Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Bryan Ferry is bringing Avalon to America
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: January 17, 2019 15:47

Does he still tour, you might ask. Appearantly yes, first half ot this year is packed with gigs. The US leg comes in August, but hasn`t he always brought Avalon to America? Isn`t this just a lame new wrapping of nothing new? Well, if he really lives up to this new banner, it could mean that he`ll play more songs from this album than usual.

Re: OT: Bryan Ferry is bringing Avalon to America
Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: January 17, 2019 16:41

He has toured US before and performed songs from Avalon plus other Roxy and solo tracks. Saw him in 2016 in Philadelphia supporting the Avonmore solo LP. I guess this tour is supposed to feature Avalon, following on the Hall of Fame induction of Roxy. Is this controversial? Maybe because not all Roxy fans like this LP, but I do.

HBK

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: January 17, 2019 17:39

Got 2nd row Pit for his Boston Opera House show. Seen him several times - big fan of his, and Avalon - one of my favorite albums ever,

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 17, 2019 19:04

Also plan on seeing him in Boston. He had to cancel in 2016 with throat problems at the last minute. Looks like half the show Avalon, the other half much better songs.....lol

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: January 17, 2019 23:40

Yeah, I am considering seeing him in Austin, Texas at the ACL Moody Theatre. BUT between his noticeably deteriorated voice, the ABSURDLY high ticket prices, having seen Roxy in NYC at their peak and this not actually being Roxy Music and my advanced age I will probably pass.

Date: January 17, 2019 23:54

Bungo
Yeah, I am considering seeing him in Austin, Texas at the ACL Moody Theatre. BUT between his noticeably deteriorated voice, the ABSURDLY high ticket prices, having seen Roxy in NYC at their peak and this not actually being Roxy Music and my advanced age I will probably pass.

Don't Stop the Dance

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 17, 2019 23:54

Truly a great artist and excellent in concert.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: January 18, 2019 03:47

Maindefender
Also plan on seeing him in Boston. He had to cancel in 2016 with throat problems at the last minute. Looks like half the show Avalon, the other half much better songs.....lol

I was outsiDE the Boston Orpheum when I got the news about his last minute cancellation. I guess he tried soundchecking, but it wasn’t happening - that was a total bummer.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 18, 2019 09:58

I saw the High Road tour with Roxy, essentially the Avalon tour. Superb show. Have my doubts if he would ever top that at this point.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: January 18, 2019 10:14

I have front row tickets to see him in Sydney, Australia in March. I'm really looking forward to it regardless of which material he chooses.

Date: January 18, 2019 13:30

DEmerson
Maindefender

I was outsiDE the Boston Orpheum when I got the news about his last minute cancellation. I guess he tried soundchecking, but it wasn’t happening - that was a total bummer.

Yeah we left the Beantown Pub ready to see Bryan. Took the left for the Orpheum and bam, party over...will get tickets if not too ridiculous

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 18, 2019 14:53

I saw the Roxy US tour in May '83 after Avalon and the first Roxy reunion tour in summer '01. Both great shows, the reunion especially.

I saw Ferry solo a couple years ago. Excellent band, fab set list, but Ferry's voice has deteriorated to the point where he put some songs in lower keys.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: January 19, 2019 03:24

Coming to Philadelphia in August

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: January 19, 2019 23:22

Will be seeing Ferry for the first time on this tour, very excited. I kind of wish he was featuring a different album than Avalon though, not one of my favorite Roxy albums.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 20, 2019 05:15

Hope to see him in Vancouver in Sept.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-20 05:15 by babyblue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home