Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Classic Keef in Daily Mail
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 14, 2019 20:02

runrudolph
keefriff99
35love
Ya it is good he doesn’t do iPhone otherwise his hands would cramp up. Can’t read the darn things anyway.
Go Keef.
He would have a bitch of a time navigating the screens with those nodules in his fingertips.

do you think you are funny, keefriff99???
if you think you are, i wish you those fingers
I was NOT making a joke. I don't think he would find using an iPhone easy with the condition his fingers are in.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 14, 2019 20:04

keefriff99
runrudolph
keefriff99
35love
Ya it is good he doesn’t do iPhone otherwise his hands would cramp up. Can’t read the darn things anyway.
Go Keef.
He would have a bitch of a time navigating the screens with those nodules in his fingertips.

I was NOT making a joke. I don't think he would find using an iPhone easy with the condition his fingers are in.

ok, cool
Jeroen

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 14, 2019 20:25

Love it.. thanks for posting.

Reminds me of the interview with Ronnie and Charlie where he mockingly said "Oh, Keith wrote that did he??" re a text or social media post. Can't recall exactly and too lazy to look up.. but one of Charlie's funnier lines.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 14, 2019 20:35

keefriff99
runrudolph
keefriff99
35love
Go Keef.

he clearly wants nothing to do with phones of any kind..!

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: February 14, 2019 21:57

keefriff99
runrudolph
keefriff99
35love
Go Keef.

Keith's fingers are the price he has paid for his career/job. He's been compensated quite handsomely and has access to the finest health-care, drugs, therapy etc. that money can buy....so, I don't feel bad for him in the slightest

RunRudolf - you do realize that wishing ill-will as "karma" is bad karma for you, right?

cosmic.

Date: February 14, 2019 22:04

stickyfingers101
keefriff99
runrudolph
keefriff99
35love
Go Keef.

Keith's fingers are the price he has paid for his career/job. He's been compensated quite handsomely and has access to the finest health-care, drugs, therapy etc. that money can buy....so, I don't feel bad for him in the slightest

RunRudolf - you do realize that wishing ill-will as "karma" is bad karma for you, right?

cosmic.
Not necessarily. There are plenty of guitarists his age whose fingers are still relatively supple and aren't deformed (Clapton, Townshend, Gilmour, etc.).

He just had the bad luck to have that particular health condition...and I do feel bad for him because his fingers are his livelihood. He obviously can still play but it's a cruel trick to have your body betray you in that way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-14 22:07 by keefriff99.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 14, 2019 22:31

stickyfingers101
keefriff99
runrudolph
keefriff99
35love
Go Keef.

cosmic.

i guess this has nothing to do with you Salty Fingers

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 14, 2019 23:02

I thought Keith’s hands have looked rehabbed. I do not like medical details nor is it my biz but gold rings on ya Keith Richards.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 14, 2019 23:25

Keith's fingers
Beethoven went deaf …..
Johnny Ace shoulda checked the barrel
Hank's last single was I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive
Jackie Wilson's collapsed into a coma while singing... My heart is crying..crying....

Strange things happen ……………..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 15, 2019 00:10

keefriff99
stickyfingers101
keefriff99
runrudolph
keefriff99
35love
Go Keef.

cosmic.
Not necessarily. There are plenty of guitarists his age whose fingers are still relatively supple and aren't deformed (Clapton, Townshend, Gilmour, etc.).

He just had the bad luck to have that particular health condition...and I do feel bad for him because his fingers are his livelihood. He obviously can still play but it's a cruel trick to have your body betray you in that way.

Keith no longer wears the skull ring due to the inflamed and gnarled arthritic fingers. And while he still can play, clearly the arthritis has been an increasing hindrance to how and what he plays.
I have very minor arthritis in my wrist due to a fracture from skateboarding when I was younger - it only occasionally becomes painful when I lift too much stuff and/or in very cold weather and then I'll wear a wrist brace.
Those things tend to catch up with you as you grow older, but in no way is it as bad as Keith's. And while I still enjoy playing guitar, it's definitely not as easy as it used to be...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-15 00:11 by Hairball.

Date: February 15, 2019 00:52

Hairball do you know for a fact that is why Keith took off the skull ring?
Your reason is a guess.
For all we know, he donated it to the Smithsonian.
There are ways and means health wise to find solutions/live with me alternatives.
More gold rings on Keith!

Date: February 15, 2019 02:21

Hairball
keefriff99
stickyfingers101
keefriff99
runrudolph
keefriff99
35love
Go Keef.

cosmic.

Keith no longer wears the skull ring due to the inflamed and gnarled arthritic fingers. And while he still can play, clearly the arthritis has been an increasing hindrance to how and what he plays.
I have very minor arthritis in my wrist due to a fracture from skateboarding when I was younger - it only occasionally becomes painful when I lift too much stuff and/or in very cold weather and then I'll wear a wrist brace.
Those things tend to catch up with you as you grow older, but in no way is it as bad as Keith's. And while I still enjoy playing guitar, it's definitely not as easy as it used to be...
For sure...I'm just saying that, theoretically, his condition could have been so severe that it rendered him unable to play at all. He (and we as fans) are lucky that he can still play as well as he can given the state of his fingers.

No one knows how his fingers feel except for him. Someone here mentioned that the Heberden's nodes that Keith has can eventually be painless, but the loss of motion is significant.

[www.verywellhealth.com]

Date: February 15, 2019 02:28

Plus, we don't know how much of his deteriorated playing is due to his fingers, and how much is due to loss of reflexes, response time, mental acuity due to a lifetime of substance abuse.

We all love Keith. He's still capable of being incredibly witty and sharp in interviews, but all you have to do is watch and listen to him to know his lifestyle has taken a toll.

Not nearly as severe as others (Ozzy), but still. Just compare him to Mick, who has taken his health seriously for several decades. The difference is stark, and no accident.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-15 02:29 by keefriff99.

Date: February 15, 2019 05:26

Yes keefriffhard, Keith's far from what he used to be for a variety of reasons, but glad he's still here and doing what he loves.
At 75 yr's old and surviving everything he's been through (alcohol and drugs, head injury, arthritis, etc)...hats off to him, and long live Keith!

Date: February 15, 2019 05:29

35love
Your reason is a guess.
There are ways and means health wise to find solutions/live with me alternatives.

Not a guess - a member here had mentioned it after talking to Keith's guitar tech during the tour.

Re: Keith curates Mojo Magazine - april 2019
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 15, 2019 10:51

diverseharmonics
Sorry maybe a bit harsh but there it is. Tired of this BS.

....and yet, here you are

Rod

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 15, 2019 11:49

Keith is and always has been ace! He is flawed of course, like everyone else.

Long live Keith!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 15, 2019 12:04

I do wonder how many hours he spent "curating" this number though...

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 15, 2019 12:25

Stoneage
I do wonder how many hours he spent "curating" this number though...

Probably about the same as me!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 15, 2019 12:59

35love
Your reason is a guess.

Keith has stated a few times that his fingers don't hurt him any more, (Heberden’s Nodes) they probably hurt like hell when arthritis initially struck and they began to form, so basically they just get in the way of things these days, things like rings and fret boards, strings etc.
Keith's fingers obviously move OK or he would have had them operated on and he wouldn't be able to tour.
So he has been fortunate considering.
I think his fingers look better recently, maybe he has had something done, hence he plays things like SFTD so much better, that and being sober winking smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 15, 2019 13:10

Once again great photo. Actually I didn’t realize his fingers were that long.

Date: February 15, 2019 17:47

Maindefender
That's from an older photo shoot, I believe...2-3 years ago at least.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 15, 2019 18:24

keefriff99
Maindefender
That's from an older photo shoot, I believe...2-3 years ago at least.

You think his fingers got shorter??.....haha just joking. Stateside I have to wait a while for this issue, they usually indicate photo shoot date.

Date: February 17, 2019 00:30

“Rolling Stones Riffmaster and closet polymath Keith Richards...”
Mojo

From Polymath Society International:
. A polymath is not necessarily a brain. In fact, a polymath usually does not think of his or herself as being particularly smart, only curious.
The polymath strives to preserve consciousness. It is the mind in control of emotions, but also the genuine integration of feelings and sensibilities with thought, so the polymath is also a poet, a composer, an artist, or a novelist perhaps.

“The heart of a fool is in his mouth, but the mouth of a wise man is in his heart."Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard, 1733

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 17, 2019 02:59

bitusa2012
diverseharmonics

I feel this. But what needs to happen now is another great mini tour and a good new album. Doesn't have to be great just a good album with 1/2 standout tracks.
Then a farewell concert in my garden in Barnet, UK.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: February 17, 2019 03:03

bitusa2012
diverseharmonics

I said tired....not done...

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: February 17, 2019 03:06

exhpart
bitusa2012
diverseharmonics

I feel this. But what needs to happen now is another great mini tour and a good new album. Doesn't have to be great just a good album with 1/2 standout tracks.
Then a farewell concert in my garden in Barnet, UK.
MUST be a great album...just OK or half-good won't do it this time. Not for the last one. But I understand how even a couple of solid tracks would be acceptable to a lot of fans after this LOOOOOOOONG time of waiting. Ultimately you may be right anyhow...

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 17, 2019 05:00

Bastion
dcba
Stoneage
Too much nostalgia for me.

Well that's not the editors' fault if the truly interesting pop/rock music blossomed between (roughly) 1965 and 1980.
That's the sad irony we live in : there's never been as many bands as there are today but there's very little good new music to grab. Whereas it was the opposite in the 60's/70's 'fewer bands better music).

Ridiculously untrue.

Ridiculous comment, Bastion, if you're into rock -- if hip hop is your thing, well then: to each his own...

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: February 17, 2019 07:44

Different Front Cover's ?. My copy arrived on Friday. The same photo as posted in the initial post but no other text or images on the cover other than 'Mojo the music magazine'. A thing of beauty that I will probably frame.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 17, 2019 11:40

35love
“Rolling Stones Riffmaster and closet polymath Keith Richards...”
Mojo

From Polymath Society International:
. A polymath is not necessarily a brain. In fact, a polymath usually does not think of his or herself as being particularly smart, only curious.
The polymath strives to preserve consciousness. It is the mind in control of emotions, but also the genuine integration of feelings and sensibilities with thought, so the polymath is also a poet, a composer, an artist, or a novelist perhaps.

“The heart of a fool is in his mouth, but the mouth of a wise man is in his heart."Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard, 1733

"Preserve consciousness"

Umm, erm, ah, nevermind.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1971
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home