Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT- HEART: Summer Tour
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 14, 2019 21:59

The Seattle sisters apparently have patched things up and have announced a summer tour..
The Love Alive tour pre-sale tickets went on sale today (password: LOVEALIVE)

Not sure if I'll be going, wife wants to so... probably cool smiley

[www.livenation.com]

Re: OT- HEART: Summer Tour
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 14, 2019 22:06

I saw them in 2009 with Journey and Cheap Trick, and they were awesome. Definitely considering going again. Ann is an amazing live singer.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 14, 2019 22:07

Glad to see them back together and about 3 years of separation...hope all is truly well between the two of them.

Wifey and I saw them a few years back, with Joan Jett as the opener, and THEY ROCK! Go and have a BLAST!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 14, 2019 22:38

The oh damn we're running out of cash tour... thanks
Thanks

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 15, 2019 00:27

Saw Heart in Abbotsford (near Vancouver) a couple years ago with Joan Jett opening. A good concert, liked Joan more since she played a lot of rocking tunes while Heart did a lot of ballads. Joan is great as an opener, play about an hour of hits then off. Also saw her several years ago opening for Aerosmith.
I see they're not playing Vancouver but they're playing the Tacomadome, pretty big venue for them. I thought they might play the amphitheatre that is in Seattle, can't remember the name of it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 15, 2019 00:29

They really had a few nice songs back in the '70's, and were a mainstay of every rock station, but their '80's stuff is pretty bad.
Don't think I can muster up enough excitement to ever go see them, but glad they the put their differences aside especially considering they're sisters.

Date: February 15, 2019 00:37

DGA35
Saw Heart in Abbotsford (near Vancouver) a couple years ago with Joan Jett opening. A good concert, liked Joan more since she played a lot of rocking tunes while Heart did a lot of ballads. Joan is great as an opener, play about an hour of hits then off. Also saw her several years ago opening for Aerosmith.
I see they're not playing Vancouver but they're playing the Tacomadome, pretty big venue for them. I thought they might play the amphitheatre that is in Seattle, can't remember the name of it.

Tacoma Dome does seem ambitious... and not a venue I am very fond of.
White River Amphitheater would have been a better choice I think..
Or anywhere near Vancouver.. cool smiley
Going to watch tix for a couple shows on Stubhub and perhaps hit Vegas or the amphitheater near Portland.

Another Seattle local, Brandi Carlile is opening on some shows earlier in the tour, saw her at Hardly Strictly festival a few years ago and enjoyed it very much. Joan Jett I've not seen before, and also would be fun.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: February 15, 2019 00:48

Nancy said that she was excited about Heart reuniting because of offers on the table. I guess she got over it for the sake of money.

Date: February 15, 2019 00:55

One good thing about Heart, man can Ann Wilson belt out the Zeppelin tunes! So many great vids on Youtube. Also, Nancy singing Elton's Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters.
When I saw Joan first open for Aerosmith, I thought yeah I know a couple of her tunes but I pretty much knew every song she played. Again, lots of good vids on Youtube.
I got Brandi and Belinda Carlisle mixed up! I thought it would be good to hear some Go Go's tunes!
I wish Vancouver had an amphitheatre. There is one at the PNE that holds about 7000 or so but I'm not sure if it is used at all other than during the fair.

Date: February 15, 2019 01:05

might check this tour out

Date: February 15, 2019 02:58

sorry for messy earlier post. was on an IV typing on my phone one handed. i think Nancy took a hit when she was scheduled to open whole Bob Seger & he rescheduled the whole thing. The Record Company opening now. Despite kind of dumb name, they aren't bad. saw them on tv last night.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 15, 2019 03:02

ummm.......no

Date: February 15, 2019 03:03

crholmstrom
sorry for messy earlier post. was on an IV typing on my phone one handed. i think Nancy took a hit when she was scheduled to open whole Bob Seger & he rescheduled the whole thing. The Record Company opening now. Despite kind of dumb name, they aren't bad. saw them on tv last night.

Hadn't heard she was scheduled to open...
Saw The Record Company open for Seger in Vancouver, and was quite impressed.
Had the place rockin', lead singer/instrumentalist Chris Vos is quite talented.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: February 15, 2019 03:12

Joan jett opening. Another reason not to go

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 15, 2019 04:41

Cooltoplady

I like Joan Jett, but we're getting Sheryl Crow in St. Louis. I like her but seen her so many times since she's from MO...

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: February 15, 2019 05:52

Hell ya, I'm going twice. Love Heart... Love Nancy's riffs...

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: February 15, 2019 06:17

mickjagger1009

What riffs. She strums an acoustic.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 15, 2019 06:58

Funny, I just watched their performance of Kick It Out from a few years ago on Letterman with Foo Fighters and thought "huh, wonder if they'll ever get over that whole issue with them." Was never a big Heart fan, but knew about that whole breakup and sad for them. They had some good songs, and I do really love this version of Kick It Out. And nothing not to love about a woman that can play some guitar and another that has a fantastic voice.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 15, 2019 14:36

mickjagger1009

And other things..... See the "Never" video. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Seen them several times since 1977. Good, solid show. I really like the song "Love Alive", too.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: February 15, 2019 20:27

Time wounds all heels.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 15, 2019 21:26

RollingFreak
Funny, I just watched their performance of Kick It Out from a few years ago on Letterman with Foo Fighters and thought "huh, wonder if they'll ever get over that whole issue with them." Was never a big Heart fan, but knew about that whole breakup and sad for them. They had some good songs, and I do really love this version of Kick It Out. And nothing not to love about a woman that can play some guitar and another that has a fantastic voice.

[www.youtube.com]
Ann is one of the best female rock vocalist's of all time and this clip proves it !

Date: February 15, 2019 21:33

Would prefer to see them open the Seattle show than some unknown (to me) band to be honest.

They could get the hometown crowd warmed up.

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: February 17, 2019 22:29

Heart is one of my favorite live shows. Ann's voice is awesome, and I love Nancy's riffs, but the harmonies between the sister are great... if you're into harmonies, which I am. I also like the variety of the music. You get a nice mix of classic rock, good 80's pop rock, and beautiful ballads and acoustic music. Then some times Nancy will play an acoustic on a rock song. They have lot of quick rockers that Nancy plays tele on that sound very "Stonesy" to me, very Some Girls era Stones. People often make the Led Zeppelin comparisons, but they often remind of the Stones on their quick numbers... Kick It Out, Even It Up, Little Queen, Bebe le Strange, etc.

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: February 18, 2019 13:16

Cooltoplady

Then you don't "love rock an' roll"?

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: February 18, 2019 18:48

If they put the original band back together, I'd be interested.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 18, 2019 19:48

They should cover "Fight,"
and have that big cartoon anime humpin' gal.
come on girls, work it out.
hot stuff

Date: February 18, 2019 23:14

Javadave

I'm sure 99% of the fans don't know who was in the original band back in the 70's. They did reunite when Heart was inducted into the r'n'r hall of fame a few years back. Guitarist Howard Leese now plays with Paul Rodgers/Bad Co.

I must have mentioned this in another thread, but Heart played at a high school dance in my home town in the early 70s. They would have been living in Vancouver at the time pre-Dreamboat Annie. My sister says she remembers them playing Zeppelin songs.

Date: February 19, 2019 00:02

DGA35
Javadave

I'm sure 99% of the fans don't know who was in the original band back in the 70's. They did reunite when Heart was inducted into the r'n'r hall of fame a few years back. Guitarist Howard Leese now plays with Paul Rodgers/Bad Co.

I must have mentioned this in another thread, but Heart played at a high school dance in my home town in the early 70s. They would have been living in Vancouver at the time pre-Dreamboat Annie. My sister says she remembers them playing Zeppelin songs.

Howard also plays in "Raiding the Rock Vault" in Vegas. I spilt a drink on him back in the day. >grinning smiley<

Date: March 8, 2019 03:50

Funny video of Ann describing opening for the Stones in '78, and a bit of a diva moment re Mick
(and his trousers) cool smiley

[twitter.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 8, 2019 05:51

I may go, but a last minute thing. The best sister act out there now IMHO is First Aid Kit. They covered Crazy on You last winter when I saw them. Totally kick ass.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1561
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home