Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
The future of The Rolling Stones
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: January 30, 2019 21:56

sorry to post doom and gloom regarding when the band finally end for whatever reason but we all know they wont go on forever, none of us will.

personally i would love to see all the bend members live for another 30 odd years but i really dont want the rolling stones to last this long or even into their mid 80,s.

jagger is 75, would be great to have them tour and record for another 4 years at most if possible, i dont want them to continue with jagger at 80, but if they quit at the end of this tour i would respect the decision whoever made it. also i dont want them to continue after someone dies god forbid, with a replacement and i dont want them to continue if performances are not good,

what do others think, how long would you want them to continue for and for what circumstances would you want them to quit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-31 11:08 by bv.

Re: question regarding the end of the rolling stones
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 30, 2019 22:46

As long as they can play and as long as they enjoy doing it, I will follow. Personally I don't care about their ages.

Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 30, 2019 22:48

rollmops
As long as they can play and as long as they enjoy doing it, I will follow. Personally I don't care about their ages.

Rockandroll,
Mops

eye popping smileysmileys with beer
Jeroen

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 30, 2019 22:49

30 years .....….. in that case
Just hang out in the studio and
pour out everything they lay down ….

Allow a small audience in ta watch the workings.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 30, 2019 23:24

I think they should have quit 20 years ago. But they won't since there is still money to collect. It's the law of supply and demand.
They will go on as long as we are still handing in the money. If age and bad health doesn't come in between.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: January 30, 2019 23:27

personally if i was them, money would be no motivator. moneys to be made to spend, you get to a certain stage in life where you dont need to make any more money, just spend some of what you have.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 30, 2019 23:40

buttons67

what do others think, how long would you want them to continue for and for what circumstances would you want them to quit.

They should play until their 60th Anniversary in 2023 (Charlie, 1st Single). Then have a break like 2007-2012 and when asked, say that they will definitely tour again .... but it's not clear when the new Tours will really happen .... but it'll never happen because in the meantime someone is missing .... and irreplaceable.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 30, 2019 23:45

lrix, I believe you're on to something. Makes sense, we won't know they're gone until sometime later. Would be a great joke, haha.

Date: January 30, 2019 23:58

buttons67
personally if i was them, money would be no motivator. moneys to be made to spend, you get to a certain stage in life where you dont need to make any more money, just spend some of what you have.

"Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance". More wants more. That is often the case. Greed never ends.
And don't forget Sir Michael has a huge following of wifes, ex-wifes, lovers, children and grandchildren to support. For a century to come.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 31, 2019 00:18

Would you be thinking about the day when you won’t be able to get it up no more whilst screwing Michelle Pfeiffer.

Enjoy the moment

Nate

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: January 31, 2019 00:27

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: January 31, 2019 00:39

Stoneage
I think they should have quit 20 years ago. But they won't since there is still money to collect. It's the law of supply and demand.
They will go on as long as we are still handing in the money. If age and bad health doesn't come in between.

This is the reason they did the right thing continuing on! Supply and demand- EXACTLY! As long as the fans want to buy your music and pay to see you perform, and you want to continue, it’s a no brainer.

They’re happy with this and their fans are obviously thrilled to follow them. If you don’t think so, you’re not paying attention.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 31, 2019 00:46

Stoneage
buttons67

"Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance". More wants more. That is often the case. Greed never ends.
And don't forget Sir Michael has a huge following of wifes, ex-wifes, lovers, children and grandchildren to support. For a century to come.

There are no financial issues for any of them with him.

Date: January 31, 2019 00:52

As a creative force, that ended after UNDERCOVER came out, with REWIND being the sign.

Seeing what happened after that, it makes sense to look at them that way.

However, seeing that they continued on making records that they generally ignore and have toured and toured... then took a long break and toured without anything new... the aspect of them as a artists died a long time ago, they're "just doing it".

It's about time they wrap it up. I'm guessing next year they end it.

Date: January 31, 2019 00:59

GasLightStreet
Stoneage
buttons67

Depends of what you mean with "issues". He has a couple of young lovers with children to support. Which he has agreed on.
Otherwise I'm sure he has written his will to secure his beneficiaries income for decades to come.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 31, 2019 01:16

Just to put it bluntly Charlie is 78 this year. Will be a toll on him to carry on longer. That is my five cents. Yea longer would be nice but their ages, health.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 31, 2019 01:20

I’m sure people said that when he was 68.

Date: January 31, 2019 01:25

Stoneage
GasLightStreet
Stoneage
buttons67

Depends of what you mean with "issues". He has a couple of young lovers with children to support. Which he has agreed on.
Otherwise I'm sure he has written his will to secure his beneficiaries income for decades to come.

With the amount of money Mick Jagger has and will continue to have long after he retires from touring yet alone dies, having children to support obviously is not a problem for him.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 31, 2019 01:29

babyblue
Just to put it bluntly Charlie is 78 this year. Will be a toll on him to carry on longer. That is my five cents. Yea longer would be nice but their ages, health.

...Watts continues to record and play with the Rolling Stones and expects to stay with the band until Mick Jagger or Keith Richards decides to retire.

- Drum Channel Bio

Date: January 31, 2019 01:31

What I was trying to propose was that I would rather have seen them taking less breaks and leaves when they were younger than to carry on doing warhorses till they drop.
A tour in 1986 or a new album in 1999 would have meant more to me than a never ending geriatric tour. If someone understands what I mean?
But of course I'm aware that you can't change history.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 31, 2019 01:50

Let me get out my Magic cards and crystal ball... hmm. Forecast says:

Hit the 2019 Spring USA Tour.

Go and have fun.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 31, 2019 01:57

babyblue

The shorter tours is how they've already dealt with the age thing and for now it's clearly working and not too much of a physical toll, With tonnes of time off in-between. Gives them something to do, Keeps them relevant-somewhat-and gives a lot of people enjoyment. What's not to like?

When it ends we'll marvel how long the shows stayed very high quality right to the bitter end. No moss ever gathered.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 31, 2019 05:13

do it till the hearse comes. make them wait outside till the music's over.
'too late to stop now' it just is.
they are gonna release a real good album with a classic single that will go Big.
they ARE gonna deliver a good album with some great songs.
they are.
that's my stong feeling!!
Last time I had this Strong feeling was a recent year when it did not happen.
ok?
not ok with the hops.
i was Sure on good authority that a new LP would def be coming out 2017 or 2018...
sure, sure, I mighta posted that,
but that was just to throw YOU offa the trail. eye rolling smileysmoking smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 31, 2019 10:24

Whilst they remain in adequate health and the demand still exists, it will remain the easier option to carry on .

When the easier option is to stop ...they'll stop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-31 11:59 by Spud.

Date: January 31, 2019 10:46

Stoneage

They enjoy it a bit, too, don't you think? smiling smiley

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 31, 2019 10:55

After a great 2012 Anniversary concert I said to my son "I am perfectly happy now. Whatever the Stones do from now on will be a bonus".
Well, every single following year so far gave me bonusses! Seven bonus years so far, and 2019 will be the 8th bonus year since the O2 event! I really came to love bonusses cool smiley
Buttons67, just enjoy and "don't worry, be happy!"
smileys with beer

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: January 31, 2019 10:58

GasLightStreet
As a creative force, that ended after UNDERCOVER came out, with REWIND being the sign.

Seeing what happened after that, it makes sense to look at them that way.

However, seeing that they continued on making records that they generally ignore and have toured and toured... then took a long break and toured without anything new... the aspect of them as a artists died a long time ago, they're "just doing it".

It's about time they wrap it up. I'm guessing next year they end it.

thumbs up

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 31, 2019 11:05

buttons67

Like any (good) parents, they have their families to think of. If lots of money is there to be made, why not make it?

They should go on for as long as they want.

The day it is officially over will be a very sad day.

Re: The future of The Rolling Stones
Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 31, 2019 11:14

I changed the subject of this thread, as I think it is offending to discuss "the end of the rolling stones", just like it would be offending to discuss how long a person will live.

The future of The Rolling Stones is bright. They will tour forever. New presidents will be elected, wars will end, and The Rolling Stones will stil be around. If and when the tours do not show up that often, their music will still be arounbd, long after any current presidents and wars.

I will play their music as long as I live, and while I can, I go see them live as well. Very simple question, very simple answer.

Bjornulf

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 31, 2019 11:18

nah; they gonna release an album w some wonderful performances and songs.
I think the delays, tho hard to take for us, and there have been times I've
worried for Ian, they are really bein' hard on our Ian, doncha think?
knock it off ye olde Goats Head Supers,
the kid can only be pushed so far!
doin' that to a perfectly good fan, well I am just almost chagrined, really very, very close.

yep; there's gonna be a Big Press attack, they will Surprise
us soon w an Official announcement.
it will be picked up by millenials,
those awful, terrifyingly disconnected Virtual Generation Y.
why why why. one of Yoko Ono's big Hits.
I think "Why Not" was the flip side.

i think one pf those 'whys' was the 'b' side on a big John Lennon
solo single if my memory serves me as well as the Butler used to.
We had to let him go though, he wanted money instead of experience.
damn butler!?
he flipped the footman's eye went crossed!
whoa.
flippin' footman holding up everything; crosseyed mf got No heart.
needs to get on the good foot. well, alright.

oh The Stones will Never stop;
never never never stop.
it's far too late.
they will have the Virtual Stones, you can count on it.
won't be that spooky roy orbison scaryass crapoloa.
fuzzy blurry beam of light, naww not The Stones.
they gonna have that anime chick riding that tongue baby
Mick will father twins on his 80th Birthday.
At this point we're gonna have to start thinking what kind of world
the rest of us are gonna leave for KR.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-31 11:46 by hopkins.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1329
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home