Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Opening Acts - No Filter 2019
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 5, 2019 17:09

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: June 5, 2019 17:30

Tyler Childers or Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats!!!!

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: June 5, 2019 17:36

And there you have it...Rateliff & The Night Sweats opening for the Stones in Denver!

Date: June 5, 2019 18:16

Good for Lucas and POTR!

The crowd will like them

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 5, 2019 18:20

Yawn. Mostly third rate acts. I guess they are trying to appeal to younger audiences? I remember all the great opening acts they had in the tours from 1994 to 2007. I won't bother trying to get to the stadium early for any of this lot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-05 19:05 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: June 5, 2019 18:22

Lukas & POTR!
Revitalists!
Ivan & Dumpstaphunk in NOLA will be great!

Date: June 5, 2019 18:26

Got my wish for NOLA
Ivan & Dumpstaphunk

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: June 5, 2019 18:29

Would have liked to have seen POTR in Chicago. Anyone know anything about StP or Whiskey Myers? Worth getting in early for?

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: June 5, 2019 18:39

Going to see Bishop Gunn warm up tonight for Marcus King Band in Brooklyn.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: June 5, 2019 18:47

the Wombats. Never heard of them.

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: June 5, 2019 19:02

Yawn.

Date: June 5, 2019 19:03

Madcap
Would have liked to have seen POTR in Chicago. Anyone know anything about StP or Whiskey Myers? Worth getting in early for?

Whiskey Myers worth it

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 5, 2019 19:07

jumpontopofmebaby
Madcap

Whiskey Myers worth it

StP opened in Buffalo 2015...
Otis/Blues Brothers feel going on = worth it

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 5, 2019 19:24

WOW! We got GARY CLARK JR!!! The best of them all!!! I've JAZZED! I saw him in 2013 when he opened for the Boys in Boston and I loved him. Since then I've heard a lot of his solo material and he is Top Shelf! I'm a Happy Camper!!hot smiley

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 5, 2019 19:27

mickschix
WOW! We got GARY CLARK JR!!! The best of them all!!! I've JAZZED! I saw him in 2013 when he opened for the Boys in Boston and I loved him. Since then I've heard a lot of his solo material and he is Top Shelf! I'm a Happy Camper!!hot smiley

I like him too but not sure how his sound will come across in a stadium. I guess we will see.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 5, 2019 19:31

The only two openers worth a damn are Lukas Nelson and Gary Clark Jr.......neither of which are at my shows! Oh well.....

<edit>

Nathaniel Ratelife & The Nightsweats were great at Bottle Rock.

I'm going to Chicago #1, Santa Clara and Santa Barbara and never heard of any of the openers LOL!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-05 23:35 by Woz.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 5, 2019 19:32

jumpontopofmebaby
Madcap

Whiskey Myers worth it

I just posted about them in the main tour thread,Chicago are in for a surprise.
I saw Whiskey Meyers a few months ago thinking they were a country band and walked away calling them Lynyrd Zeppelin.
One of the best new bands I’ve heard in years.
Tyler Childers is also amazing but I don’t know how he’ll do in a stadium in front of a crowd that doesn’t know him but he’s really talented,kids like a young Bob Dylan.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 5, 2019 19:51

lem motlow
jumpontopofmebaby

Whiskey Myers worth it

I just posted about them in the main tour thread,Chicago are in for a surprise.
I saw Whiskey Meyers a few months ago thinking they were a country band and walked away calling them Lynyrd Zeppelin.
One of the best new bands I’ve heard in years.
Tyler Childers is also amazing but I don’t know how he’ll do in a stadium in front of a crowd that doesn’t know him but he’s really talented,kids like a young Bob Dylan.
Just watched a couple vids.. not heard of them but they look good!
Also.... cool smiley

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: June 5, 2019 19:59

where are you seeing Tyler Childers is an opening act?

Date: June 5, 2019 20:01

two4fun111
where are you seeing Tyler Childers is an opening act?

Am I missing something too?
Why are we talking about Tyler Childers here?
confused smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 5, 2019 20:19

Aw shit,sorry guys. A friend told me Tyler might be doing a couple of shows with the Stones and I didn’t look at the schedule close enough just assuming he was on it.
My bad.
I don’t know some of the acts on there either but knowing the quality of the ones I do know makes me want to check out the others.
Hats off to the Stones for picking real musicians instead of radio garbage.

Date: June 5, 2019 20:24

lem motlow
Aw shit,sorry guys. A friend told me Tyler might be doing a couple of shows with the Stones and I didn’t look at the schedule close enough just assuming he was on it.
My bad.
I don’t know some of the acts on there either but knowing the quality of the ones I do know makes me want to check out the others.
Hats off to the Stones for picking real musicians instead of radio garbage.

smileys with beer

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: June 6, 2019 04:03

Nice POTR in Seattle. I can't help wonder if they were slated to open for The Stones on May 22, the day after Neil & POTR played at The Paramount. Maybe Neil scheduled his Seattle & Eugene shows so POTR could play on the day off. The prospect of Neil playing with POTR while opening for The Stones wouldn't have been out of the question...ah well,,.can only speculate now...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 6, 2019 04:51

TornAndFried
mickschix

I like him too but not sure how his sound will come across in a stadium. I guess we will see.

Saw him open at the San Diego Zip Code opener in '15 - average.
He did come back on stage and guest on Bitch, but that was also average.
All and all, nice choice for an opener - could have been much worse - maybe he'll guest again on a tune.

Date: June 6, 2019 04:52

mosthigh
Nice POTR in Seattle. I can't help wonder if they were slated to open for The Stones on May 22, the day after Neil & POTR played at The Paramount. Maybe Neil scheduled his Seattle & Eugene shows so POTR could play on the day off. The prospect of Neil playing with POTR while opening for The Stones wouldn't have been out of the question...ah well,,.can only speculate now...

Was wondering the same.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 6, 2019 05:27

mosthigh

Tough to say.. I'm betting Neil would have let Lucas and co have the whole spotlight.. but maybe not. Coin flip as well on whether they would have opened sandwiched in between their own headlining gigs. Be interesting to get info some day on the rescheduling of the support acts. Glad for the band either way they will be without Neil in a way.. better exposure for them I think.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 6, 2019 06:38

Hairball, so I see you're not impressed wit Gary Clark Jr....I think he's a perfect fit for the Stones as an opener....very bluesy, right in their wheelhouse! I saw him as their opener twice in Boston, as I mentioned, and he has a great sound....I think he's shy! I know that sounds funny but he was just on Saturday Night Live---SNL-- a few months ago and he's just not a real strutter but very solid. He has a brand new cd that I think I'll have to check out before July 7. I wonder too how he'll sound in that stadium, TornandFried... time will tell but all I know is that I am relieved after seeing the rest of the opening acts...mostly putrid!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 6, 2019 07:11

mickschix

I’m racking my brain, was there an opening act for the 2013 tour? I was at this wonderful show and it was great to see Gary Clark join the band on Going Down!!! Hoping he shows up on stage again in Foxboro.

Date: June 6, 2019 07:38

mickschix
Hairball, so I see you're not impressed wit Gary Clark Jr....I think he's a perfect fit for the Stones as an opener....very bluesy, right in their wheelhouse! I saw him as their opener twice in Boston, as I mentioned, and he has a great sound....I think he's shy! I know that sounds funny but he was just on Saturday Night Live---SNL-- a few months ago and he's just not a real strutter but very solid. He has a brand new cd that I think I'll have to check out before July 7. I wonder too how he'll sound in that stadium, TornandFried... time will tell but all I know is that I am relieved after seeing the rest of the opening acts...mostly putrid!

My reply was in response to TornAndFried's comment "not sure how his sound will come across in a stadium" - the San Diego '15 Zip Code show I saw him open for was at Petco Park - a massive baseball stadium.
I thought his set was average, and he didn't carry over well in such a large venue, but he might have been better in a much smaller/intimate arena or theater. His guess spot on Bitch was also nothing to write home about.
Saw him on SNL recently and thought the same - not bad, but not really great either....average. Again though, not a bad choice for an opener, and it could have been much worse - I'm sure you'll enjoy it considering how much you already like him. thumbs up

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 6, 2019 08:32

Happy out with POTR in Seattle, been itching to see them with Lucas fronting. I’ve only seen them with Neil.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1231
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home