Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 19 of 22
Re: Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap 30th Anniversary Edition
Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 12:33

Here are line-up infos:

[www.discogs.com]

Date: April 10, 2019 17:07

kowalski
I bought the 2-CD edition. I must say it's a very fine reissue. Love the book-like CD case. You can feel extra care was taken for the reissue. A beautiful object actuslly. Of course I wish the original album wasn't remastered so loud, but I still have the original CD - which sounded perfectly fine by the way. The bonus disc makes an interesting listening. Early takes on some of the album tracks would have made it even better imo.If only the classic Stones albums could be reissued with the same care...

no essay of any kind or actual recording dates is extra care?

Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: April 10, 2019 18:39

April 11 : exclusive (french) interview of Keith in weekly magazine Paris Match by Philippe Manoeuvre (the most famous rock-critic in France).

YM

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 10, 2019 22:43

Yazid Manou
the most famous rock-critic in France

YM

Alas... Guys like Phil Garnier or Laurent Chalumeau are so much more talented than "Phil".

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 11, 2019 03:07

keefriffhard4life
kowalski
I bought the 2-CD edition. I must say it's a very fine reissue. Love the book-like CD case. You can feel extra care was taken for the reissue. A beautiful object actuslly. Of course I wish the original album wasn't remastered so loud, but I still have the original CD - which sounded perfectly fine by the way. The bonus disc makes an interesting listening. Early takes on some of the album tracks would have made it even better imo.If only the classic Stones albums could be reissued with the same care...

Essays... I don't listen to essays. I only listen to music.

Date: April 11, 2019 12:07

Unboxing video from SDE : [www.superdeluxeedition.com]

Date: April 11, 2019 17:07

kowalski
keefriffhard4life
kowalski

then what "extra care" was taken? 35 minutes of session material, some of the songs on there are edited

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: April 11, 2019 17:18

My red vinyl edition just arrived! What an amazing album!

Date: April 11, 2019 18:07

keefriffhard4life
kowalski
keefriffhard4life
kowalski

then what "extra care" was taken? 35 minutes of session material, some of the songs on there are edited

I mean packaging, additional pictures... and additional tracks. From these you get a good feeling of the sessions, which I think was the intention (actually the bonus CD is called "TIC sessions"). And the album is still great after all these years. So,, yeah a nice 2-CD set to hold and to listen to.

By the way, if you absolutely need the notes/essay you still can get them with the super deluxe edition (with a lot of goodies).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-11 18:25 by kowalski.

Date: April 11, 2019 19:47

kowalski
keefriffhard4life
kowalski
keefriffhard4life
kowalski

I mean packaging, additional pictures... and additional tracks. From these you get a good feeling of the sessions, which I think was the intention (actually the bonus CD is called "TIC sessions"). And the album is still great after all these years. So,, yeah a nice 2-CD set to hold and to listen to.

By the way, if you absolutely need the notes/essay you still can get them with the super deluxe edition (with a lot of goodies).

expensive set just for liner notes? no thanks. no extra music or anything.

david bowie and several other artists issued 2 cd sets decades ago with pretty much the exact same packaging

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 12, 2019 10:02

I only have the normal 2CD set so far. Nice and very "cheap" (12 EUR in Germany). But to be honest the bonus songs didn’t blow me away. The only real good song is Mark On Me (the rest is more or less jamming around), obviously the known bootleg take, but suddenly faded out. Why did they not also/instead include some alternate versions of album tracks? It seems there were not many good outtakes left - all great songs from the sessions are already on the original album.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: April 12, 2019 13:51

Something very strange happened to me yesterday.
I got a package from the official Keith Richards site, it looked like a vinyl shipping box, but I didn't order the LP version at his site.
When I opened it there was a signed cardboard paper in it, so this was probably missing in the super deluxe box, which I didn't open yet. If not I have no idea why I received this item without any explanation.
Anyone else had this experience?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-12 14:00 by GJV.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 12, 2019 13:58

Love the bonus jams, such a Keith thing to do....

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: April 12, 2019 14:23

GJV
I got a package from the official Keith Richards site, it looked like a vinyl shipping box, but I didn't order the LP version at his site.
When I opened it there was a signed cardboard paper in it, so this was probably missing in the super deluxe box, which I didn't open yet. If not I have no idea why I received this item without any explanation.

What country are you in? I am still waiting for my signed box to arrive here in France. Strange indeed if you didn't order it smiling smiley

Date: April 12, 2019 15:02

Monsoon Ragoon
I only have the normal 2CD set so far. Nice and very "cheap" (12 EUR in Germany). But to be honest the bonus songs didn’t blow me away. The only real good song is Mark On Me (the rest is more or less jamming around), obviously the known bootleg take, but suddenly faded out. Why did they not also/instead include some alternate versions of album tracks? It seems there were not many good outtakes left - all great songs from the sessions are already on the original album.

since I haven't heard the entire sessions I can't say they was good stuff left off the album and left off the bonus disc 2. I like disc 2 but it seems there is probably more stuff out there

Date: April 12, 2019 15:17

keefriffhard4life
I like disc 2 but it seems there is probably more stuff out there

yeah just think that Don Covay lent a hand for the very early TIC sessions. I'd love to hear some of that. Methinks Keef nixed the idea as it was too close to DW that is to "Stones territory".
That's probably the same reason why we didn't get a take of "... Hear You Sigh" on the reissue : too close to "Stones territory"...

Posted by: folon ()
Date: April 12, 2019 15:39

GJV

In Germany, I received my signed wooden super deluxe shipment in one parcel but in two separate packages. One packaging as you describe above with the signed print and one packaging with the heavy wooden box. This arrived about 2-3 days ago.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 12, 2019 18:47

Keith Richards on Going Solo, and Why It Made Him Appreciate Mick Jagger

The guitarist goes deep on the X-Pensive Winos’ underrated 1988 classic ‘Talk Is Cheap,’ which has just been reissued

by Patrick Doyle

Paul Natkin/WireImage

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: April 12, 2019 19:39

bye bye johnny
Keith Richards on Going Solo, and Why It Made Him Appreciate Mick Jagger[/size]

by Patrick Doyle

[www.rollingstone.com]

Great interview : Keef hasn't been this clever, this witty and this BS-free in years!

Okay not this bit : grinning smiley
"I love the live version of “Gimme Shelter” you did with the Winos.

Oh, yeah, that was one of the best versions I ever did without the Stones. I think sometimes better!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-12 19:42 by dcba.

Date: April 12, 2019 20:50

damnation
GJV

What country are you in? I am still waiting for my signed box to arrive here in France. Strange indeed if you didn't order it smiling smiley

The Netherlands and I got my box a week ago on Friday.

Date: April 12, 2019 20:55

folon
GJV

In Germany, I received my signed wooden super deluxe shipment in one parcel but in two separate packages. One packaging as you describe above with the signed print and one packaging with the heavy wooden box. This arrived about 2-3 days ago.

Strangely enough I received the box a week ago and got the signed print yesterday. But why isn't it just with/in the box itself? Very strange and peculiar.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: April 12, 2019 23:01

So the limited edition box got to finally delivered. Although it comes with the signed print it has a number way beyond 250. Those of you who ordered a signed one what was your number? The secret compartment for the silver pick is pretty cool!

Date: April 12, 2019 23:30

"We recorded thirty-odd tracks for this thing, so there's plenty in the can".

- Keith Richards, September 1988

[timeisonourside.com]

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 13, 2019 00:50

dcba
"We recorded thirty-odd tracks for this thing, so there's plenty in the can".

- Keith Richards, September 1988

[timeisonourside.com]

Some of those made it to Main Offender?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 15, 2019 20:52

I got my signed picture in a separate box delivered the same day. My box number is 457 I think without pulling out all that stuff. Anyhow I think the number has nothing to do with the signatures because there's many more wooden boxes. Maybe even 1000, I forgot.

Date: April 16, 2019 00:21

I wish they didn't send it like this, because now I had to pay tax twice.

Date: April 16, 2019 19:31

I paid a single tax of 134 euros for both boxes. Directly to the UPS driver too. The prices we pay huh.

Date: April 16, 2019 22:55

I had to pay later when I got the bill yesterday from UPS and it was together 136,06 euro.

Date: April 17, 2019 14:43

Hmm, wonder why it was pay on the delivery for me. Maybe they tacked on another 2 euro charge for you. Anyway it's a lot. Let's enjoy the box. However I think it's the last time I buy something like this.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: April 24, 2019 18:33

Does anyone know how much the edition of the super deluxe box and the deluxe box is? 250 of the super deluxe box are signed, but the others?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 19 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home