Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: The Stage and Pits on No Filter 2019
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 19, 2019 12:40

yeah, well. i hear what you say Paulywaul. On the other hand, i was about 2nd row in Amsterdam 2017 and 3rd row Southampton 2018. i had a great time. Must agree, could not oversee the entire stage. But it was so great to see the lines in their faces, the expression in their eyes.totally worth every Euro.

Guess it just depends on what you want. Thats the advantage of going to multiple shows. Just vary it from where you are standing.

Jeroen

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: February 19, 2019 12:54

my experience is you cant know the size of the pit because of the layout ticketmaster is showing. it depends on ticketsales...

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 19, 2019 14:44

MononoM
my experience is you cant know the size of the pit because of the layout ticketmaster is showing. it depends on ticketsales...

Well you can see 'some sort of representation' of its likely size (which of course might be reasonably accurate or might not be) on the layout map, but what you have absolutely no idea of is how many people are going to be in the sodding thing come show time ! And 'in general', the number of people (proportional to the size of the pit) has just gradually increased ever since those initial shows in November/December 2012 when they 're-emerged'. That translates to one simple thing (or one simple word I should say) - crowded ! They sure are packin' them in there these days, that's for certain ......

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-19 14:45 by paulywaul.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: February 19, 2019 15:25

I wonder how many US venue security staff will be caught saying "Sorry sir, it says no "filter pit access" on there, I can't let you into the pit."

Happened in Paris!

Date: February 19, 2019 17:27

FrogSugar
I wonder how many US venue security staff will be caught saying "Sorry sir, it says no "filter pit access" on there, I can't let you into the pit."

Happened in Paris!

I heard about that ...... jeez how f***ing stupid can event staff be, how ill briefed can they be ? That was absolutely scandalous. I know people who were nearly in tears after brandishing a £450 ticket (or whatever it cost back then) and then being effectively denied entry !! It got resolved in the end, but holy cow ... what a completely ridiculous state of affairs !

I did two of those shows, one in the pit and one in the seats very close to stage right as good as overlooking the pit. I had no problem personally getting into the pit with my ticket, so I was kind of stunned to hear about people having those kind of hassles later in the evening .......

Posted by: JessForte ()
Date: February 19, 2019 22:30

I had a really bad time with GA at Quebec City a couple years ago - I was one of the first people in line but when they opened the gates, the older, portlier man behind me shoved me(I was 26, I'm short, average weight and female)to the ground and held me there with his foot with the guards doing nothing, just so he could get in front of me. I was injured and got a terrible location. I got pit in Toronto this time...but want to know how early I should line up to get a good seat to make up for the terrible experience I had last time?

Any tips and advice is welcome.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 19, 2019 23:11

JessForte
I had a really bad time with GA at Quebec City a couple years ago - I was one of the first people in line but when they opened the gates, the older, portlier man behind me shoved me(I was 26, I'm short, average weight and female)to the ground and held me there with his foot with the guards doing nothing, just so he could get in front of me. I was injured and got a terrible location. I got pit in Toronto this time...but want to know how early I should line up to get a good seat to make up for the terrible experience I had last time?

I am sorry to hear you had such an awful experience it is disgusting to be treated in such a manner and must have ruined your evening to some degree,let’s hope the pig returned home after the concert to find his wife in bed with a younger more handsome dude,a large bill from the taxman and fired from work the next day spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I have watched 10 shows on the no filter tour from the pit and usually I just entered the pit around 15 minutes before the Stones came on stage and I could get a nice position pretty much anywhere in the pit apart from being right up to the rail which personally I’m not bothered about anyway.I will say though that at some of the shows the pit has seemed a little crowded and tends to fill up shortly before the Stones come on so maybe find a good spot around 30 minutes before showtime.

Enjoy the show thumbs up

Nate

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-19 23:14 by Nate.

Date: February 20, 2019 01:25

Nate
JessForte

I am sorry to hear you had such an awful experience it is disgusting to be treated in such a manner and must have ruined your evening to some degree,let’s hope the pig returned home after the concert to find his wife in bed with a younger more handsome dude,a large bill from the taxman and fired from work the next day spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I have watched 10 shows on the no filter tour from the pit and usually I just entered the pit around 15 minutes before the Stones came on stage and I could get a nice position pretty much anywhere in the pit apart from being right up to the rail which personally I’m not bothered about anyway.I will say though that at some of the shows the pit has seemed a little crowded and tends to fill up shortly before the Stones come on so maybe find a good spot around 30 minutes before showtime.

Enjoy the show thumbs up

Nate

Unfortunately who I assumed to be his wife was with him and also stepped over me. I just take solace in knowing two such terrible people found one another and probably make each other very miserable. Thanks for the tips!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 20, 2019 01:37

JessForte
Nate
JessForte

Enjoy the show thumbs up

Nate

Unfortunately who I assumed to be his wife was with him and also stepped over me. I just take solace in knowing two such terrible people found one another and probably make each other very miserable. Thanks for the tips!

Hmm, sounds more like a Bob Dylan fanatic to me ... maybe they thought they were at a Dylan concert where fans feel they have a right to act with such behavior. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 20, 2019 09:42

JessForte
I had a really bad time with GA at Quebec City a couple years ago - I was one of the first people in line but when they opened the gates, the older, portlier man behind me shoved me(I was 26, I'm short, average weight and female)to the ground and held me there with his foot with the guards doing nothing, just so he could get in front of me. I was injured and got a terrible location.

eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley

That's . . . I'm speechless!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 20, 2019 09:56

steffialicia
timbernardis
Rockman
I guess it beckons the question ...are there any pitfalls in the Pit???

I suspect u know the answer to this Rockee - you were in the pit for at least one of the Paris shows, maybe more. Did u fall into any of the pitfalls??!!

plexi

The only pitfall is that no seat will ever satisfy you after experiencing the pit.

True.

plexi

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 20, 2019 12:21

JessForte

What an absolute 5 star arsehole. You would have had a good case for charging him with assault. I've seen some nasty behaviour in my 3+ decades of going to gigs and that's right up there. Security is pretty useless at some shows. From recent memory Hyde Park 2013 was rubbish and Edinburgh last year pretty lax and casual.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 20, 2019 21:33

JessForte

I am sorry to hear how horribile you were treated by this uncivilized animal . As you said that security did nothing then why did you not give him a foot or a punch to the nads to defend yourself ?

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: February 20, 2019 21:59

Do we have pictures for the stage or what it looks like from several rows back...especially on Keith's side? Thanks.

Date: February 21, 2019 00:00

clapton71
Do we have pictures for the stage or what it looks like from several rows back...especially on Keith's side? Thanks.

Go through the threads for the 2017 & 2018 shows, there will be shedloads of pictures in there taken by people up against the rail (or else a few 'rows' of folk back) in PIT B (Keith's side) - they'll give you a perfect idea of what you'll be looking at !

Date: February 21, 2019 00:41

paulywaul
clapton71

Go through the threads for the 2017 & 2018 shows, there will be shedloads of pictures in there taken by people up against the rail (or else a few 'rows' of folk back) in PIT B (Keith's side) - they'll give you a perfect idea of what you'll be looking at !

It would be the best place to start but the stage looks to be modified somewhat for this year with long diagonal Side catwalks and the ‘T’ stage at the end of the centre catwalk replaced with a much smaller round one a la 14 on Fire/Hyde Pstk 2013. At a guess, the 4 big screens will remain as was.

All will be revealed 2 months today.... thumbs up.

Absolutely ridiculous yet brilliant that in their dotage the Stones are touring for the 8th consecutive year, something they haven’t done - EVER! (1968 live activity was obviously minuscule).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-21 00:42 by grzegorz67.

Date: February 21, 2019 07:30

TheGreek
JessForte

I am sorry to hear how horribile you were treated by this uncivilized animal . As you said that security did nothing then why did you not give him a foot or a punch to the nads to defend yourself ?

As stated, I am not a large person, and I am young-ish and female. I don't make a habit of fighting back against older, bigger,stronger men. I was also in shock and that made it hard to think of anything in the moment.

For what it's worth, I did once absolutely demolish a woman at a Jake Bugg concert when she stole from me. Bouncer said it was very impressive, he witnessed her steal my shit and saw me knock her out and came to my defense when a different bouncer tried to kick me out for fighting. But I don't take on people bigger than me.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 21, 2019 07:33

good on ya Jess …. ^^^^

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 21, 2019 07:46

If you've already seen them close up, which I have, why would you ever need to do it again? They're not gloriously decadent anymore, they're old. It's like buying a front row seat to Steely Dan (back when Walter lived). Why?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 21, 2019 08:57

24FPS
If you've already seen them close up, which I have, why would you ever need to do it again? They're not gloriously decadent anymore, they're old. It's like buying a front row seat to Steely Dan (back when Walter lived). Why?

Yeah I agree. I've also been up close several times both in very large and very small venues, and now it's sort of a 'been there done that' feeling.
Having some Lucky Dips this tour, I certainly wouldn't refuse being placed in the pit, but would be just as happy 3-40...even 50 rows back where the sound is actually better.
And since it's all sort of predictable anyways these days (stage, setlist, etc.), I wouldn't even mind nosebleeds at this point.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 21, 2019 09:09

Well..if they return to Europe in a few years time i would love to have a Pit ticket again. But i understand what you mean Hairball.
Jeroen

Date: February 21, 2019 10:30

grzegorz67
paulywaul
clapton71

It would be the best place to start but the stage looks to be modified somewhat for this year with long diagonal Side catwalks and the ‘T’ stage at the end of the centre catwalk replaced with a much smaller round one a la 14 on Fire/Hyde Pstk 2013. At a guess, the 4 big screens will remain as was.

All will be revealed 2 months today.... thumbs up.

Absolutely ridiculous yet brilliant that in their dotage the Stones are touring for the 8th consecutive year, something they haven’t done - EVER! (1968 live activity was obviously minuscule).

Extraordinary ... absolutely extraordinary !! WHAT a band !

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 21, 2019 10:44

Hairball
24FPS

Yeah I agree. I've also been up close several times both in very large and very small venues, and now it's sort of a 'been there done that' feeling.
Having some Lucky Dips this tour, I certainly wouldn't refuse being placed in the pit, but would be just as happy 3-40...even 50 rows back where the sound is actually better.
And since it's all sort of predictable anyways these days (stage, setlist, etc.), I wouldn't even mind nosebleeds at this point.

that was my theory too, hairball. at this point, sitting back & taking in the whole spectacle with good sound is fine with me. also, i have ADA seats so I won't have to stand for the show which sadly a factor for me.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 21, 2019 17:23

JessForte
TheGreek
JessForte

As stated, I am not a large person, and I am young-ish and female. I don't make a habit of fighting back against older, bigger,stronger men. I was also in shock and that made it hard to think of anything in the moment.

For what it's worth, I did once absolutely demolish a woman at a Jake Bugg concert when she stole from me. Bouncer said it was very impressive, he witnessed her steal my shit and saw me knock her out and came to my defense when a different bouncer tried to kick me out for fighting. But I don't take on people bigger than me.
I am so sorry to hear how abhorrently you were treated by this animal all just to get a better vantage point which is so obscene to me . I can relate and have empathy for you being put into such an uncomfortable position to be held down like that and treated so horribly with security nearby and absent from performing there duties . I feel awful for you and hope and pray you are never treated this way ever again .

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 21, 2019 17:40

clapton71

Maybe this helps a little bit:
Warsaw Keith's side

Date: February 21, 2019 17:44

MAF
clapton71

Warsaw Keith's side

I don't see a pit. Is there one?

Date: February 21, 2019 17:46

jumpontopofmebaby
MAF
clapton71

Warsaw Keith's side

I don't see a pit. Is there one?

Never mind. I made it full screen ....and ICK they are packed in tight.

Date: February 21, 2019 17:58

Hairball
24FPS

This is where I am too. I Lucky dipped 9 shows last year and most ended up well, including 3 pits. While I was glad of the experience, I would still never pay the full price of £435 for the experience, or even £200. The front of GA or GC is enjoyable too and there are big compensations with being there - the sound is usually better and you can see the whole stage and event.

I’m looking forward to doing 3 shows this year (Boston + 2 x New York) and still hope for a further drop of Lucky Dips. If it doesn’t happen, I will grab a last gasp bargain with a maximum budget of $200 per show. I will not be held to ransom. A decent low level seat in the front half of the stadium will be fine.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: February 21, 2019 18:31

Is it possible to just hang in the back of the pit and have some personal space or is it just too crowded for that?

Date: February 21, 2019 18:59

keefmick
Is it possible to just hang in the back of the pit and have some personal space or is it just too crowded for that?

That was going to be my plan also. And then when the catwalk is used you are right there!

I had pit at Desert Trip and it was not to bad. I guess it will different at every show.

I have pit for Denver now. I do know that Ticket Master will allow you to upgrade one time and pay the difference. I might do that if some great floor seats get cheaper.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home