Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

album "Some Girls" performed live in Spain by Chuck Prophet and Charlie Sexton
Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: January 29, 2019 00:33

Charlie Sexton is best known to Dylan fans as long-time lead guitarist in Bob's Band. A few days ago he and Chuck Prophet performed the songs from "Some Girls" live in Gijon, Spain.

Some songs were posted on youtube:

Miss You
Some Girls
Faraway Eyes
Beast of Burden

Re: album "Some Girls" performed live in Spain by Chuck Prophet and Charlie Sexton
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 29, 2019 01:15

Hey Yeah .… Damn fine covers …. Good job ….

ROCKMAN

Re: album "Some Girls" performed live in Spain by Chuck Prophet and Charlie Sexton
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 29, 2019 01:22

They'll play at least 5 more concerts in Spain: [chuckprophet.com]

Nice poster, btw.

Date: January 29, 2019 01:29

HEY …. THAT'S friggin' WILD..!!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: January 29, 2019 01:43

….. and The East River Truckers …. hhhhaa clever

ROCKMAN

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: January 30, 2019 13:10

Was in Madrid last nite. Superb show of both! Bonus, Star Star, Jumpin Jack Flash and Brown Sugar!

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

How can insert pics?

review at Dirty Rock Magazine

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: January 30, 2019 15:05

Date: January 30, 2019 23:11

Before they make me run [www.youtube.com]

Far Away Eyes [www.youtube.com]

Some Girls [www.youtube.com]

Star Star [www.youtube.com]

Summary Concert: [www.youtube.com]

More at Dirty Rock Magazine

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: January 31, 2019 00:01

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-31 00:01 by carlitosbaez.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 31, 2019 01:31

I like Charlie Sexton - classy guy and great guitar player.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: January 31, 2019 16:51

Before they make me run I got 30 seconds into..Dreadful. Learn the words for gods sake. And I loved Green on Red.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: January 31, 2019 17:47

Charlie kept the solo on BOB and respected Ronnie Wood basically played the same idea that Ronnie played.

Date: January 31, 2019 17:51

OpenG
Charlie kept the solo on BOB and respected Ronnie Wood basically played the same idea that Ronnie played.

And Chuck even more so. He does some of the licks from Hampton smiling smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 31, 2019 17:54

aw man thats the real deal rock n roll shit right there imo..

no frills.. Stones all the way.. yessssgrinning smiley

lucky folks that got to be there, Charlie is a great one. cool band too.

reminds me of the IORR Band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-31 18:04 by duke richardson.

Date: January 31, 2019 18:08

lbum "Some Girls" performed live in Spain by Chuck Prophet and Charlie Sexton new
Posted by: DandelionPowderman ()
Date: January 31, 2019 17:51

OpenG

And Chuck even more so. He does some of the licks from Hampton

Wow just listened To Hampton - Yes I hear those licks - I hate the long sax solo way to long LOL

Its amazing how professional musicians cover stones songs for the most part they come nowhere close to the feel and groove of the stones - Charlie and Keith can never be matched and by the way you have Mr Jagger

Date: January 31, 2019 18:12

except for the IORR band doing stones songs - I still cant believe how fantastic you covered some Brussel Affairs - DP your rhythm on MR was just spectacular and sounding as close to Keith as you can get same with the rest of the IORR band

Charlie Sexton Stones Tribute
Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: March 15, 2019 03:11

From this year. I love the Arc Angels, and his solo music. Wish the Arc Angels would make another album.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Charlie Sexton Stones Tribute
Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: March 15, 2019 05:10

rhe arc angels were great, wish they could have kept it together

Re: Charlie Sexton Stones Tribute
Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: March 15, 2019 14:45

The Arc Angels were great. I saw the a few times. (I live in Texas) I believe Tommy Shannon has mainly retired. I see he is doing a few songs on a new album by Reese Wynans.

Charlie looks good. Last time I saw him, just a few years back, he was in Dylan's band. He played like he was hammered. Sad to see then. In this vid he looks and sounds much better.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1848
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home