24, 2019 02:48

What about that site of Drakes???
Does that still exist ???

ROCKMAN

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 24, 2019 02:56

who's Drake, Rockee?

plexi

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 24, 2019 03:00

Rockman

When you type the site's address you are redirected to Shidoobee's FB group.

Date: February 24, 2019 03:55

Redirected …!!!! ….
heck that's a worry ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Billy10 ()
Date: February 24, 2019 16:13

the StonesVikings are alive and well and still traveling together across Europe to enjoy our band - saw a bunch of them at the Twick in June.

Date: February 24, 2019 16:16

Good to hear. But not their website apparently. Unless you're in the business of selling counterfeit passports and driver licenses...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 24, 2019 17:06

Rockman

I think it died off a while back, Rockeeeee.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 24, 2019 17:10

Re: The Rolling Stones Tours 2019 and on - North America next up
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 14, 2018 15:08

I love The Stones, always did, always will. Have not posted here for a long time, but....I wish they would take some chances concerning the set list...they have got so much to choose from, I mean, they have made all the money they could ever spend so why not let it loose, and play whatever they want for the rest of their touring life, we will come anyway, right?.

Vilhelm
[www.stonesvikings.com]

[/quote]

Same here... I thought to fly to for a couple of shows next spring, but finally... I guess I won't... Just too many times the same set-list over and over again.

Date: February 24, 2019 17:57

angee
Rockman

The site was very good looking. And it had a good start. But when I last checked it out there were only two members making all the conversation. So, basically it was doomed.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 24, 2019 19:21

Rockman
Redirected …!!!! ….
heck that's a worry ….

That thing was on life support for a couple of years...only one or two posters kept it alive for awhile.

I checked in a couple of times but the writing was on the wall.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 24, 2019 19:22

Stoneage
angee
Rockman

The site was very good looking. And it had a good start. But when I last checked it out there were only two members making all the conversation. So, basically it was doomed.

ha, only read this after making my post. very true.

Date: February 24, 2019 22:21

only two members making all the conversation

Heck that's sad ….

Maybe it was really just Drake talking to himself ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 25, 2019 01:41

Maybe we should invite them back to IORR ;o) including me old friend CindyC grinning smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 25, 2019 07:05

NICOS
Maybe we should invite them back to IORR ;o) including me old friend CindyC grinning smiley

Founder of the longest running thread in IORR history - she lives on! thumbs upCindy C

I vaguely recall Drake's site - a place for all the downtrodden exiles to gather haha...

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: February 25, 2019 09:24

I joined the site few years ago and used to post on the Collector's Cafe section where many aknowleged fellow vinyl collectors posted. Not too active the Cafe was, actually... A real pity as I love to share my know-how. Can anybody here tell me where ther's a similar vinyl-orinted forum? Thanks, Luca

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: February 25, 2019 10:32

I think the webside made by 'Jan Richards' in the Vikingswebside known as "STONES ON DECCA" is "IRREPLACEABLE" and "IRREPROACHABLE".
Greets,

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: February 25, 2019 10:43

tioms
I think the webside made by 'Jan Richards' in the Vikingswebside known as "STONES ON DECCA" is "IRREPLACEABLE" and "IRREPROACHABLE".
Greets,

Couldn't agree more... I'm just talking about the Collectors' Cafe forum where a few intersting threads were running on and where a few prestigious Collectors who do not contribute IORR were active, bye

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 25, 2019 11:13

It is quite easy to start up a web site. Also, it is easy to run a web site with a small number of forum users. The challenge is to do the same over time, for years, for decades, with a large number of users. You need to spend hours every single day on moderating, maintaining, policy and technical work. That is why you rarely find non-profit web sites with a large volume of users over a long period of time.

Sure there are Google, Facebook, Instragram, Amazon and so on, but first of all they have a paid staff, and secondly we do all know that they are only in it for the money. They do not pay tax, well may be less than one percent of their revenue, via Cayman Island or some other taxfree haven, they do not care about your privacy, and they make friends with hot shot politicians so that they appear to be nice and frendly to the public.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-25 11:13 by bv.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 25, 2019 18:18

I don't think it escapes us how well you look after us around here BV.

I don't frequent very many "forums" ...but compared to most IORR remains a breath of fresh air.

To be able to swap a few views without a dozen adverts popping up in my face every other second, trying to flog me some nonsense that some stupid algorithm thinks I might be interested in.grinning smiley

Date: February 25, 2019 18:29

The Vikings webside was 100% for fans who bought LP's, cheap or expensive.
In this webside is the most: Downloading for free.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: February 25, 2019 20:32

tioms
The Vikings webside was 100% for fans who bought LP's, cheap or expensive.
In this webside is the most: Downloading for free.

Don't be so hard, it costs electricity to download. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 25, 2019 20:58

treaclefingers
Stoneage
angee
Rockman

ha, only read this after making my post. very true.

Drake is a great guy, but the site was a little hard to navigate. He's his business site. In picture at bottom, Drake is the guy with red hair and beard in the second row.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: February 26, 2019 06:01

LiveAtHidepark, I've nothing against downloading. But I know people they have a few thousands of silvers and you don't see them at this board to share.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1912
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home