Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why no Stones Sirius channel?
Posted by: illyad ()
Date: February 16, 2019 23:28

I cannot figure out why the Stones do not have their own channel? If this question has been asked before I must have missed it and its comments. With the Beatles, springsteen, Petty and the Grateful dead having their own channels why not the Stones? or Bob Dylan? Certainly both acts have a plethra of live/released/unreleased/bootlegs that could fill plenty of air space.

Re: Why no Stones Sirius channel?
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: February 16, 2019 23:39

Excellent question. I wonder why? I have Sirius & would love to have the channel.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: February 17, 2019 01:01

Here are two Stones radio channels:

from Germany: [www.regenbogen.de]

from Russia: [91.207.59.26]

Enjoy!

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: February 17, 2019 01:41

Maybe there just isn't enough material for a dedicated channel? The Beatles channel plays a lot of John, Paul, George and Ringo solo recordings...and there's a lot. The Grateful Dead and the Springsteen channels play a vast amount of unreleased live stuff. But even those two get tedious after a while. The Beatles channel is the only one that cne play a diverse and varied stream of music that doesn't get tiring. You can listen to that channel constantly...

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: February 17, 2019 01:42

Agreed. this has to happen!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 17, 2019 01:55

Maybe Ronnie could rap all the play-lists ….
that'd fill up few hours ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: February 17, 2019 02:23

The Stones have *plenty* of material for such a channel. The reason they don’t have one is they probably don’t want to be bothered with it, but they’re also wary of overexposure.

Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: February 17, 2019 02:36

There actually WAS a Stones channel, it was dropped January 1, 2007 (Rolling Stones Radio Channel 98)

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: February 17, 2019 02:56

bigpond
There actually WAS a Stones channel, it was dropped January 1, 2007 (Rolling Stones Radio Channel 98)
Yup. that's true. Guess the $$$ side of it fell apart....

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 17, 2019 03:08

It's probably a simple matter of the Stones make money from FM radio etc and very little if not none from satellite.

[www.digitalmusicnews.com]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 17, 2019 16:48

www.regenbogen.de is a very good radio Stones station. I listen to it regularly.
jeroen

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 17, 2019 18:15

wupperstein
Here are two Stones radio channels:

from Germany: [www.regenbogen.de]

from Russia: [91.207.59.26]

Enjoy!

And one from Argentina: [ar.cienradios.com]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 17, 2019 18:56

Sockers56
Excellent question. I wonder why? I have Sirius & would love to have the channel.

Oh, that been the case are there any new programmes from Andrew Oldham?
Last we heard, he was interviewing guests rather than being a DJ.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 17, 2019 18:57

They have had a channel before when they were touring, so maybe again soon.

There is plenty of material to choose from: Not only Stones, but solo stuff, rarities, their influences (Chuck, Muddy, etc.), other British Invasion artists, etc.. Plus guest hosts like ALO, Little Steven, etc.

Hope it comes back soon.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 18, 2019 00:56

Yeah, they don't want that kind of exposure unless they need it to sell tickets in whatever spot on the globe they find themselves. Same with the already legendary NEW ALBUM. It will be used as a marketing tool for whatever tour is going on by then. Used to be that tours were done to promote the album.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 18, 2019 01:27

from Italy

[www.virginradio.it]

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 18, 2019 14:56

bigpond

I remember that I was disappointed by the cancellation of the Stones channel. I don't know if the stones Cie had to pay Sirius?

Rockandroll,

Mops

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 18, 2019 15:22

24FPS
Yeah, they don't want that kind of exposure unless they need it to sell tickets in whatever spot on the globe they find themselves. Same with the already legendary NEW ALBUM. It will be used as a marketing tool for whatever tour is going on by then. Used to be that tours were done to promote the album.

By the time that album comes out...

... the only "tour" it will be promoting will be that of their bones as religious relics !

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: February 18, 2019 18:13

LOL If they had one all IORR would do is complain about the content.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 19, 2019 06:31

They need to take our boys more siriusly.

--------------

We'll be here all week.
Don't forget to tip your waitress!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-19 06:33 by hopkins.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 19, 2019 07:29

Spud
24FPS

By the time that album comes out...

... the only "tour" it will be promoting will be that of their bones as religious relics !
smileys with beer

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: February 20, 2019 02:27

Underground Garage is pretty close. I think they average a Stones song per hour.

I think there is more than enough material to run a Stones station - especially if they dedicate some of the airtime to artists that inspired the Stones.

For my money, the Tom Petty station is the best one. Lots of TP of course. But also you get intermittent songs from Tom's record collection, songs from artists that influenced Tom and episodes of the Buried Treasure program. There are also programs by Heartbreakers Benmont Tench and Steve Ferrone. David Fricke and Bill Flanagan have weekly shows as well.

So you get lots of TP, and lots of the best rock, rhythm & blues ever pressed to vinyl.

What more could anyone want???

The Beatles channel is also great.

I rarely tune into the Springsteen channel or the Dead channel although I am a fan of both.

And I would LOVE a Dylan channel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-20 02:28 by JimmyTheSaint.

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: February 20, 2019 03:17

mnewman505
LOL If they had one all IORR would do is complain about the content.
yup-could easily be another 300+pages. the sirius R.S. setlist complaint thread. LoL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2013
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home