Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Opening Acts - No Filter 2019
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 6, 2019 09:26

mosthigh
Nice POTR in Seattle. I can't help wonder if they were slated to open for The Stones on May 22, the day after Neil & POTR played at The Paramount. Maybe Neil scheduled his Seattle & Eugene shows so POTR could play on the day off. The prospect of Neil playing with POTR while opening for The Stones wouldn't have been out of the question...ah well,,.can only speculate now...

you never know. neil seems to spend a fair amount of time in the northwest. i don't know if it's still the case but he had a lovely sail boat that he kept in the san juan islands for years.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 6, 2019 10:11

Interesting that last year’s U.K. and European shows had some well-known and popular acts, yet this North American leg features acts and artists whom I’ve, largely, never heard of. I only know of Gary Clark through his performances as a guest and I’ve heard of Ivan Neville. I’m wondering if this lineup represents what is currently popular stateside?

Date: June 6, 2019 10:28

Big Al
Interesting that last year’s U.K. and European shows had some well-known and popular acts, yet this North American leg features acts and artists whom I’ve, largely, never heard of. I only know of Gary Clark through his performances as a guest and I’ve heard of Ivan Neville. I’m wondering if this lineup represents what is currently popular stateside?

there's a lot of up & coming acts on the list. i've heard of & heard most. there's a few i haven't. everything seems to be at least interesting for a short set. i love Promise of the Real. Lukas Nelson sounds like a young version of his dad vocally & they are quite good musicians. they definitely rock! i've seen them back Neil Young twice & they were great. last show they did 1 of their songs with neil in the band. they also did 1 of Micah Nelson's (Particle Kid) songs. both were fun.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 6, 2019 13:12

Just checked out Kaleo, wow good soulful songs. Saw St Paul in Buffalo 2015, they were a great opening act maybe the best I’ve seen for a Stones show.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 6, 2019 13:18

with POTR as openers the boys better be in top shape..

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: June 6, 2019 14:03

We'll see Whiskey Myers next week at a free street fest, so we can make up our minds then about seeing them again.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 6, 2019 21:32

Acts I've never heard of for the shows I'll be going to eye rolling smiley

...well at least I don't have to sit through Gary Clark Jr. againgrinning smiley

Date: June 7, 2019 03:58

i'd like to see Lukas Nelson play with the Stones. the man definitely has the chops. POTR are definitely on the rise. the song they played with neil from the upcoming album was very good. maybe a nice cover of dad's "nighttime" would be good.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 22, 2019 02:50

Who's opening up tonight in Chicago?

Posted by: gagiwh ()
Date: June 22, 2019 02:55

hopkins

St. Paul & the Broken Bones

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.rs]

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: July 9, 2019 13:32

gagiwh
hopkins

St. Paul & the Broken Bones

I loved their rendition of "I've Been Loving You" in Chicago1

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: July 10, 2019 04:40

New Orleans definitely wins the Opening Act contest

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 10, 2019 05:01

SecondSet
New Orleans definitely wins the Opening Act contest

Out of the two "sons of legends" opening acts, I'd have to give the nod to Lucas Nelson & POTR to be honest. No disrespect to Ivan Neville but just watched his set from JF from a few years ago and not impressed, unfortunately.

It will be interesting to see if either of them rise to Gary Clark Jr status and are invited to guest on a song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-10 05:18 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: July 10, 2019 05:50

And I'm not particularly impressed by Lucas. In any event, the core of Ivan's band is his rhythm section.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home