Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Opening Acts - No Filter 2019
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 22, 2019 20:37

Get the Black Keys.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 22, 2019 20:48

Get Iggy.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: May 22, 2019 20:55

Get Peter Wolf

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: May 22, 2019 20:58

Kurt
Get Iggy.

I would love that!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 22, 2019 21:20

Mighty Mighty Bosstones (In Boston please)

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: May 22, 2019 21:51

More Hot Rocks
WelshEdge1
shadooby
Greta Van Fleet.

No thanks

No thanks again

The only benefit to them is that they'd give me more time to get to the show, as I wouldn't need to hear a single note.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 22, 2019 22:58

After Rascal Flats at Indy in '15...ANYTHING would be better.

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: May 23, 2019 22:52

Less than a month until tour, figure some announcements have got to be coming relatively soon, no?

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: May 23, 2019 23:05

Any word from people who know some stuff the general public don't know?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 24, 2019 16:45

Foreigner

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 24, 2019 17:22

I would take Rascal Flats over Kid Rock any day of the week.

Date: May 24, 2019 17:27

I have seen kid rock many times. And will go again and again

He puts on a great show.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 24, 2019 19:20

Part of me really wants to find out the openers, and the other part of me doesn't care at all.
It could be something really great, or it could be Hootie and the Blowfish.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 24, 2019 19:27

Buddy Guy for Chicago almost seems maybe too obvious. Were within a month now....

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 24, 2019 20:29

TumblinDice76
Buddy Guy for Chicago almost seems maybe too obvious. Were within a month now....
I already considered this and looked at his tour schedule, it ain't going to happen.
[www.pollstar.com]

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: May 24, 2019 20:39

Zac Brown Band had been announced for Jacksonville on 4-24...

I noticed on their website that they have days off around the new 7-19 date for Jacksonville. Maybe still slotted for this show?

Anyone else hoping for some heavy rock openers for some of these shows?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 24, 2019 20:52

TKinOH
Zac Brown Band had been announced for Jacksonville on 4-24...

I noticed on their website that they have days off around the new 7-19 date for Jacksonville. Maybe still slotted for this show?

Anyone else hoping for some heavy rock openers for some of these shows?

I'm going to J'ville and would prefer someone a little more"Stonesy" than ZBB

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: May 24, 2019 23:00

sort of hoping they just grab some good local bands to open in each town rather then some over blown opening act that could headline themselves. It could also save on the budget. The Chicago band Twin Peaks would be nice to see, especially at a mega venue. Check out the song "I Wanted You" by Twin Peaks or "Walk to the one you Love", both great tunes.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 25, 2019 00:22

TumblinDice76

Buddy Guy is away from Chicago on tour during the time the Stones play their two
dates in Chicago.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: May 25, 2019 17:23

jumpontopofmebaby

He puts on a great show.

I saw him open for the Stones during The Zip code tour. I had to leave during the first song and wait till he finished before i went back to my seat. I just cant watch someone that doesn't wash their hair or bath. Must be a female thing with me. The guy is gross.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 29, 2019 10:48

i'm sure this concept has been posted before & it will never happen but i wish the stones would do "an evening with" type shows. 2 sets, with say a half hour break between them. it would enable them to maybe stretch the setlists a little, maybe a nice blues set somewhere in there. that being said, curious that openers haven't been announced yet. especially with some of the shows still having plenty of tickets available. i really hope the openers are decent this time. i'd say i'm about 50/50 on openers. i've seen some great ones (j geils, peter tosh, susan tedeschi) & some not so good ones (third eye blind, eddie money, dave matthews). we shall soon see.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 29, 2019 11:16

Pearl Jam for Seattle,please.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 29, 2019 12:27

Midnight Toker
Pearl Jam for Seattle,please.

that would work, haha. looks like eddie's tour is done a month before the stones show. i went to show 2 last year in seattle. it was phenomenal. picked the right night on that one.

Date: May 29, 2019 18:29

Zip Code didn't have some openers announced until days before the show, if I remember correctly... Someone here can confirm that for me.

I prefer heavier and louder bands, so I don't see that happening for my tastes...
Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised!

Date: May 29, 2019 18:43

Cooltoplady
jumpontopofmebaby

He puts on a great show.

I saw him open for the Stones during The Zip code tour. I had to leave during the first song and wait till he finished before i went back to my seat. I just cant watch someone that doesn't wash their hair or bath. Must be a female thing with me. The guy is gross.

Then you missed a great show!

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: May 29, 2019 18:52

Cooltoplady
I just cant watch someone that doesn't wash their hair or bath. Must be a female thing with me. The guy is gross.

Ironic. This, in a nutshell, was the public perception of another well-known band in the early 1960s.

Brian Jones could never understand it, since in reality he washed his hair multiple times per day.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 30, 2019 20:00

mickschix
My ticket JUST ARRIVED by UPS 2 minutes ago so NOW I'm JAZZED!! When will they announce who the opening acts will be for each show? The last time I saw the Stones at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts Kanye opened for them and he was HORRIBLE! Was anyone else at that show...if so, what did YOU think? The show was amazing and included " SWAY" so my set list dream came true. PLEASE MICK, no RAP ARTISTS as openers this time around!

I was at that show, MicksChix, and while I'm no fan of Kanye's, I actually felt bad for him for just how badly he was booed the entire time he performed. I found it rather uninviting of Stones fans. I was happy to hear Jesus Walks though, as I do like that song.

On a separate note, I've always found their choices in opening acts to be hit or miss. My first show in Foxboro in '97 had Sheryl Crow, and back then I didn't like her, but would later come to like her and so was glad I'd seen her. The Black Eyed Peas I now love because I saw them open at Fenway and that was my first exposure to them. Same with St. Paul in Buffalo a few years back. Beck is one of my faves, so I loved him in Hershey. Alice Cooper in Churchill was great. But then there are others like the Goo Goo's, The Strokes (I think that was their name on the 40 Licks tour), Alanis Morrisette (I actually didn't even arrive early enough to watch I dislike so much), Kanye. Would love to see more of the upcoming not yet completely popular - Moon Taxi, Against the Current, etc. Or maybe a Reggae artist or two.

Date: May 30, 2019 20:52

Only 3 weeks 'til opening night, so I'm sure we'll be hearing some news soon...

I figure Zac Brown Band might still play in Jacksonville, their schedule is open around the new date of 7-19.

I look forward to the variety of bands The Stones seem to book on the last few tours, even though my ears like it loud!

The halcyon days of Van Halen, Metallica and Motley Crue getting the gig are gone, but sometimes an old flock like me wishes for a reprise! Maybe I'll catch a loud break!

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: May 30, 2019 20:56

The halcyon days of Van Halen, Metallica and Motley Crue getting the gig are gone, but sometimes an old flock like me wishes for a reprise!

A Flock of Seagulls?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-30 20:56 by reg thorpe.

Date: May 31, 2019 00:53

An old mother f%^&er like me...

My ringin' ears need it loud!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2115
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home