Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why no Promo Films?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 9, 2019 06:21

You'd think with the good vault stuff getting scarce, they'd FINALLY put out a promo film compilation out like the Beatles did. (Which I love). Okay, it might not make a lot of money, but they've already got the materials. Of course I'd want the ABKCO stuff, but I'd even buy a 1971 and later compilation. It would be fun, and be in Blu Ray. The Beatles even made up a few videos from old footage. The Stones could do that. Come on.

Re: Why no Promo Films?
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: February 9, 2019 13:39

I know - they always copy the Beatles LOL C'mon guys - We need a definitive "anthology" series, a video clips compilation and a 50th anniversary Let It Bleed - done as well as "The White Album"

Date: February 9, 2019 16:53

Lynd8
I know - they always copy the Beatles LOL C'mon guys - We need a definitive "anthology" series, a video clips compilation and a 50th anniversary Let It Bleed - done as well as "The White Album"

If the Beggars 50th is any indication, we're not going to get squat from ABKCO.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 9, 2019 17:09

24FPS
Lynd8

defies logic that we're not getting better anniversary editions, unless they are simply not authorized by the band to release the unreleased material.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: February 9, 2019 18:09

I have to think ABKCO is on board with releasing extensive unheard music since it's only profit for them. The Stones just must feel it's not worth it based on their standards or they just don't have the interest in working on it. The Beatles have the benefit of trusting Giles Martin with all the tapes and then just give a thumbs up or down upon completion

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 9, 2019 19:37

treaclefingers
24FPS
Lynd8

defies logic that we're not getting better anniversary editions, unless they are simply not authorized by the band to release the unreleased material.

Apparantly that is part of the Agreement.
However, the unreleased material which is now over 50 years old is surely in the Public Domain.
So, in theory....they could get released anyway ?

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: February 9, 2019 19:46

Isn’t it all on the internet?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 9, 2019 23:55

jlowe
treaclefingers
24FPS
Lynd8

Apparantly that is part of the Agreement.
However, the unreleased material which is now over 50 years old is surely in the Public Domain.
So, in theory....they could get released anyway ?

In theory... But what's definitely not in the public domain are the contractual agreements between the Stones and ABKCO. It's an interesting question if these are kind of "outruled" by public domain/copyrights legislations in certain territories.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 10, 2019 03:02

Harlem Shuffler

Really? You think that sound quality = Blu Ray?

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: February 10, 2019 13:21

Glam Descendant
Harlem Shuffler

What I’m getting at is that not everyone would buy something they have seen before and can easily access again even if the quality is improved.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: February 11, 2019 06:30

I asked Michael Lindsay-Hogg about this a few years ago on his FB page, but I didn't get a response (although he did answer another question of mine not related to this). Keep in mind, we're dealing with a band that doesn't care about any of this; plus there's no real market for it, unlike the Beatles.
Odd, too, that, MLH hasn't responded about the new Let It Be/Get Back film that's being done. Maybe he wasn't asked.

Date: February 11, 2019 07:43

Harlem Shuffler
Glam Descendant
Harlem Shuffler

What I’m getting at is that not everyone would buy something they have seen before and can easily access again even if the quality is improved.

I can watch Atlantic City '89, Knebworth, and Paris '76 all day, but not in surround sound with blu ray picture. (Although it probably would be SD video).

Date: February 12, 2019 01:15

Harlem Shuffler
Glam Descendant
Harlem Shuffler

possibly...but those people aren't as likely to post here.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: February 12, 2019 02:52

ive always thought the stones didnt market themselves properly and as such have suffered from poorer sales than they should have had.

they made so many classic songs in the 60,s alone many which are not well known to mainstream media, and to think they have all that material they could release as official promo videos.

i would like something similar to rewind, except expanded to include every era of the bands history, add in outakes too, and we could have a great collection of audio and video recordings, im sure it would sell, its great to browse youtube but better to have more official stuff.

Date: February 12, 2019 10:40

buttons67
ive always thought the stones didnt market themselves properly and as such have suffered from poorer sales than they should have had.

they made so many classic songs in the 60,s alone many which are not well known to mainstream media, and to think they have all that material they could release as official promo videos.

i would like something similar to rewind, except expanded to include every era of the bands history, add in outakes too, and we could have a great collection of audio and video recordings, im sure it would sell, its great to browse youtube but better to have more official stuff.

They marketed themselves better than most bands. And wrote their own songs, and survived as a creative unit for a good thirty years. In the 60s they were second only to the Beatles. That's heady stuff, but I know what you mean. They should have handed the job over to Bill when he retired to put together rare and tasty things.

Date: February 12, 2019 18:47

24FPS
buttons67

They marketed themselves better than most bands. And wrote their own songs, and survived as a creative unit for a good thirty years. In the 60s they were second only to the Beatles. That's heady stuff, but I know what you mean. They should have handed the job over to Bill when he retired to put together rare and tasty things.

now that is a good idea.

Date: March 1, 2019 06:17

Harlem Shuffler
Glam Descendant
Harlem Shuffler

College student here-- The above comment is spot-on. Unless a release has something really enticing/unique, I'd be hesitant to drop big bucks on it. I love the Beatles, but see no purpose to rush out and buy the new Sgt. Pepper/White Album box set reissues when they posted all the tracks on Spotify. I love the Stones, but you'd have to pay me to buy the new Beggars box. It doesn't have anything exciting in it.

If they had a couple discs filled with unreleased COMPLETED tracks, (not that one-minute session doodling crap) then I might consider buying it if the price was right.

Date: March 1, 2019 06:33

I don't think the "good" vault stuff is becoming scarce. I imagine we'll get some legendary releases soon. Then again, It's all subjective.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: March 1, 2019 06:40

24FPS

Would have been a great title for the series. Volume 1...Volume 2...collect 'em all!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 1, 2019 07:14

With the FROM THE VAULT releases, some of which include video (not all of them, right?) I find it ludicrous that they haven't reissued VIDEO REWIND. They could make it a 2 disc set with disc 2 to include everything post-Too Much Blood so the context of the original release stays intact.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 1, 2019 09:35

Yeah Yeah … be ACE to see a Rewind Deluxe released ….

Man we spent many an hour watchin' the ole Rewind …
sara … Lisa ..Roland an ALL da gang knew every word of it …
Funny as ... Mick Bill … Too Much Blood … Keef with that chain-saw ...B...B..BBBBBUZZZZ... Norman Gunston..HHHaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 1, 2019 16:10

24FPS
They should have handed the job over to Bill when he retired to put together rare and tasty things.

treaclefingers
now that is a good idea.

Would they trust Bill to airbrush out himself?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-01 16:12 by schillid.

Date: March 2, 2019 02:51

schillid
24FPS
They should have handed the job over to Bill when he retired to put together rare and tasty things.

treaclefingers
now that is a good idea.

Would they trust Bill to airbrush out himself?

That's just mean. And funny.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1341
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home