Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122
Current Page: 22 of 22
Re: Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap
Posted by: banditpanda ()
Date: August 26, 2020 01:05

Crosseyed Heart!? I was so disappointed. Listened to it once and put it on the shelf from where it has never moved since!
What am I missing?
BP

Re: Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap 30th Anniversary Edition
Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 26, 2020 01:49

A great album is what you’re missing

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 26, 2020 16:23

I agree with banditpanda Crosseyed Heart is a big let down after so long of a wait. Basically, its boring. A retread with little to distinguish it. Often plodding and amateurish. With basically two good tracks.

Date: August 26, 2020 16:26

Talk is Cheap on the other hand is classic Keith! A fantastic record, with good writing, playing and production.

As for the 30 anniversary. I will rant about the vinyl deluxe collection. Bought it three different times because of massive warp on both albums. All three had the same warp. Terrible quality control. Reverted to the single album and it is great, a great pressing and mastering is superb.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 26, 2020 16:30

whitem8
I agree with banditpanda Crosseyed Heart is a big let down after so long of a wait. Basically, its boring. A retread with little to distinguish it. Often plodding and amateurish. With basically two good tracks.

What two tracks do speak of?

Date: August 26, 2020 17:08

Heart Stopper and Substantial Damage.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 26, 2020 18:13

I love all 3 of Keith's albums, too bad he hasn't done a couple more over the years.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 26, 2020 20:37

treaclefingers
Hairball
It's been bouncing up and down since the original sale in June when it was $41 (w/free shipping US).
I've been tempted to get another copy for a friend, and have one in my "saved for later" cart watching the prices fluctuate.
One minute's it's around $45, then jumps up to $50, then back down, and back up...and currently at a whopping $140...
No place left for it to go but back down again, so I suppose if it goes back below $45 again I'll snatch it while I can.

I immediately kicked myself for not buying a second copy. I'll 'wait and see' as well.

Price is dropping back down again, slowly but surely....
Yesterday it was listed at $121 and today it's down to $116...if it drops another $70 down to around $45 I'm jumping on it haha....

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 26, 2020 22:43

whitem8
Heart Stopper and Substantial Damage.

That would make sense, what about Blues In The Morning?

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 26, 2020 23:51

Hairball have you actually played your vinyl? Did it have a warp like reported, or were the records fine? I only ripped the cds, haven't spun the vinyl. My records did have split seams on the cover but I shrugged it off. Would grab another if they hit under fifty again

jb

Date: August 27, 2020 00:06

Everything is perfect in my set - no split seams, yes the vinyl plays great, and I don't recall any reports from anyone of vinyl being warped.
That said, I do recall someone getting a Brussels Affair deluxe box set that had a warped album - I think they were actually able to send it all back for a replacement.
I had no problems whatsoever with that box set either - guess I've been lucky.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 27, 2020 04:10

Quoted from above:

>As for the 30 anniversary. I will rant about the vinyl deluxe collection. Bought
>it three different times because of massive warp on both albums. All three had
>the same warp. Terrible quality control. Reverted to the single album and it is
>great, a great pressing and mastering is superb.

Thats where I got the idea the vinyl might be warped. Thanks for your reply hairball...

jb

Date: August 27, 2020 04:56

Funny I didn't see that post from whitem8 previously regarding the warped albums, but now that I have my memory has been jarred.
I'm almost 100% certain it was also whitem8 who had the warped album problem with the Brussels Affair Deluxe box I mentioned above.
If it was him, he seems to be cursed by the warped album demons...

whitem8
Talk is Cheap on the other hand is classic Keith! A fantastic record, with good writing, playing and production.

As for the 30 anniversary. I will rant about the vinyl deluxe collection. Bought it three different times because of massive warp on both albums. All three had the same warp. Terrible quality control. Reverted to the single album and it is great, a great pressing and mastering is superb.

Sorry to joke about it whitem8, but if it wasn't for bad luck, you might not have any luck at all...
And if it was you who had the Brussels Deluxe box vinyl problem, did you ever get that taken care of?
Or maybe it was the Exile Deluxe?

Date: August 27, 2020 14:40

Yes Hairball! You have a great memory!! I did finally get a good Brussels set...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 18, 2020 04:06

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 03:46

Anything special on the Japanese releases for this one?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 20, 2021 08:38

fantastic

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 9, 2021 00:53

Wow...all my life I thought the drums on Take it so hard were played by Steve Jordan. I even thought this was his signature track. I just realised by watching multiple X-Pensive Winos videos that Charley Drayton plays drums on this track and Steve plays the bass...this is one of those weird moments when you start to question all your knowledge about this band and their side projects...

edit: On Boston 1993 video steve jordan plays drums and Charley Drayton doesn't seem to be present at this concert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-09 01:00 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 9, 2021 02:10

Talk Is Cheap (TIC) is a great album, the best Stones album in years at that point in time (and maybe since). What...it's not a Stones album? It should've been. Great songs, great grooves, all the Stones needed to slap down on vinyl and regain their crown. Luckily, I got to see KR on tour for TIC twice - Washington, DC and Philly. He and the Winos rocked out both locales. Got to see him again in DC for the Main Offender tour which is memorable to me because the power went down at DAR Hall during the show and the band was left wondering how to finish out the night. Listened to Crosseyed Heart once and realized I'd been there, done that, heard this before. Haven't checked it out since. I can probably say the same for Stones albums from the 1980s forward, cherry picking songs from the albums to add to my listening mix and leaving the rest behind.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122
Current Page: 22 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home