Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 12
Re: Burl's Creek Ontario Canada 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 12, 2019 00:53

JumpinJeppeFlash
MAF
Layout at ticketmaster.ca

Maybe with a small b-stage.

No b-stage. Same layout as the other shows.

I wonder why the diamond grandstand on the left would be facing away from the stage instead of tilted towards? Isn't this layout similar to Desert Palm a couple years ago?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 12, 2019 01:13

SomeTorontoGirl
JumpinJeppeFlash
Question to all of you Canadians.

Is it possible to walk back to Barrie from Burls Creek after the show? Or is it just a large freeway connecting Barrie?

Many Thanks for all help, traveling from Sweden.

I’m not positive, but know that area reasonably well... There may be some side roads but it is located on a major highway. Sideroads would not be lit, it will be late and far to walk. Look for shuttles that should run to some hotels. Even if not staying there, you could get a taxi or Uber. Or rent a car and drive like the rest of us poor suckers...

There's ZERO percent chance of you NOT being there, regardless of inconvenience. You'd never miss your home gig grinning smiley

It does sound like a pain in the arse though. At least you know in advance what to expect unlike the utter shambles of Twickenham last year.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: February 12, 2019 01:17

DGA35
JumpinJeppeFlash
MAF

I wonder why the diamond grandstand on the left would be facing away from the stage instead of tilted towards? Isn't this layout similar to Desert Palm a couple years ago?

The venue is tree-lined. They call it a natural amphitheater. Basically they graded the land, installed field turf and it is surrounded by trees.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 12, 2019 01:19

grzegorz67

There's ZERO percent chance of you NOT being there, regardless of inconvenience. You'd never miss your home gig grinning smiley

It does sound like a pain in the arse though. At least you know in advance what to expect unlike the utter shambles of Twickenham last year.

Ohhhhh, don’t mention Twickenham... at least I’ll have my own transport home from the festivities this time. And no, I can’t miss it. Can’t believe they squeezed us in, to be honest. Once I have my ticket I can let myself get excited.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 12, 2019 01:20

DGA35
JumpinJeppeFlash
MAF

Similar, but Desert Trip had loads of reserved seating between the Pit and the GA in the very back.
Saved this artist rendering from the official site back when the festival was announced which turned out to be very accurate.
You can see Pit section up front, GA in the back, and between those sections a massive amount of reserved seating.
Grandstands on either side also reserved, and they were WAY out on the sides as you can see.

Here's another pic I saved from either official site or a newspaper article with a perspective from the right side bleachers. You can see how far off to the side of stage it is, and how wide the entire field was by looking all the way across to the bleachers on the other side.
Would be a better perepective if you were a couple sections to the left in the grandstands, but it was a looong way no matter where someone sat.

Seems the grandstands at Burls Creek start much further back from the stage according to the seating chart, so they should all be pretty good - depending how far off to the side they really are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-12 01:24 by Hairball.

Date: February 12, 2019 02:31

SomeTorontoGirl
grzegorz67

Ohhhhh, don’t mention Twickenham... at least I’ll have my own transport home from the festivities this time. And no, I can’t miss it. Can’t believe they squeezed us in, to be honest. Once I have my ticket I can let myself get excited.

I was especially inconvenienced by the Twickenham balls up (spent the night stranded at Victoria Coach Station and had to waste a day’s leave from work) but I just look back at it and laugh now. Just another episode to add to the stamp collection of 30+ years of concert travel fun and games. On the upside, I made it into the pit that night.

Maybe the Stones heard about your wee rant on here when Canada didn’t initially get a show winking smiley ! People close to the band do read this board! And not only that, as was the case with Zip Code, Canada gets the last night of the tour!

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 12, 2019 02:41

Does Ticketmaster sale e-tickets for print at home?
Would be much easier than waiting for the shipping...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 12, 2019 09:53

SomeTorontoGirl
JumpinJeppeFlash

Is it possible to walk back to Barrie from Burls Creek after the show? Or is it just a large freeway connecting Barrie?

I’m not positive, but know that area reasonably well... There may be some side roads but it is located on a major highway. Sideroads would not be lit, it will be late and far to walk. Look for shuttles that should run to some hotels. Even if not staying there, you could get a taxi or Uber. Or rent a car and drive like the rest of us poor suckers...

I have a great headlight which I bring in my pocket for tours. I used it when walking in the dark narrow streets from Glastonbury to a nearby town an hour away, and other places. I may walk in front of a pack of poor fans without car transportation, but I am not sure if it is wise to walk 20 km which would take four hours. Also, I think I will walk in the direction of Orillia...

Bjornulf

Date: February 12, 2019 10:38

What's going on with TM? Cannot find the layout etc. "Our site is temporarily down for maintenance." I hope they prepare all the details to be shown pretty soon.

- Ah - they are back. But nothing new. No prices.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-12 10:50 by MAF.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 12, 2019 11:32

bv
SomeTorontoGirl
JumpinJeppeFlash

I have a great headlight which I bring in my pocket for tours. I used it when walking in the dark narrow streets from Glastonbury to a nearby town an hour away, and other places. I may walk in front of a pack of poor fans without car transportation, but I am not sure if it is wise to walk 20 km which would take four hours. Also, I think I will walk in the direction of Orillia...

Managed to book the last room at Water´s Edge B&B, it´s within walkingdistance from Burl´s Creek.

Date: February 12, 2019 13:02

Will Ticketmaster sale e-tickets for print at home for this show?

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: February 12, 2019 13:40

MAF
Will Ticketmaster sale e-tickets for print at home for this show?

International will call or mail for canadian residents

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: February 12, 2019 13:43

Looks like NO lucky dips for this one (no button on Stones web site).

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 12, 2019 13:46

carouslambra

There will be for sure, button will be visible when tickets are released.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: February 12, 2019 13:47

In the past, the Lucky Dips were posted during the general sale. Only on the Stones site. You just had to keep refreshing until they magically appeared. Didn't happen recently. Maybe this time!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 12, 2019 13:50

Did New Orleans have Lucky Dips?

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 12, 2019 13:58

Topi
Did New Orleans have Lucky Dips?

No. Because this is a festival and no proper Stones stand-alone.

Posted by: Youlou ()
Date: February 12, 2019 14:02

Ticketmaster sale of tickets for Toronto show start on Friday morning, but fan club members tickets go on sale starting Wednesday morning. How does Ticketmaster know that I am a fan club member to be able to buy tickets on Wednesday

Date: February 12, 2019 14:14

You need to sign up for the e-mailing list at Rollingstones.com to get the presale code. But I got the e-mail already and the presale code to be used on Wednesday is: MIDNIGHT

Date: February 12, 2019 14:16

Rolling Stones Announce Canadian Show!

The Rolling Stones have just announced their one and only show in Canada, as part of their 2019 tour! On Saturday June 29th, the band will play Canada Rocks at Burl’s Creek Event Grounds, Oro Medonte, Ontario.

There will be a fan pre-sale on Wednesday 13th February at 10am EST, until midnight EST.
The link to access the pre-sale and your code is below.

Code: MIDNIGHT

[www.rollingstones.com]

Please note you won’t be able to purchase tickets until the pre-sale begins at 10am on Wednesday.
Tickets will go on general sale Friday 15th February at 10am EST.
Should you have any issues when trying to buy tickets please reach out directly to Ticketmaster here.
You can also find alternative ways to contact Ticketmaster, via phone and TDD here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-12 14:18 by Topi.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: February 12, 2019 14:23

The stones are finally playing the county fair!! Never thought that day would happen.

Drew

Date: February 12, 2019 14:24

carouslambra

On the last 2 tours, Lucky Dips were not announced in advance. The buttons appeared, all of a sudden, unannounced when the General Sale began. As this is a dedicated Stones gig, unlike New Orleans which is a wider festival, I would bet that there WILL be Lucky Dips.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-12 18:07 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: February 12, 2019 15:09

grzegorz67
carouslambra

On the last 2 tours, Lucky Dips were announced in advance. The buttons appeared, all of a sudden, unannounced when the General Sale began. As this is a dedicated Stones gig, unlike New Orleans which is a wider festival, I would bet that there WILL be Lucky Dips.

So 50/50 if Lucky Dips appear tomorrow?

Date: February 12, 2019 15:35

The Lucky Dips will never appear in the presale. If they do, it's on Friday as the general public sale starts.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 12, 2019 15:54

Lucky Dip is a secret service for the fans. You don't see the option when shopping for tickets at TM or other generic vendors. It is on RollingStones.com only, and most people don't understand what it is.

Just watch for the Lucky Dip option link on the RS tickets page when they go on sale, and make sure you do refresh:

www.rollingstones.com/tickets/

Bjornulf

Date: February 12, 2019 16:00

Agree it was more secret for this tour, completely unannounced, which was a bit different from previous years. In 2017 for the first part of the No Filter Tour, they were "advertised" on RS.com. [www.rollingstones.com]

Last November, when the US shows went on sale, the Stones did tweet about LDs as well. [twitter.com]

They also mentioned them on Facebook [www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-12 16:08 by Topi.

Date: February 12, 2019 18:12

Topi
Agree it was more secret for this tour, completely unannounced, which was a bit different from previous years. In 2017 for the first part of the No Filter Tour, they were "advertised" on RS.com. [www.rollingstones.com]

Last November, when the US shows went on sale, the Stones did tweet about LDs as well. [twitter.com]

They also mentioned them on Facebook [www.facebook.com]

On 14OF Europe, they went on sale a week after the general sale and were announced a couple of days in advance. You are correct about 2017. I lucky dipped the 1st 2 Paris shows on that tour and got GA both nights. Excellent spot both nights thumbs up.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: February 12, 2019 19:11

Lucky Dips were created to fill the building.

My guess would be you won't see them for this show since the majority of the venue is GA.

But who knows.

Date: February 12, 2019 19:25

drewmaster
The stones are finally playing the county fair!! Never thought that day would happen.

Drew

Lol corn dogs and other assorted deep fried goodies.

Date: February 12, 2019 19:32

Jeter1984
Lucky Dips were created to fill the building.

My guess would be you won't see them for this show since the majority of the venue is GA.

But who knows.

I don't think that was the original reason as there was an absolute finite/limited supply when they were first introduced. Yes most "lucky" recipients were stuck up in the rafters to fill the gaps,
but for apprx. $25 hard to complain. Nowadays it's a different story...when sales are poor they dump another batch which was unheard of in the beginning.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1392
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home