Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
1977 PICS
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 20, 2019 22:45

photos by Janet Knott/Boston Globe

Re: 1977 PICS
Posted by: snorton ()
Date: February 20, 2019 23:33

Where, why?
Pre-some girls?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 20, 2019 23:50

NEW YORK CITY, NY - SEPTEMBER 20: Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones is pictured in the offices of Rolling Stones Records in the Warner Communications Building in New York City on Sep. 20, 1977. (Photo by Janet Knott/The Boston Globe via Getty Images)

[www.gettyimages.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 21, 2019 07:51

Quite pensive. Post-Toronto bust. Considering his dire situation? Coming off junk?

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: February 21, 2019 08:08

Probably from interviews promoting Love You Live. That jacket looks familiar; I've seen it in other photos.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: February 21, 2019 10:04

Here Keith looks a bit like being Ric Ocasek's brother cool smiley
Nice pics though!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 21, 2019 10:11

He wasn't looking too good... and I doubt he was feeling very well. But after 14 years in the music biz he knew exactly how to pose and what to give the photographer.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 21, 2019 11:43

24FPS
Quite pensive. Post-Toronto bust. Considering his dire situation? Coming off junk?

On junk.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: February 21, 2019 12:54

The first photo was published with the article below.

The Boston Globe (September 25, 1977)

These Stones Keep on Rolling
By Ernie Santosuosso Globe Staff

NEW YORK It was business as usual one day last week in the offices of Rolling Stones Records, 12 floors up in the Warner Communications Building with one prominent exception.

Inside one of the offices Mick Jagger was flitting about maniacally while the Rolling Stones' second-in-command, Keith Richard, sat back, expressionless. It was the same contrasting manner each had been demonstrating on the concert stage for the past 15 years.

Jagger wore a football jersey over russet slacks and a pair of jogging sneakers. Richard was clad in a plain windbreaker, black pullover, jeans and telephone worker's half boots.

Who was minding the villas, I thought. At 34, Jagger looked fit while Richard, 33, currently undergoing psychiatric and medical treatment in a New York hospital for heroin addiction, reflected his current physical travails.

The pair was in town to plug the Rolling Stones' latest release, ''Love It Live," a two-disc package, three sides of which are devoted to the group's 1976 concert in Paris and the fourth side to the celebrated (and supposed Margaret Trudeau-related) show this year in Toronto.

The album is a collection of old wine in new bottles: "Honky Tonk Women," "Get Off of My Cloud," "Star Star," "Tumbling Dice," 'You Can't Always Get What You Want," "Brown Sugar," "Jumping Jack Flash," "Sympathy for the Devil" and others. The El Mocambo side (Toronto) is totally blues-saturated with songs by Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry and Willie Dixon.

...continues...

Date: February 21, 2019 13:27

photos by Janet Knott/Boston Globe

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: February 21, 2019 13:46

Nice photos! Thanks!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 21, 2019 14:31

Also as read in the book Life, the production of the double Lp, Love You Live , didn't help their relationship at that time.

Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 21, 2019 16:00

34 and 33 years old.... babies! Mere children. grinning smiley

Date: February 22, 2019 03:02

Paul Kersey
Nice photos! Thanks!

You're welcome. Have another if you like them that much!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 22, 2019 03:04

Nice photos ...thanks exile ….
can I have one tooooooooooooo ?????????

ROCKMAN

Date: February 22, 2019 13:25

Rockman
Nice photos ...thanks exile ….
can I have one tooooooooooooo ?????????

Of course. You get Keith and Mick!

Date: February 22, 2019 20:15

The Glimmers …. Hey yeah fanks exile …..

ROCKMAN

Date: February 24, 2019 19:54

Rockman
The Glimmers …. Hey yeah fanks exile …..

welcome . . . Here's the last of this 1977 set.

Date: February 24, 2019 22:23

Awwwwww last..... but but I want more …

ROCKMAN

Date: February 25, 2019 14:26

Rockman
Awwwwww last..... but but I want more …

Ok but this is the very last pic from this set.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 25, 2019 15:27

great pics

friends then, as well as business partners..

Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: February 25, 2019 16:41

Redhotcarpet
24FPS

On junk.

Could be. Had just done the black box detox thing and was under some sort of court ordered supervision at the time. You'd think there would have been some kind of testing done...,..urinalysis....blood test...whatever. easy to beat that stuff though.

Date: February 25, 2019 23:45

Ok but this is the very last pic from this set.

….. aaawwww come on exile you can find a few more just for me ….hhhhaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: February 27, 2019 13:28

Sorry, Rockman. I'd post them for you if there were any. That's it from that set.

There's a few similar shots from Ken Regan. Same day, same location. I'll dig deep for them just for you!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 27, 2019 14:02

keithglimmer
Redhotcarpet
24FPS

On junk.

Could be. Had just done the black box detox thing and was under some sort of court ordered supervision at the time. You'd think there would have been some kind of testing done...,..urinalysis....blood test...whatever. easy to beat that stuff though.

He failed to show up for many of those tests. First time he really tried to stop was in the summer of 1978. Relapsed but that was the beginning of the end of his heavy heroin addiction. My theory is that Jagger more or less forced him to quit before the 1981 tour. He used in 1980 but that mustve been the last time except for some relapse much later on.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 27, 2019 16:17

duke richardson
great pics

friends then, as well as business partners..

I'd see things a bit differently : Mick as the patient loving mother, worrying that his "turbulent" teen might make a mistake you can't come back from. Keef the reckless adolescent constantly getting in trouble.
And in true teen fashion once he really got out of trouble his act (1980) instead of thanking Mom Mick for saving his @ss he spent the following years spitting at her face. confused smiley

These two were friends... from 1962 till sometime in the 70's when Keef did become just a burden and a trouble-magnet. By then Mick probably started to think "mmmm i'd better prepare myself mentally to get that phone call from our laywers or the police. Keef's walking with the dead".

Look at the pic posted below the "Here's the last of this 1977 set" comment : I don't see two friends : I see a numbed guy on the right and a fatherly/motherly/brotherly figure on the left thinking "will he ever stop walking the tightrope?"

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: February 27, 2019 16:54

Redhotcarpet
keithglimmer
Redhotcarpet
24FPS

On junk.

He failed to show up for many of those tests. First time he really tried to stop was in the summer of 1978. Relapsed but that was the beginning of the end of his heavy heroin addiction. My theory is that Jagger more or less forced him to quit before the 1981 tour. He used in 1980 but that mustve been the last time except for some relapse much later on.

He was on and off in those days.
On that particularly day I'm quite shure he hadn't used H. You can see that . .

Date: February 28, 2019 00:13

I'll dig deep for them just for you!

………….. mmmmmmmmmmmm thanks exile very kind of you ….

ROCKMAN

Date: February 28, 2019 03:05

photo by Ken Regan

Date: February 28, 2019 03:23

Hey Hey YEAH .... fanks exile ….

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home