Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT(ish): Lisa Fischer Tour
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 17, 2019 17:08

She's headed to Europe soon....then back to the US

Well worth the price of admission.

She does a lot of super-cool (and extremely unique) arrangements of traditional rock/folk/blues songs....inc. Stones, Zep, Bowie & others

The arrangements of songs are amazing and her voice is a Force of Nature (trust me, you do not get the half of it from just "Gimme Shelter" w/ Mick).

Plus, she just seems like a really nice person.

Do yourself a favor and go.

[lisafischermusic.com]

Re: OT(ish): Lisa Fischer Tour
Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: January 18, 2019 06:07

Wish her shows in Cincinnati weren't on my work weekend... I'd love to check out her show.

Seattle fans... that first night is the day after The Stones' show... Sounds like a two-fer!

Posted by: Ragnbert ()
Date: January 18, 2019 17:25

Just bought tickets for the show in Stockholm on feb 15.......

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 18, 2019 17:32

TKinOH
Wish her shows in Cincinnati weren't on my work weekend... I'd love to check out her show.

Seattle fans... that first night is the day after The Stones' show... Sounds like a two-fer!

She's playing Jazz Alley and the tickets are on sale now.
Saw her there a couple years ago and really enjoyed it.
Great venue for it.. if attending solo, I highly recommend the barstool seating..

[www.jazzalley.com]

Date: January 18, 2019 17:39

MisterDDDD
TKinOH

She's playing Jazz Alley and the tickets are on sale now.
Saw her there a couple years ago and really enjoyed it.
Great venue for it.. if attending solo, I highly recommend the barstool seating..

[www.jazzalley.com]

On a side note, I would love to see her make a guest appearance at the bands Seattle show. Doubtful, as the last time I saw her was near the Desert Trip site (night before the stones show) where I was certain she was in the area so she could join them for a number, but not to be. Perhaps a few years after her departure could be a better time for one though, would be great to have her and Sasha do Gimme Shelter together.. cool smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 19, 2019 21:58

Love to see her, wished she was coming to Brum.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 20, 2019 04:22

I read a lukewarm review of one of her shows from a member here, and based on her typical setlists (99% covers) not sure this would be my cup of tea unless it was free at a bar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-20 04:23 by Hairball.

Semi O.T.: Lisa Fischer in Seattle
Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: January 25, 2019 00:18

I noticed that Lisa Fischer is going to be performing at Dimitrou’s Jazz Alley on May 23, the night after the Stones show. I am planning to go, but I’m wondering, do any of you think that any of the boys will show up? Has that happened in recent years? I’m going to attend just the same but thinking about that possibility.

Re: Semi O.T.: Lisa Fischer in Seattle
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 25, 2019 00:20

….. no …..

ROCKMAN

Date: January 25, 2019 00:28

LOL! Rockman, I appreciate your straightforward reply!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 25, 2019 00:41

….ok....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 25, 2019 00:43

Maybe she will attend the Stones show, and if the circumstances are right maybe even be invited up on stage.

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: January 25, 2019 02:48

Maybe Bernard or Charlie. I will check it out.

Date: January 25, 2019 03:19

Also mentioned in the Seattle thread..

Saw her at Jazz Alley a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it!
(even got a hug from Lisa on the way out as she generally thanks people for coming)

Also saw her the night before Desert Trip at a local hotel venue nearby.
Was certain she was going to appear as a guest with the band, but not to be.
Charlie (who I literally almost bumped in to as I was leaving the bar area) was there as was Keith (I believe,I heard he was but didn't see) and Sasha.

Sasha did Wild Horses with Lisa in a very touching "passing of the torch" encore consisting of a couple numbers.

With her at Jazz Alley for four nights immediately after the Stones show, would not be surprising at all to see any of them at her show. Would be more surprising not to imo. I may go the first night as that's the most likely as the bands gotta get to Denver cool smiley

Tickets on sale now.. [www.jazzalley.com]

They have a good dinner option that includes early admission, good food and great seating, or grab a seat at the bar, which I can also highly recommend.

From their site:
Our early (7:30PM) Sets
Dinner - We hold tables closest to the stage and give preferential seating to guests who have chosen to have dinner with us.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-25 03:37 by MisterDDDD.

Date: January 25, 2019 04:21

MisterDDDD
Also mentioned in the Seattle thread..

Saw her at Jazz Alley a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it!
(even got a hug from Lisa on the way out as she generally thanks people for coming)

Also saw her the night before Desert Trip at a local hotel venue nearby.
Was certain she was going to appear as a guest with the band, but not to be.
Charlie (who I literally almost bumped in to as I was leaving the bar area) was there as was Keith (I believe,I heard he was but didn't see) and Sasha.

Sasha did Wild Horses with Lisa in a very touching "passing of the torch" encore consisting of a couple numbers.

With her at Jazz Alley for four nights immediately after the Stones show, would not be surprising at all to see any of them at her show. Would be more surprising not to imo. I may go the first night as that's the most likely as the bands gotta get to Denver cool smiley

Tickets on sale now.. [www.jazzalley.com]

They have a good dinner option that includes early admission, good food and great seating, or grab a seat at the bar, which I can also highly recommend.

From their site:
Our early (7:30PM) Sets
Dinner - We hold tables closest to the stage and give preferential seating to guests who have chosen to have dinner with us.

Hey, would like to meet you. I’m thinking of doing dinner and a table near the stage.

Date: January 25, 2019 04:48

DaveG
Hey, would like to meet you. I’m thinking of doing dinner and a table near the stage.

That would be great.
Just checked with my better half and she can't make that night, so I would be going solo. Would be nice to see if we could get an IORR table, perhaps with a few of us.. an after party if you will cool smiley They will also combine tables if we had a small group.
(I'll post in Seattle thread as well)

My email is not hidden.. Drop me an email and we can figure it out.
Others interested, feel free to do the same. I could also call the venue as I have had better luck in the past (better seats) by calling than what they show online..

Date: January 25, 2019 06:26

MisterDDDD
DaveG

That would be great.
Just checked with my better half and she can't make that night, so I would be going solo. Would be nice to see if we could get an IORR table, perhaps with a few of us.. an after party if you will cool smiley They will also combine tables if we had a small group.
(I'll post in Seattle thread as well)

My email is not hidden.. Drop me an email and we can figure it out.
Others interested, feel free to do the same. I could also call the venue as I have had better luck in the past (better seats) by calling than what they show online..

Sounds great. I’ll be emailing you,

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 25, 2019 06:29

Hi Lisa. We still love you; never doubt.
You were so great so many nights and we're never gonna forget ya
and always gonna love you. xoxo

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 25, 2019 21:40

No idea.

doubtful.

maybe Bernard?

However, she is worth the price of admission on her own.

do yourself a favor and go....if you get a "bonus appearance" then all the better.

you will not be disappointed either way.

Date: January 26, 2019 23:15

Scored a table right in front for the Thursday show...
Should be a good time day after the Stones show!!

Hope to see others there.. then Tedeschi Trucks at the Paramount on Friday.
Great three nights of music in Seattle... looking forward to it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-26 23:15 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: January 27, 2019 04:03

Goldstar has tickets for her at half price for her Yoshi's Oakland show ($23). They had a few free (plus service charge), but those sold out. It's a nice small club with good sight lines and sound. One drink minimum.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home