Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 21 of 22
Re: Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap 30th Anniversary Edition
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 2, 2020 22:14

Well the next time anyone notices the Brussels box for $150, I sure hope I find out about it!

As for the sound quality of this Talk is Cheap reissue, from the comments on Amazon (if you believe them), this version of remaster sounds way better than prior releases, I think one person said it was like "cleaning the windshield" sonically, much clearer than prior issues. Again, don't know if that is to be believed but I have the original LP and was never amazed at the sound quality, sounded kinda down in the mud a little to me, not much dynamic range. I may be remembering that incorrectly though.

thanks again
jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-02 22:18 by jbwelda.

Date: June 6, 2020 03:51

This arrived today with amazing speed since I only ordered it the other day along with a few other things. What a package! I cannot seem to remove the posters without threat of tearing the packaging and the thing seems a little overpacked. I hope the vinyl is not warped because it does get a little stressed from the stuff pressing up against them you can tell. The upper seam of both LPs were split a little bit which is kind of a drag but for the price I guess its ok. Lots of interesting junk included, I wish this laminate would actually work at some point and I guess I missed the listening party the invite is to. But the meat is the two LPs, or in this case, I think I will just rip the cds to mp3 and see how they sound tonite, maybe spin the vinyl on the big system, I am curious about the bonus material.

Thanks again for the heads up, at this price it works out well lb/$ at least, the dang thing weighs 10 pounds!

jb

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 6, 2020 04:11

It would have been interesting if Mick Taylor had toured with Winos with Keith and Waddy.No Jagger

Date: June 6, 2020 06:04

I am impressed with the bonus disk. I really like the jazz inflection and the instrumental nature of what I have heard so far. Nice ensemble playing.

And my ears aren't bleeding yet. Still have a couple more songs to go. All in all, an excellent buy.

jb

Date: June 6, 2020 16:15

No need for your ears to bleed. The remix is excellent, at least on vinyl.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 6, 2020 19:47

Received large box set the night before last, and I would say it's the best $41 I ever spent, but I haven't even had time to open it yet!
Need to be in the right frame of mind to fully absorb and enjoy, but based on the weight and the size of package,I'm sure it's well worth ever penny....

Seems there's a large stockpile of these, but the price on Amazon US has now increased from $41 to $55 which is still ALOT cheaper than any other site it's available at though.
And since I'm in no absolute hurry to go through the entire box right now, here's Paul Sinclair from SuperDeluxeEdition.com giving a very detailed description.

Didn't realize all the extra goodies it comes with - including the guitar pick, laminate, and the two giant posters, etc!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-06 19:49 by Hairball.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 6, 2020 20:53

Agree, mine arrived today. Goat’s Head Soup in less than 3 months, Listen To The Magic oh yeah

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 7, 2020 02:58

Hairball
Received large box set the night before last, and I would say it's the best $41 I ever spent, but I haven't even had time to open it yet!
Need to be in the right frame of mind to fully absorb and enjoy, but based on the weight and the size of package,I'm sure it's well worth ever penny....

Seems there's a large stockpile of these, but the price on Amazon US has now increased from $41 to $55 which is still ALOT cheaper than any other site it's available at though.
And since I'm in no absolute hurry to go through the entire box right now, here's Paul Sinclair from SuperDeluxeEdition.com giving a very detailed description.

Didn't realize all the extra goodies it comes with - including the guitar pick, laminate, and the two giant posters, etc!

Looks great, but not seeing it for that price. Link? Congrats anyway on the find!

Date: June 7, 2020 03:47

treaclefingers
Hairball

Looks great, but not seeing it for that price. Link? Congrats anyway on the find!

Link originally posted by gotdablouse on previous page (thanks again gotdablouse!), and here it is again on Amazon USA> Talk-Cheap-Deluxe-Box-Set - still showing $55 and no doubt still a good deal.

Went through the box earlier down at my art studio where I was in the right frame of mind, and it's as grand and amazing as the video above shows. thumbs up
Arrived in a cardboard box that was contained in an outer Amazon cardboard box, so it was literally double boxed, and everything is in perfect condition.
It was free shipping in USA (w/tax grand total was about $44), but I think you're in Canada (?), so no sure what shipping fees will be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-07 03:47 by Hairball.

Date: June 7, 2020 03:50

I am kinda bugged now that both my LPs had splits in the cover at the top but like I said for the price I guess I should just let it go. Would have been nice to get a perfect set though.

Hairball could you get your two posters out of the folder thing that is part of the binding? Mine would only come out a little without resistance and I got them about half out before it seemed to me I was going to be tearing something if I persisted. Still have not extracted them.

jb

Date: June 7, 2020 03:59

Yes - took 12" vinyls and the book out of their respective corner straps (which were tight) along with all the other goodies, and then slowly and carefully manipulated posters out of the tight envelope.
Didn't try to put them back in envelope, and will keep them in the book for the time being (perfect fit), and will not put 12" vinyls or the book back in the corner straps as the main outer single cover strap is enough to hold everything in place.
Nice effort with those corner straps, but too tight and ultimately unnecessary - could possibly damage the vinyl covers by bending, etc. if I was to try and take them in and put them back out over and over again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-07 04:01 by Hairball.

Date: June 7, 2020 05:12

Thanks man, hadn't thought of taking the book out. I filed the LPs with my vinyl, the singles with my singles and kept the cds with the package. Don't know why it didn't occur to me to lighten the load so to speak by removing the book. Thanks again for the tip.

jb

Date: June 8, 2020 06:07

Hairball
treaclefingers
Hairball

Link originally posted by gotdablouse on previous page (thanks again gotdablouse!), and here it is again on Amazon USA> Talk-Cheap-Deluxe-Box-Set - still showing $55 and no doubt still a good deal.

Went through the box earlier down at my art studio where I was in the right frame of mind, and it's as grand and amazing as the video above shows. thumbs up
Arrived in a cardboard box that was contained in an outer Amazon cardboard box, so it was literally double boxed, and everything is in perfect condition.
It was free shipping in USA (w/tax grand total was about $44), but I think you're in Canada (?), so no sure what shipping fees will be.

thanks...shipping is $37. Good deal but that shipping is killer.

Date: June 8, 2020 08:26

Here in the usa, shipping is free for > 35$, so this box shipped free. Don't know where you live but are you sure you are going to get charged $37? Maybe if you pick a slower shipping method it will show up free shipping.

jb

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 9, 2020 00:22

37$ was shipping+import taxes to Europe, still a decent deal with the $41 they were asking for the set !

Mine arrived today, just a week after ordering, double-boxed indeed and the internal box is sealed. Gonna save it for a rainy day ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 9, 2020 00:37

yeah I liked that the inner box was sealed with a Talk Is Cheap seal.

jb

Date: August 20, 2020 19:02

OK, I buckled down and bought it, $44 plus shipping plus import duties...$65ish.

Looking forward to it.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: August 20, 2020 21:12

Thanks for sharing the link

Date: August 21, 2020 23:42

Donnebr
Thanks for sharing the link

Sorry man...it was on amazon.com for the longest time, should have realized not everyone would know that.

BTW, they bumped it up by $100 IMMEDIATELY after I bought it, so that opportunity was gone right away.

Date: August 22, 2020 00:24

It's been bouncing up and down since the original sale in June when it was $41 (w/free shipping US).
I've been tempted to get another copy for a friend, and have one in my "saved for later" cart watching the prices fluctuate.
One minute's it's around $45, then jumps up to $50, then back down, and back up...and currently at a whopping $140...
No place left for it to go but back down again, so I suppose if it goes back below $45 again I'll snatch it while I can.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 22, 2020 04:00

Dynamic pricing just like on Ticketmaster!

Date: August 22, 2020 16:09

Hairball
It's been bouncing up and down since the original sale in June when it was $41 (w/free shipping US).
I've been tempted to get another copy for a friend, and have one in my "saved for later" cart watching the prices fluctuate.
One minute's it's around $45, then jumps up to $50, then back down, and back up...and currently at a whopping $140...
No place left for it to go but back down again, so I suppose if it goes back below $45 again I'll snatch it while I can.

I immediately kicked myself for not buying a second copy. I'll 'wait and see' as well.

Date: August 23, 2020 04:41

No worries. I was genuinely thanking you. I got 1 for $45 & free shipping. It’s now at a$150

Date: August 23, 2020 05:05

It was a pure steal at that price.

jb

Date: August 23, 2020 07:16

Donnebr
No worries. I was genuinely thanking you. I got 1 for $45 & free shipping. It’s now at a$150

smileys with beer

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: August 23, 2020 09:29

The prices on this box set on Amazon have been low for awhile, I bought it from the Australian Amazon for $88 delivered (about $63 USD) in May.

Date: August 24, 2020 01:28

ChrisMahavishnu
The prices on this box set on Amazon have been low for awhile, I bought it from the Australian Amazon for $88 delivered (about $63 USD) in May.

been waiting for a price break on the Let It Bleed boxset which has yet to come.

Date: August 24, 2020 04:39

Whoever posted this, thank you. Can I suggest you add something in your subject title to alert people to a great deal. $44, if I ever meet you I owe ya a pint

Date: August 24, 2020 06:52

That was yesterday,
And yesterday's gone.

jb

Date: August 24, 2020 06:59

never mind, false alarm, sorry.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-24 07:04 by jbwelda.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 21 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home