Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Belated RIP James Wilsey, Wicked Games guitarist
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 11, 2019 18:20

Interesting read regarding Wilsey and his playing with Chris Isaak and others, love of Hank Marvin's sound, California punk scene, an obsession with the Stones music and much more. Some cool sounds in the videos of him on YouTube.

[rhythms.com.au]

Re: OT: Belated RIP James Wilsey, Wicked Games guitarist
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 11, 2019 20:12

Very sad story which reminds me of the last "days" (months actually) of another giant musician of the "Americana" genre : Jeffrey Lee Pierce.

I hope his kid will be able to live on the performing rights of "Wicked Games" which must generate a nice inflow of money.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: February 12, 2019 00:18

dcba
Very sad story which reminds me of the last "days" (months actually) of another giant musician of the "Americana" genre : Jeffrey Lee Pierce.

I hope his kid will be able to live on the performing rights of "Wicked Games" which must generate a nice inflow of money.

Maybe if it's used in films, otherwise there's not much to be made in the streaming era. That article was a little too detailed. Why interview a long ago former teen girlfriend from St. Louis? He may have moved to San Francisco for a reason, at least at that time. He did come up with some nice guitar hooks for Chris Isaak.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 12, 2019 02:04

I remember the first time hearing Wicked Game and was immediately in love with the sound of that guitar.
Bought the cassette, and it was all good...will have to dig it back up in honor of James Calvin Wilsey.
RIP.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home