Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Opening Acts - No Filter 2019
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 19, 2019 03:13

I recently saw Zac Brown in New Orleans. I didn't know much about him, wasn't a fan nor a hater (or whatever) but I was impressed. Damn good band, some great songs, great singer.

Should be good in Jacksonville, seeing that nothing else is there ala The Land Mass Between Georgia And Florida.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 26, 2019 01:52

Okay, when are we hearing about opening acts? We have got less than a month until the start of the tour!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 6, 2019 15:05

Fairly obvious now why more of the opening bands were never announced but now that the dates have been re-re-stacked...

Do you think that the official announcement of the revised schedule will include all the opening bands too?

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: May 13, 2019 18:47

Let us speculate about opening acts and when we will hear...

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 13, 2019 18:50

...it would be awesome if tomorrow's announcement included all of the scheduled opening acts too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-13 18:52 by Kurt.

Re: OPENING ACTS? WHEN WILL WE KNOW?
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 13, 2019 18:51

TKinOH
If Canada Rocks...

then I suggest April Wine and Pat Travers Band, or maybe even Tom Cochrane...

Checking band's itineraries, there are some big names that are off through that weekend, so we will see!

How bout Loverboy & Streetheart.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 13, 2019 20:40

babyblue
TKinOH
If Canada Rocks...

Checking band's itineraries, there are some big names that are off through that weekend, so we will see!

maybe some Nickelback, eh? i kid, i kid! >grinning smiley<

if the stones are looking for a new face for a opening act
Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: May 17, 2019 15:54

theres a group out of Mississippi, called bishop gunn,you might know who they are now but soon you will

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: May 17, 2019 18:20

babyblue
TKinOH
If Canada Rocks...

Canada Rocks has already been announced, The Glorious Sons and The Beaches

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: May 17, 2019 19:15

mickschix
I did see Gary Clark Jr on SNL...he's gotten very political which is fine with me as long as he opposes the current administration...

So he is unbearable in other words.

Why do these artists not get that they just help Trump when they spew their preachy crap? They helped get him elected last time. I guess they want 8 years.

Little hint leftie artists. Millions and millions of people can't stand you and you constant yapping just pushes them towards Trump who they don't like but like better than you.

See hippies and Nixon election 1972 to see how it works.

One thing I love about the Stones is they stay out of politics for the most part. They are there to entertain not preach.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-17 19:32 by stanlove.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: May 17, 2019 19:24

ThePaleRider
I nominate MIck Taylor and Carla oLson....

Mick Taylor is the best idea I have ever seen. Stones fans would love it. It is a win all the way round.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 17, 2019 21:15

erbissell

Yep, announced on 16-May-2019: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: May 18, 2019 00:23

Mick Taylor would be a great opening act. Maybe a short blues set.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 18, 2019 00:50

Stray Cats are playing in NYC on Aug. 6th the night after a NJ show. I'd love to see them open for them.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: May 18, 2019 20:50

I vote for them breaking out Lake Street Dive for openers. Wow.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: May 18, 2019 21:39

MidnightDevilRambler
I vote for them breaking out Lake Street Dive for openers. Wow.

they would be good. i saw them open for Neil Finn a few years ago & they were quite good. i still think drive-by truckers would be fantastic. last saturday i saw the 2 main truckers (pattterson hood & mike cooley) play a show as the dimmer twins (get it?). normally i'm not huge on acoustic shows but this was great. they've been playing together 34 years & could have a future in comedy if they wanted to get out of music

Posted by: Andrew ()
Date: May 19, 2019 01:34

I remember seeing a picture of Mick visiting Drive-By Truckers in the studio a few months ago. Perhaps they could open in Arizona or Houston? Whether a solo show or a full band performance, they do not disappoint.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 19, 2019 01:40

Andrew-Agree about DBT! They are a can't miss when thry come to town for me. If you look at Hood and Cooley's Dimmer Twins tour dates, they may have been slated to open a show or 2 when they Stones would have been out West on the original dates.

Posted by: Andrew ()
Date: May 19, 2019 01:58

I always thought Isbell was the best songwriter of the bunch while he was in DBT, but his last few albums have not done it for me. He is consistently a great guitar player and performer. Unfortunately, his crowds have been a real turn off the last couple of times that I saw him. A bunch of drunken frat bros with black fleece vests and Facist-Youth haircuts that tend to completely miss the meaning of his songs. Last time I saw him he launched into White Man's World and this asshat turns to his friends and says "White man, yeah! He is singing about me." Unfortunately, these tend to be the same idiots that think Born in the USA and Fortunate Son are about how great America is/was.

Apologies for the bitching. My Joe Ely show got canceled tonight due to rain.

Date: May 19, 2019 03:21

Andrew
I always thought Isbell was the best songwriter of the bunch while he was in DBT, but his last few albums have not done it for me. He is consistently a great guitar player and performer. Unfortunately, his crowds have been a real turn off the last couple of times that I saw him. A bunch of drunken frat bros with black fleece vests and Facist-Youth haircuts that tend to completely miss the meaning of his songs. Last time I saw him he launched into White Man's World and this asshat turns to his friends and says "White man, yeah! He is singing about me." Unfortunately, these tend to be the same idiots that think Born in the USA and Fortunate Son are about how great America is/was.

Apologies for the bitching. My Joe Ely show got canceled tonight due to rain.

sorry about joe! live at liberty lunch is an old favorite. back to dbt: patterson lives in portland now so we are getting a lot more dbt type stuff in seattle. dimmer twins did 2 way sold out shows. i'm sure the stones know patterson's dad (david) from muscle shoals days. & from traffic in the 70s. i've had a little email dialog with patterson. he's a great guy. definitely a lifer in music. they played a few new songs last saturday that were outstanding. its probably too last minute for them to open as they are always on the road. would be a nice shot for them though, a little more exposure.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 19, 2019 04:20

Glendale could use a boost in the sales department (understatement) so they should announce something soon for that, and make it a BIG one.
Might take another big name headliner to fill up that place...

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 19, 2019 04:59

J.J.Flash
mickschix
I actually think that the No Security Tour of 1999 had decent openers. That was they tour they had the Corrs & John Maher...of course going WAY BACK to '72 they had " Little" Stevie Wonder and in '75 they had the Outlaws,& Bobby Womack to name just a couple. In '78 they had Foreigner and Peter Tosh. I do agree that they really don't need an opening act...I'd be happier to see them perform longer with about 26 songs per show! With a catalog like theirs they could do a mini acoustic set! Dreaming.....I know!

We got the GooGoo Dolls for NO Security. Not too bad I guess.

I'll have to ask Robbie about that tour next time I'm at his house.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: May 19, 2019 15:54

erbissell
babyblue
TKinOH
If Canada Rocks...

Son of a Beach

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 20, 2019 00:10

I would have suggested First Aid Kit but they just cancelled their tour due to illness.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: May 20, 2019 00:50

Greta Van Fleet.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: May 20, 2019 00:55

shadooby
Greta Van Fleet.

No thanks

Posted by: MysteryTour84 ()
Date: May 22, 2019 18:00

Did anyone see that Taj Mahal is playing with the Blind Boys of Alabama on the 15th a day after he Seattle show?

Possible opener?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 22, 2019 18:25

MysteryTour84
Did anyone see that Taj Mahal is playing with the Blind Boys of Alabama on the 15th a day after he Seattle show?

Possible opener?
Doubtful for an opener.. but a good time at the zoo for those from out of town who are still here!
Side note- Mick did show up at a Taj show I was at (B2B era) once(!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-22 18:27 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Delta ()
Date: May 22, 2019 20:08

The War and Treaty should open for the Stones.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 22, 2019 20:29

WelshEdge1
shadooby
Greta Van Fleet.

No thanks

No thanks again

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2243
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home