Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12
Re: Burl's Creek Ontario Canada 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: February 12, 2019 20:38

in the begining it was only 1000 lucky dip ticket pairs, i took LD for Staples 2013, San Diego 2015, and now for Pasadena.

Always this sale starts at time of General Public Sale and it is announced a pair of hours before.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 12, 2019 20:45

rogerriffin
in the begining it was only 1000 lucky dip ticket pairs, i took LD for Staples 2013, San Diego 2015, and now for Pasadena.

Always this sale starts at time of General Public Sale and it is announced a pair of hours before.

Yup.
And $85 a pair as I recall.
They've actually come down in price over the years cool smiley

Not so certain the overall amount has changed however.
Last years No Filter being somewhat of an anomaly with so many stadiums geographically close to each other. Was a lot of seats to fill (which they did) but prior to that,it was very rare to see a second drop of Lucky Dips..

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 12, 2019 20:55

rogerriffin

Same here - Staples 13 I was dealt nosebleeds, but magically maneuvered down to lower loge and much closer to the stage.
And Vegas '13 - dealt nosebleeds again. My friend Mike and I weren't too pleased with those so we strategically made our way down. While Mike distracted an usher on the right, I swooped past on the right and made my way further down. He somehow managed to make it down as well, but then things got a bit trickier. In the end I made it all the way down to the floor and right up against the Pit barrier, while Mike was content with his position in the lower not wanting to press his luck any further. All part of the thrill of the chase, but don't think I'll go to those extremes for Glendale and Santa Clara - been there done that. That said, hoping to officially/legally get truly lucky for both, and if not...I dunno....might get a bit restless....winking smiley Set for Pasadena with decent and reasonably reserved tix for my wife and I, so all is good with that one.

67 days and counting...No Filter NA kicks off.thumbs up

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: February 12, 2019 21:55

Oh, boy...just what exactly happens when you click on the Lucky Dip button? Thanks in advance...

Date: February 12, 2019 22:04

ThePaleRider
Oh, boy...just what exactly happens when you click on the Lucky Dip button? Thanks in advance...

Computer screen fills with psychedelic colors while She's a Ranbow starts blasting out of the speakers. smiling smiley

In reality, it takes you to directly to ticketmaster with the only option being a pair of Lucky Dips to purchase. Grab 'em quick!

Date: February 12, 2019 22:05

ThePaleRider

Usually directs to a waiting room that then takes you to a dedicated Ticketmaster page set up just for Lucky Dip sales.
There, the tickets will be sold in pairs (one time snafu last tour where they sold individual Lucky Dips, but not the norm)..
1 = 1 pair when ordering)

Good idea to be logged in to your Ticketmaster account, and with this being a Ticketmaster. CA (Canada) sale, if buying from elsewhere, I would double check to make sure the CA account is linked and active.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 12, 2019 22:07

How the Rolling Stones' show came together: 'The stars aligned'

Jane Stevenson
February 11, 2019

The Rolling Stones massive iconic logo is seen at the Eaton Centre in Toronto on Feb. 8, 2019. (Jack Boland/Toronto Sun)

Start them up — and for Canada Day long weekend no less.

Veteran British rockers, The Rolling Stones, have confirmed a June 29 date at Burl’s Creek in Oro-Medonte, Ont. — a sprawling field venue about 130 kilometres north of Toronto — and it’s the only Canadian stop of their No Filter Tour.

“It truly was the stars aligned on that — the fact that it was the Canada Day long weekend, the only Canadian show, I couldn’t have manufactured this any better myself,” said Lisa Zechmeister, of Republic Live, the show’s promoter.

“It’s really a dream come true.”

Tickets start at $119.50 for general admission and top out at $329.50 for VIP seating. They’ll be offered on a pre-sale basis on Wednesday for those who sign up to the Rolling Stones mailing list and get a special code before Friday’s official sale at TicketMaster.

The concert, which will be able to accomodate about 70,000 people, is being billed as “Canada Rocks with the Rolling Stones” so a few more acts will be announced over the next two weeks and you can expect them to be homegrown.

“I think that’s a very likely possibility,” said Zechmeister. “There aren’t going to be that many. The Stones bring in their own stage. It almost looks like a spaceship. It’s an enormous beast. We’re planning on two, maybe three acts which fits with their schedule for getting folks in.”

Zechmeister said Republic Live went after the legendary group last November when tour dates in the U.S. were first announced.

“As soon as we saw the routing and that they ended in Chicago, just kind of connecting the dots. When you see something like that and there’s a chance that they can make it up in time, that was a no brainer for us to jump on (making) an offer,” said Zechmeister.

As for whether there could be a second Stones show should the first one sell out in hours as the U.S. dates did, Zechmeister said: “You never know …, but this really could be the last chance to see the Rolling Stones on Canadian soil so I think those tickets are going to be gone quickly.”

[ottawasun.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 12, 2019 22:10

“Tickets start at $119.50 for general admission and top out at $329.50 for VIP seating.”
thumbs upoh Canada

“67 days and counting...No Filter NA kicks off.thumbs up”
Mick’s doing sit ups! ;-)

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: February 12, 2019 22:24

I think the article meant to say 'start at $329.50 for VIP seating' but we can always hope.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-12 22:25 by Jeter1984.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 12, 2019 22:32

Hmm, the Ottawa Sun article says homegrown acts for openers. Wonder if Neal Peart can be talked out of retirement for one last show? Always thought it was weird that Rush's final show would be LA and not in Toronto. Perhaps Shania, who stated that the Stones Havana show was the best concert she's ever seen. Would be awesome if Neil Young opened!
I can't see people like Drake, Bieber, Weeknd playing. Maybe young singers like Shawn Mendez or Alessia Cara? Pretty popular but I haven't a clue as to what they sing!

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 12, 2019 22:47

Hairball
rogerriffin

Same here - Staples 13 I was dealt nosebleeds, but magically maneuvered down to lower loge and much closer to the stage.
And Vegas '13 - dealt nosebleeds again. My friend Mike and I weren't too pleased with those so we strategically made our way down. While Mike distracted an usher on the right, I swooped past on the right and made my way further down. He somehow managed to make it down as well, but then things got a bit trickier. In the end I made it all the way down to the floor and right up against the Pit barrier, while Mike was content with his position in the lower not wanting to press his luck any further. All part of the thrill of the chase, but don't think I'll go to those extremes for Glendale and Santa Clara - been there done that. That said, hoping to officially/legally get truly lucky for both, and if not...I dunno....might get a bit restless....winking smiley Set for Pasadena with decent and reasonably reserved tix for my wife and I, so all is good with that one.

In Europe last year a lot of fans with LD got pit tickets (in Berlin more than 100 - Germany got the highest prices for pit: 800 Euro) or Golden Circle (like me for London II). Not bad...

Lucky dips @ Burl’s Creek Event Grounds?
Posted by: harleybla ()
Date: February 12, 2019 06:42

I guess there will not be any lucky dips since the show is mostly GA,
similar to Quebec 2015.

any info would be appreciated.

thanks

Re: Lucky dips @ Burl’s Creek Event Grounds?
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 12, 2019 07:33

harleybla
I guess there will not be any lucky dips since the show is mostly GA,
similar to Quebec 2015.

any info would be appreciated.

thanks
r

I think there will be LD just like in Hamburg, Spielberg and Prague. Quebec was a festival like Roskilde, Pinkpop and New Orleans. At Festivals there are no LD. But this ist a Stones Concert. There will be LD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-12 08:22 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: February 12, 2019 13:44

No button on Stones website, so guessing NO lucky dips.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 12, 2019 14:13

LD are always on sale with the general Sale and the button appears shortly before that. There will be LD. There have been LD to every Stones show the last years. Only festivals are the exception.

Date: February 12, 2019 23:16

If they have Lucky Dip for this show then it truly is a noble cause.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 12, 2019 23:51

“top out at $329.50 for VIP seating.”
that it what I copied for CANADA
I am not verifying it
If true, no whining about Lucky Dips and what not
But don’t bet copy

Date: February 13, 2019 00:14

“Tickets start at $119.50 for general admission and top out at $329.50 for VIP seating.”

Any information about the other ticket prices?
Any information about e-tickets/print at home?

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: February 13, 2019 00:43

DGA35
Hmm, the Ottawa Sun article says homegrown acts for openers. Wonder if Neal Peart can be talked out of retirement for one last show? Always thought it was weird that Rush's final show would be LA and not in Toronto. Perhaps Shania, who stated that the Stones Havana show was the best concert she's ever seen. Would be awesome if Neil Young opened!
I can't see people like Drake, Bieber, Weeknd playing. Maybe young singers like Shawn Mendez or Alessia Cara? Pretty popular but I haven't a clue as to what they sing!

Get ready for Nickelback opening.angry smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 13, 2019 00:47

mosthigh
Get ready for Nickelback opening.angry smiley

Keith would show them The Blade. grinning smiley

Date: February 13, 2019 01:03

MAF

I would be willing to bet that $329.50 is not the highest ticket price.

Canadian addresses will receive tickets by mail in May, it also says international will call.

Date: February 13, 2019 01:06

MAF
Hairball
rogerriffin

In Europe last year a lot of fans with LD got pit tickets (in Berlin more than 100 - Germany got the highest prices for pit: 800 Euro) or Golden Circle (like me for London II). Not bad...

Yes I recall that, and even in the early days as mentioned above there were definitely a few "chosen ones" who were very lucky (shout out to Gaff among others).
For Zip code tour opener in San Diego '15, I didn't even consider the option as I wanted a guaranteed decent seat, and I was already 0 for 2 in '13.
I bought a reasonably priced mid-level field seat, which from there gradually made my way to row 19 where some friends invited me in, and for the final encore we strolled right up to the stage.

Date: February 13, 2019 01:08

MAF

Makes me wonder about Lucky Dips for this show..
In the past, most often you'd see the LD's listed in the price range..
eg: "Tickets start at $29.90 and top out at $329.50"..

Still think they'll likely have them, and they already have the coveted (by me) Golden Circle category cool smiley..
The layout looks very similar to No Filter 2, and short of a Pit ticket, the Golden Circle is the best imo.

Date: February 13, 2019 01:21

DGA35

I don't think Neil would stoop to that level considering he headlines festivals himself, though ya never know.
There's Arcade Fire - not too familiar with them but they've opened for the Stones in the past I believe.
And the Tragically Hip - name rings a bell but not sure if they've opened for the Stones.
Could be some bands that aren't that well known yet which wouldn't be a bad thing, and worst case scenario Nickleback...

Date: February 13, 2019 02:48

Maybe already posted somewhere:
Starts Wed, Feb 13 10:00 am EST - Is this 3 pm London time? Just to make shure...

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 13, 2019 02:53

Uhmmmm Hairball,
Ya might want to google up The Tragically Hip b4 floating them as a warm up...

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 13, 2019 02:55

Does bring up great memories of SARSSTOCK...
hmmmmmmmmmm.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 13, 2019 03:28

Hairball
DGA35

I don't think Neil would stoop to that level considering he headlines festivals himself, though ya never know.
There's Arcade Fire - not too familiar with them but they've opened for the Stones in the past I believe.
And the Tragically Hip - name rings a bell but not sure if they've opened for the Stones.
Could be some bands that aren't that well known yet which wouldn't be a bad thing, and worst case scenario Nickleback...

Neil wouldn't stoop to that level?! I'm sure if Mick called him up he'd be there. Hell, the opening line in Helpless describes the place: There is a town in North Ontario... Forgot about Arcade Fire, they were with Jagger on SNL in 2012 playing The Last Time with him. The Hip aren't together anymore since Gord Downey passed away a couple years ago.

Date: February 13, 2019 03:59

Kurt
Uhmmmm Hairball,
Ya might want to google up The Tragically Hip b4 floating them as a warm up...

oops ...as I said name rings a bell....didn't realize the band is no longer active! Sad story that is.

DGA35
Hairball
DGA35

Neil wouldn't stoop to that level?! I'm sure if Mick called him up he'd be there. Hell, the opening line in Helpless describes the place: There is a town in North Ontario... Forgot about Arcade Fire, they were with Jagger on SNL in 2012 playing The Last Time with him. The Hip aren't together anymore since Gord Downey passed away a couple years ago.

No he probably wouldn't, and yes I know the lyrics to Helpless, but as I said ya never know. If he did - and that is a BIG IF - there's a good chance he would upstage the Stones just as he did both weekends with Promise of the Real at Desert Trip (in many people's opinion, including mine). Then given the the fact that a majority of the crowd will probably be from Toronto and/or from Canada in general, the hometown crowd would lap it up.
I don't think the Stones want to take the risk of being upstaged again the same way they were at SARS by AC/DC '03(according to many), and by Lynyrd Skynyrd at Knebworth '76 (according to some).

As for the Tragically Hip - again, oops...didn't realize they're no longer a band - RIP Gord Downey...very sad.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-13 04:02 by Hairball.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: February 13, 2019 05:02

I would suggest, for support(s), in no particular order or favourite, because they are all great, the following:

Matthew Good Band:

[m.youtube.com]

Sloan:

[m.youtube.com]

54-40:

[m.youtube.com]

The Sheepdogs:

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-13 06:31 by KingmanBarstow.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home