Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
1952 Fender Telecaster *Modified. Ultimate Keith Richards Tribute*
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 23, 2019 04:58

Cool guitar... not $50,000 cool, but cool.

[www.ebay.com]

Re: 1952 Fender Telecaster *Modified. Ultimate Keith Richards Tribute*
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 23, 2019 09:16

...+ $1,177.10 for shipping. This is just insane. Okay, it is a 1952 telecaster (if it really is) - how much is it worth? 10-20 times less? And the rather not a very good paint only takes away from its value in my opinion (it is a matter of taste, of course). Plus the tear and wear looks very artificail and it is done to a degree that it migh very well compromize its playability. That is impossible to judge without actaully playing it, of course. Well, people try to make money in all different kind of ways, but this a joke...

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: January 23, 2019 09:57

Wouldn’t do something like that to a 52 telecaster

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 23, 2019 10:09

An original '52 is anywhere near $28K. This butchered '52 only real value are the pickups and neck, which are $5K if original. The body is worthless with its routes and paint job.

Mathijs

Date: January 23, 2019 13:06

It's a fairy tale anyway that the early Strats, Les Pauls and Telcasters sound better per se than many latter day versions. There's a lot of nostalgia involved.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 23, 2019 13:27

What a disgrace and sacrilege to destroy a perfectly good vintage Fender Telecaster . I agree with Mathijs that the only real desirable feature of this instrument are the pickups if they are original and ditto for the neck. Some individual after trying to modify/destroy a vintage Fender had the bulb go off in his head and comes up with this plan to salvage a few bucks out of this wreck of a once vintage Fender .

Date: January 23, 2019 13:35

TheGreek
What a disgrace and sacrilege to destroy a perfectly good vintage Fender Telecaster . I agree with Mathijs that the only real desirable feature of this instrument are the pickups if they are original and ditto for the neck. Some individual after trying to modify/destroy a vintage Fender had the bulb go off in his head and comes up with this plan to salvage a few bucks out of this wreck of a once vintage Fender .

Is it a paint job, or is it a removable guitar facelift-sticker? Looks a bit like the latter, imo.

Date: January 23, 2019 18:30

DandelionPowderman
TheGreek

Is it a paint job, or is it a removable guitar facelift-sticker? Looks a bit like the latter, imo.
Looks like paint to me and my hunch is that whatever train wreck of a modification was done to it must have been horrendous in order to do a paint job like this to try to throw off or distract a potential buyer by painting the Riffmasters likeness on the front and then coming up with this malarkey as the Ultimate Keith Richards tribute guitar . What a hack job in addition to the humbucker routs .I hate seeing wrecks like this because I do know the vintage value of such treasured instruments .

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 23, 2019 20:38

DandelionPowderman
TheGreek

It is a paint. From the description: "the routes were filled back in and the face painted black. And then some talented artist apparently etched the paint to create this highly accurate likeness of Keith."

The same seller sells "vintage" Gibson guitar cases for $1,100 and $1,600. I got exactly the same case with my Gibson guitar for free. It is obvious, that a good vintage guitar is worth a fortune, but I can't see any real value in a vintage guitar case. Sorry. It is pathetic and it is even way more pathetic if somebody is actually willing to pay that money.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: January 23, 2019 22:16

Mathijs
An original '52 is anywhere near $28K. This butchered '52 only real value are the pickups and neck, which are $5K if original. The body is worthless with its routes and paint job.

Mathijs

Exactly, disgusting seeing someone destroy a original 52 Tele like that.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 23, 2019 22:22

Thanks guy's I don't think I hit the ebay link.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 23, 2019 23:13

NICOS
Thanks guy's I don't think I hit the ebay link.

Click on it if you like retarded "popular" amateurish work of "art".

The Keef portrait is quite ugly, like some bad tattoo. Keith's fingers look like a collection of small dog turds... sad smiley

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 24, 2019 01:48

Not worth $50K with the modifications. Sorry.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 24, 2019 03:38

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 24, 2019 03:53

WTF!!!! $50000 with a @#$%& Yap Yap written on it. Paint isn't Cheap ,son!

Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: January 24, 2019 04:27

Offered him 13 dollars. Hope he accepts!!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 24, 2019 05:47

First off, what an ugly guitar, no offense to KR. Re the fingers, she who must be obeyed here in my house, agrees with the statement above regarding the fingers.

As for the guitar, perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but does it have binding of some sort around the edges of the body? The whole top, if you enlarge the image a tad, looks like some kind of painted lamination on top of a telecaster style body, with the edges of the lamination stopping just short of the binding material. The photos on ebay of the guitar look like someone's idea of what a relic guitar should look like. IMHO, I would not believe anything hyped by the seller regarding this guitar without written verification of what's on the guitar, hardware wise, and the age of the body and neck with serial numbers verified, if possible, by Fender. IMHO, again, I also know there's someone out there who will think this is a great guitar. Caveat emptor.

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: January 24, 2019 09:30

The base could be a 52 Tele. Neck date is period correct for 1950 to 1954: penciled by hand below the truss rod adjustment at the butt end of the neck. Many times the initials of the woodworker were also indicated, such as "TAD" or "TG" for Tadeo Gomez, as on this guitar. Also the body shows a correct date, penciled by hand, showing the name of the woodworker, Both dates are october 1952. The bridge plate shows a serial number, Fender PAT.PEND 3722. This is also period correct (Serial numbers up to 6000 are 1950 - 1954 production). The number is a bit high for 1952, it could rather hint at a 54-production.

So it's either fake (with period correct elements) or a crime (if it's a hacked up 52 Telecaster), Anyway not worth the money, imho

Resotele

Date: January 24, 2019 09:37

…..be funny if Keef gets Pierre ta buy it …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 24, 2019 09:57

Mathijs

Mathijs

Ditto .

Maybe it plays and sounds great ?...if so its a good player's instrument... but a very expensive bit of fun !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-24 10:06 by Spud.

Date: January 24, 2019 12:57

Rockman
…..be funny if Keef gets Pierre ta buy it …..
There is only one place this belongs and after removal of the hardware it should be run thru a wood chipper so as not to obstruct a guitarist from having to touch this expletive . Gibson once upon a time used to sell there "factory seconds" now they just run them thru the chipper thusly where this so called piece of expletive belongs .

Date: January 24, 2019 13:34

….maybe Keith likes the smell of a wood-chipper in the morning …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 24, 2019 21:44

My son is currently building a Micawber copy for his own use and enjoyment .

However, if someone wants to pay him $50K, I'm sure he would sell it!

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 24, 2019 21:55

Happy24
...+ $1,177.10 for shipping. This is just insane. Okay, it is a 1952 telecaster (if it really is) - how much is it worth? 10-20 times less? And the rather not a very good paint only takes away from its value in my opinion (it is a matter of taste, of course). Plus the tear and wear looks very artificail and it is done to a degree that it migh very well compromize its playability. That is impossible to judge without actaully playing it, of course. Well, people try to make money in all different kind of ways, but this a joke...

who's shipping it, Ticketmaster?

this fee, that fee, fee for calculating fees fee.....

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 25, 2019 11:42

Happy24

The same seller sells "vintage" Gibson guitar cases for $1,100 and $1,600. I got exactly the same case with my Gibson guitar for free. It is obvious, that a good vintage guitar is worth a fortune, but I can't see any real value in a vintage guitar case. Sorry. It is pathetic and it is even way more pathetic if somebody is actually willing to pay that money.

Many of the original Lifton cases are damaged or destroyed as until the 1970's Les Paul's weren't that collectible and just working instruments. So there is a market for collectors who want an original case with their original LP. Pricing is reflecting the scarcity.

Try to find original cream M69 pickup surround rings, they will set you back $10,000.

Mathijs

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 25, 2019 12:12

Elmo Lewis

Yeah, they can have my home brew "Malcolm" too winking smiley

I suspect that scores of us have "Keith Teles" that we've cobbled together ourselves . grinning smiley

Date: January 25, 2019 13:45

Mathijs
Happy24

Many of the original Lifton cases are damaged or destroyed as until the 1970's Les Paul's weren't that collectible and just working instruments. So there is a market for collectors who want an original case with their original LP. Pricing is reflecting the scarcity.

Try to find original cream M69 pickup surround rings, they will set you back $10,000.

Mathijs
For $10 grand I would buy a set of vintage PAF's. Also Mathijs , ThroBak makes pretty accurate M69 pickup surround rings just in case !

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 25, 2019 13:54

IF one has a valuable guitar, an original from 1952, how come one would devaluate it by paint it. The most crazy, and outrageous thing to do. Does not make sense at all. It is the equivalent to adding a moustache to the Mona Lisa.

Rockandroll,

Mops

Posted by: rara ()
Date: January 25, 2019 14:44

rollmops
IF one has a valuable guitar, an original from 1952, how come one would devaluate it by paint it. The most crazy, and outrageous thing to do. Does not make sense at all. It is the equivalent to adding a moustache to the Mona Lisa.

Rockandroll,

Mops

Well, guess what. Someone did precisely that and it sold for $750,000.

Mona Lisa With Moustache Sold for $750,000

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 25, 2019 15:18

Spud
Elmo Lewis

Yeah, they can have my home brew "Malcolm" too winking smiley

I suspect that scores of us have "Keith Teles" that we've cobbled together ourselves . grinning smiley

Yep, I bought a Squire Tele with a humbucker in the neck position a few years ago. I don't mind experimenting with a $200 guitar.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1756
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home