Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 22
Re: Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap 30th Anniversary Edition
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 26, 2019 04:45

Keith sounds fine ta me …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: March 26, 2019 05:35

keefriff99
keithsman
keefriff99
keithsman
keefriff99
Oh god, WHY is he mucking with hair dye again?? He looks great gray.

Yeah and what happened to Keith saying all those toxins in the hair dye are bad for you. A change of heart, Keith's got something up his sleeve.
Maybe Keith's signed up for the life extension program that Mick's on, if he starts running either side of the stage during brown Sugar and Satisfaction it's a dead giveaway.
He also sounds pretty trashed in this interview...not a good sign.

Remember to take your ear plugs for the solo's on SFTD and butchered lyrics in all the wrong places on Can't Be Seen, not to mention he will forget how to play the intro to SMU and Happy. Expect lots of glaring looks from Mick and Chuck will take over most of the Tatar work with synth keys, can't wait.
I'm not THAT pessimistic, but Keith has spent several recent interviews talking about his new-found sobriety, and here he is sounding REALLY tipsy.

Maybe he just decided to indulge for one day for this interview, but it looks a bit ominous.

How can you tell he's tipsy? He always sounds that way.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 26, 2019 14:20

I can't be the only one who can tell he's buzzed. First of all, he's got his red Solo cup, he's slurring and the words are drawn out. When he's straight, his manner of speaking is cleaner.

Like I said, he could have just decided to drink for the interview. He said he still drinks, just not to the level he used to. It's just odd since he's been talking up his moderation recently.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 26, 2019 14:37

He also said he partied pretty hard at the end of 2018 and needed to dry out...lol!! Life's just a cocktail party........

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: March 26, 2019 14:58

keefriff99
I'm not THAT pessimistic, but Keith has spent several recent interviews talking about his new-found sobriety, and here he is sounding REALLY tipsy.

Maybe he just decided to indulge for one day for this interview, but it looks a bit ominous.

I know a guy who bumped into Keith in NYC a few weeks ago, and he was taking sake shots so clearly the sobriety might be just a temporary thing, or he is given dispensation for the weekend. winking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 26, 2019 15:01

Whats the problem.let the man have a drink to enjoy himself. There are far greater problems on this earth than Keef having a drink. For @#$%& sake.
Jeroen

Date: March 26, 2019 16:19

runrudolph
Whats the problem.let the man have a drink to enjoy himself. There are far greater problems on this earth than Keef having a drink. For @#$%& sake.
Jeroen
I care when I'm seeing them in a couple of months, and I'd like it to be a great show considering it might be the last time.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 26, 2019 16:24

It's not funny but you can't help but smile.

Keith has a long history of confusing the idea of "going straight" with the exchange of one addiction for another.

If he stops drinking JD and starts guzzling Vodka and Orange instead...as far as he's concerned he's kicked it.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 26, 2019 16:25

wickerman

I know a guy who bumped into Keith in NYC a few weeks ago, and he was taking sake shots so clearly the sobriety might be just a temporary thing

Some sakes are not stronger than a strong beer...

Date: March 26, 2019 16:28

Spud

Keith has a long history of confusing the idea of "going straight" with the exchange of one addiction for another.

If he stops drinking JD and starts guzzling Vodka and Orange instead...as far as he's concerned he's kicked it.
Look, we've all, as fans, been morbidly fascinated by Keith's decadent lifestyle over the decades.

I don't care if he's having a few drinks while reminiscing about Talk Is Cheap. I just hope he doesn't keep the party going into the tour. I'm amazed he's altered his lifestyle as much as he has over the past few years...he's not 40 or 50 or even 60 anymore.

Date: March 26, 2019 16:39

keefriff99
runrudolph
Jeroen
I care when I'm seeing them in a couple of months, and I'd like it to be a great show considering it might be the last time.

You will have a great time.
jeroen

Date: March 26, 2019 16:40

keefriff99
Spud

Look, we've all, as fans, been morbidly fascinated by Keith's decadent lifestyle over the decades.

I don't care if he's having a few drinks while reminiscing about Talk Is Cheap. I just hope he doesn't keep the party going into the tour. I'm amazed he's altered his lifestyle as much as he has over the past few years...he's not 40 or 50 or even 60 anymore.

not even 70, 0r 74 anymore.
jeroen

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 26, 2019 16:52

Keith's consumption over recent years of alcohol and/or drugs is quite obviously much reduced when compared to the excesses of his past.
At his age he probably wouldn't be here if it weren't.

I suspect that's why you can now better tell when he's had a drink...he's not quite so used to it or tolerant as he used to be.

Behind all his bluster I believe he does actually have quite a bit of that self control he claims... and is more than able these days to turn up for work in good fettle.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 26, 2019 17:07

Three clips from the Sirius XM interview:

Keith Richards on the Pressures of Being A Frontman

[youtu.be]

Keith Richards On His Reasons to go Solo

[youtu.be]

Keith Richards Tells Steve Jordan "Talk Is Cheap" Should Have A Second Life

[youtu.be]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 26, 2019 17:27

iHeartRadio ICONS with Keith Richards: How To Stream Live

By Taylor Fields

March 25, 2019

There is no doubt that Keith Richards is a rock & roll icon, especially being a big part of one of the most legendary rock bands of all time, The Rolling Stones. But in 1988, Richards released his debut solo album, Talk Is Cheap, and the rock superstar is commemorating the record's 30th anniversary with a special re-issue of the LP set to be released on March 29th. And to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Talk Is Cheap, Richards recently sat down with Jim Kerr for an exclusive edition of iHeartRadio ICONS with Keith Richards, and fans from across the country can listen on iHeartRadio.

The 30th anniversary edition of Talk Is Cheap is being issued as a box set, which includes the album on CD and vinyl, as well as features six unreleased songs from the recording sessions, and an 80-page book. And for the hardcore Keith Richards fans out there, a super deluxe version of this re-issue also comes in a special case made by the Fender Custom Shop. During iHeartRadio ICONS, Richards opens up about the making of his very first solo album and so much more.

How To Stream The Show

Fans can listen and tune in free for a stream of the exclusive iHeartRadio ICONS with Keith Richards via iHeartRadio's The Classic Rock Channel on Thursday, March 28th at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Don't miss it!

[www.iheart.com]

Date: March 26, 2019 18:48

keefriff99
runrudolph
Jeroen

After watching the 3 videos I agree keefriff99. Even Jordan is not too enthused, I certainly wasn't, and I love the man.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: March 27, 2019 02:26

Steve opens “Layin’ It Down” episode with something I’d never heard before: The two of them met Tom Waits at Chateau Marmont, where he played them “Frank’s Wild Years.” Listening to it gave them a sense of freedom for what a Keith solo album could sound like.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: March 27, 2019 04:30

A snippet of “Brute Force” is played — another track featuring Maceo Parker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-27 04:31 by MelBelli.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 27, 2019 09:11

Can that be streamed somewhere or is it a Sirius exclusive ?

keithsman
keefriff99
keithsman
keefriff99
Oh god, WHY is he mucking with hair dye again?? He looks great gray.

Yeah and what happened to Keith saying all those toxins in the hair dye are bad for you. A change of heart, Keith's got something up his sleeve.
Maybe Keith's signed up for the life extension program that Mick's on, if he starts running either side of the stage during brown Sugar and Satisfaction it's a dead giveaway.
He also sounds pretty trashed in this interview...not a good sign.

Remember to take your ear plugs for the solo's on SFTD and butchered lyrics in all the wrong places on Can't Be Seen, not to mention he will forget how to play the intro to SMU and Happy. Expect lots of glaring looks from Mick and Chuck will take over most of the Tatar work with synth keys, can't wait.

Poor Ronnie should brace himself for Keith's "mean streak" that he said was gone since he stopped showing up drunk on stage in 2017!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-27 12:15 by gotdablouse.

Date: March 27, 2019 14:30

Could someone please post the full interview.
Thanks
Jeroen

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 28, 2019 07:34

dcba
"There was no agenda going in," Richards said. "We just thought, 'Let's see what comes of this.… Playing with a bunch of guys I'd known for ages and always wanted to play together, more than just on odd sessions here and there, it all fell together so naturally, it was really quite a joy.'"

Translation :
by 1987 the Stones were kaput. Mick had scored a point with his solo career so I needed to catch up. So I did TIC. I lost quite a lot of dough with the tour and I realized my fame was not that big after all. So when Mick offered a truce in 1989 I said "yes". grinning smiley

This is so true-I love Keith,he’s the same dirtbag he’s always been.the guy could sell ice cubes to an Eskimo.
He’s got his groupies thinking that solo gig was a great success, it wasn’t.it bombed even worse than Jaggers.Hes got this whole 30th anniversary thing going for an album that peaked at #25 in the States.
I think Main Offender topped out around # 85 or something.
That band was about half as good as the New Barbarians and shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as the Stones.
“I’m lucky to have been in two great bands”-ok, bro.
I have a friend who met him in the airport ,the whole band were getting off of a Southwest Airlines flight.
He needed that 89 tour,they all did.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 28, 2019 10:26

lem motlow
dcba
"There was no agenda going in," Richards said. "We just thought, 'Let's see what comes of this.… Playing with a bunch of guys I'd known for ages and always wanted to play together, more than just on odd sessions here and there, it all fell together so naturally, it was really quite a joy.'"

Translation :
by 1987 the Stones were kaput. Mick had scored a point with his solo career so I needed to catch up. So I did TIC. I lost quite a lot of dough with the tour and I realized my fame was not that big after all. So when Mick offered a truce in 1989 I said "yes". grinning smiley

This is so true-I love Keith,he’s the same dirtbag he’s always been.the guy could sell ice cubes to an Eskimo.
He’s got his groupies thinking that solo gig was a great success, it wasn’t.it bombed even worse than Jaggers.Hes got this whole 30th anniversary thing going for an album that peaked at #25 in the States.
That band was about half as good as the New Barbarians and shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as the Stones.
I have a friend who met him in the airport ,the whole band were getting off of a Southwest Airlines flight.

I can already smell the hot breath of snipers lining up against you both...a quick and cold reality check is not everybody's taste... Take care, dcba and lem!

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: March 28, 2019 11:15

Drunk and pathetic.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 28, 2019 11:25

retired_dog
lem motlow
dcba

Translation :

I can already smell the hot breath of snipers lining up against you both...a quick and cold reality check is not everybody's taste... Take care, dcba and lem!

I am no sniper and hopefully got no hot breath

I just question the point of measuring the quality of something creative trough the lens of how it peaked on the charts. It is a dumb way of measuring. Crap can peak very high in the charts. Sometimes great albums can too. Sometimes they don't.
If you don't like the album or Expensive Winos is very fine with me, I just disagree, but if you try to translate this taste into objectivity or "a reality check" well..

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 28, 2019 12:27

I doubt that anyone, especially Keith, thought that his solo work would top any billboard hitlist or whatever. Of course it wouldn't. It received exactly what could be expected: good reviews, a moderate liking from a small selected part of the world, and very big applause from people who liked the Stones *and* Keith's songs on Stones albums. So: a big success all over.
Where's the problem?
Did anybody seriously think that anyone expected Keith to have the same kind of success as Prince or Madonna at that time?
I saw the clips, and I just see Keith as he always is: slightly incoherent. It's one thing that hasn't changed with him since the early 60s: he's not good in being the centre of attention.

Date: March 28, 2019 14:32

Not sure that Keith's tour bombed, given the venue sizes and thirst for any Stones they pretty much sold out. All I know the Boston Orpheum Main Defender tour show was "Something Else"....>grinning smiley<

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 28, 2019 15:09

I love Keith, I question the timing of this re-release
(I do remember Rocky Dijon saying this had been planned on the books, anniversary)
But it seems.... weird so close to perhaps the last tour.
And maybe that’s why new music didn’t get released/ Honk ?
But they don’t work together all year now do they.
Memo my CD’s in the mail,
should arrive right around tour launch.

Date: March 28, 2019 15:22

matxil
I doubt that anyone, especially Keith, thought that his solo work would top any billboard hitlist or whatever. Of course it wouldn't. It received exactly what could be expected: good reviews, a moderate liking from a small selected part of the world, and very big applause from people who liked the Stones *and* Keith's songs on Stones albums. So: a big success all over.
Where's the problem?
Did anybody seriously think that anyone expected Keith to have the same kind of success as Prince or Madonna at that time?
I saw the clips, and I just see Keith as he always is: slightly incoherent. It's one thing that hasn't changed with him since the early 60s: he's not good in being the centre of attention.
Lem gets attention by being a Keith hater, so always look to him to put the worst possible negative spin on anything he's ever done.

I'm far from a knee-jerk Keith defender, but his spin on TiC and the resultant tour is ridiculous.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 28, 2019 15:40

MTVs Week In Rock, Dec. ´88:
[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 28, 2019 15:43

35love
I love Keith, I question the timing of this re-release
(I do remember Rocky Dijon saying this had been planned on the books, anniversary)
But it seems.... weird so close to perhaps the last tour.
And maybe that’s why new music didn’t get released/ Honk ?
But they don’t work together all year now do they.
Memo my CD’s in the mail,
should arrive right around tour launch.

Good to hear any new stuff. Keith's business group definitely taking advantage of tour coinciding with release(KEEP TOURING BOYS...HAHA). Only a guess but the Stones knew the new album would not get out so voila TIC 30th(and 1/2). Yeah my CD is in the mail, nice!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2004
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home