Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 22
Re: Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 16, 2019 13:13

DandelionPowderman
doitywoik
jpc.de has the double CD for €13,99 (slightly more on amazon, €15.36). At least reasonably priced, considering I'll be buying this just because of the 6 new tracks ...

Yet, somehow I doubt these will be substantial additions to the album, but let's see.

I hope they made a good edit of She Put The Mark On Me, though. Lots of good stuff in there..

[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up
I was waiting for this...
[youtu.be]

Date: January 16, 2019 13:17

KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman
doitywoik
jpc.de has the double CD for €13,99 (slightly more on amazon, €15.36). At least reasonably priced, considering I'll be buying this just because of the 6 new tracks ...

Yet, somehow I doubt these will be substantial additions to the album, but let's see.

I hope they made a good edit of She Put The Mark On Me, though. Lots of good stuff in there..

[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up
[youtu.be]

yeah, me too, but they're probably aware of the fact that Breaking I and II have been bootlegged to death smiling smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 16, 2019 13:18

DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman
doitywoik

[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up
[youtu.be]

yeah, me too, but they're probably aware of the fact that Breaking I and II have been bootlegged to death smiling smiley

I think you're right thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 16, 2019 13:55

Really like my babe.
Jeroen

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 16, 2019 16:44

The thing with "Breakin'" is the track is Jagger-Richards, not Richards-Jordan. The gentleman who compiled and produced TALK IS CHEAP SESSIONS (also packaged the two Wingless Angels discs, compiled VINTAGE VINOS, and oversaw the reissue of "Run, Rudolph, Run") is a lifelong Stones fan and IORR regular himself.

[www.lawrenceperyer.com]

He had the dream job of digging through six hours of outtakes to select 60 minutes' worth to finish up with Steve Jordan. HOLLYWOOD PALLADIUM and MAIN OFFENDER DELUXE EDITIONS will follow over the next few years. And like you'd expect, he's not handling Mick or Ronnie's reissues, regrettably.

This looks to be a very nice set.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 16, 2019 16:55

Rocky Dijon
The gentleman who compiled and produced TALK IS CHEAP SESSIONS is a lifelong Stones fan and IORR regular himself.

[www.lawrenceperyer.com]

Sir, please make sure the film elements of the 1988 Hollywood Palladium are scanned at 4K and give us a nice Bluray title.

When it comes to "Main Offender" please dig out the multitrack tapes of the London 1992-12-18 show and put them on a double cd.

That's all! Thank you! winking smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 16, 2019 16:55

Lyric video My Babe

[youtu.be]

Date: January 16, 2019 17:06

dcba
Rocky Dijon
The gentleman who compiled and produced TALK IS CHEAP SESSIONS is a lifelong Stones fan and IORR regular himself.

[www.lawrenceperyer.com]

Sir, please make sure the film elements of the 1988 Hollywood Palladium are scanned at 4K and give us a nice Bluray title.

When it comes to "Main Offender" please dig out the multitrack tapes of the London 1992-12-18 show and put them on a double cd.

That's all! Thank you! winking smiley

You can contact Lawrence via his website. I already asked for the Town & Country gig. It can never hurt to ask.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 16, 2019 17:24

Rocky Dijon
The thing with "Breakin'" is the track is Jagger-Richards, not Richards-Jordan. The gentleman who compiled and produced TALK IS CHEAP SESSIONS (also packaged the two Wingless Angels discs, compiled VINTAGE VINOS, and oversaw the reissue of "Run, Rudolph, Run") is a lifelong Stones fan and IORR regular himself.

[www.lawrenceperyer.com]

He had the dream job of digging through six hours of outtakes to select 60 minutes' worth to finish up with Steve Jordan. HOLLYWOOD PALLADIUM and MAIN OFFENDER DELUXE EDITIONS will follow over the next few years. And like you'd expect, he's not handling Mick or Ronnie's reissues, regrettably.

Breakin' started during the DW sessions but I don't remember a version with Mick singing it, in fact we only have one version with Keith. Now there are numerous takes in "Outside the Studio" so Mick might be on one of these.

Wow 6 hours of outtakes, that sounds like a dream indeed, hope this gets documented one day !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: folon ()
Date: January 16, 2019 17:42

also available for tons of money as a signed edition in a real wooden box:
[ukstore.keithrichards.com]

Date: January 16, 2019 17:53

gotdablouse
Breakin' started during the DW sessions but I don't remember a version with Mick singing it, in fact we only have one version with Keith.

Regardless of who sang it, if it's the Stones, it's credited to Jagger-Richards. Not sure if Jagger-Richards-Jordan is something Keith wants on a solo release. It's also possible there are other plans for the song.

Meantime, according to the peerless Nico Zentgraf...

850405B 5th April - 17th June: Boulogne-Billancourt (near Paris), France, Pathé-
Marconi Studios. Producers: The Glimmer Twins and (from 10th May onwards:
Steve Lillywhite. Sound engineer: Dave Jerden. Additional musician: Chuck
Leavell (keyb). Also jams with Steve Jordan (dr) and members of Duran Duran.
session 8th April incl.:
- Breakin' (MJ/KR) -KR on vocals; various takes
- Breakin' (MJ/KR) -MJ on vocals; various takes

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 16, 2019 18:02

Excellent. Finally a great reissue. It's too bad no Stones album has had this kind of treatment.

Date: January 16, 2019 18:09

GasLightStreet
Excellent. Finally a great reissue. It's too bad no Stones album has had this kind of treatment.

Sticky Fingers, Exile and Some Girls spring to mind?

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: January 16, 2019 18:11

excellent reissue

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 16, 2019 18:20

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet

Not really, not in this kind of way.

SF was just a few different takes, nothing significant regarding other songs.

EOMS was too short, with only 6 previously unreleased tracks.

SG wasn't representative of 1977-78 in an accurate way since it included 2 tracks from what became ER sessions.

All good in the sense of how we understand how they operate but, in general, letdowns compared to how other releases are handled. They have so much leftover material and that's what they released? They did a pretty poor job, really, considering that aspect.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: January 16, 2019 18:21

Which one Dandy?

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: January 16, 2019 18:42

Rocky Dijon
gotdablouse
Breakin' started during the DW sessions but I don't remember a version with Mick singing it, in fact we only have one version with Keith.

Regardless of who sang it, if it's the Stones, it's credited to Jagger-Richards. Not sure if Jagger-Richards-Jordan is something Keith wants on a solo release. It's also possible there are other plans for the song.

850405B 5th April - 17th June: Boulogne-Billancourt (near Paris), France, Pathé-
session 8th April incl.:

What was the other DW outtake that people connected to “Heartstopper” (along with “Breakin’”)?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 16, 2019 19:17

Rocky Dijon

[www.lawrenceperyer.com]

thumbs up There are only 6 bonus cuts, one at 3:12. The other 5 must be lengthy or does the 60 minutes include all future releases??? Hopefully we see the other stuff within 2-1/2 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-16 19:17 by Maindefender.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 16, 2019 19:22

Lien
Lyric video My Babe

[youtu.be]

Really cool.....drinking smiley

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: January 16, 2019 19:24

Please release the early ALMOST HEAR YOU SIGH!!!

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: January 16, 2019 19:32

“Talk is Cheap, Touring Deluxe box sets ain’t”

Couldn’t resist, bought one and my order was already above 150, they might not last long.
[ukstore.keithrichards.com]

Posted by: MusicBoy ()
Date: January 16, 2019 19:53

Gotta decide oo this quick...?! Someone I know bought the signed Super Deluxe Box Set and it shtwed only 20 downloads left...ouch! Looks great but only 250 total available...gotta decide...did anyone else here?! Thanks :-)

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 16, 2019 19:54

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet

Not really, not in this kind of way.

SF was just a few different takes, nothing significant regarding other songs.

EOMS was too short, with only 6 previously unreleased tracks.

SG wasn't representative of 1977-78 in an accurate way since it included 2 tracks from what became ER sessions.

All good in the sense of how we understand how they operate but, in general, letdowns compared to how other releases are handled. They have so much leftover material and that's what they released? They did a pretty poor job, really, considering that aspect.

Yes, in terms of bonus material, the Stones never give you the full meal like other artists, you get only a handful of rice...

...at a time, that is. They simply don't clear their, let's say Some Girls-era vaults by throwing everything out at once in one giant box set.

First, there is this obvious strategy to make the most of their vaults by not releasing all too much at once or in a very short period of time.

Then, there's lots of studio material that while being interesting in strictly musical terms has, if at all, only tentative guide vocals (often with unfinished or fantasy lyrics consisting of good sounding words that make no sense), so it's probably understandable that they - the singer in particular - don't want it out in this rough form. In other words - interesting material that requires further work to make it releasable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-17 05:08 by retired_dog.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 16, 2019 19:55

Yeah..i bought 4 signed items. Christmas is closing in.
Jeroen

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: January 16, 2019 19:57

How can it have two different prices at the same site?

Date: January 16, 2019 20:01

Maindefender
There are only 6 bonus cuts, one at 3:12. The other 5 must be lengthy or does the 60 minutes include all future releases??? Hopefully we see the other stuff within 2-1/2 years.

I think what he was saying was he started with 6 hours of outtakes from the TALK IS CHEAP sessions and brought Steve Jordan an hour's worth of outtakes to consider for release. I imagine it was pared down further from there. I don't think the Sessions disc runs 60 minutes. It would be nice. Maybe if the untitled blues jam runs 45 minutes, but I'm guessing the whole thing clocks in around 25 minutes.

The other two Deluxe Editions are coming over the next couple of years.

Date: January 16, 2019 20:03

deardoctor
Please release the early ALMOST HEAR YOU SIGH!!!

It's not on there. It's also unlikely Keith will ever release an early version of what became a Stones song. That's just asking for trouble.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 16, 2019 20:04

Rocky Dijon
gotdablouse

session 8th April incl.:

Wonder where Nico heard a version with Mick on vocals...

As to the bolded, not necessarily as evidenced by "Trouble" that was sung by Mick in 2002 and released as a Richards-Jordan track in 2015, but not yet booted. The same (in reverse) could apply to some WS songs that were started during the SW sessions according to Karnbach's book.

I remember reading somewhere that it was decided after LATTop being credited to Jagger-Richards that solo projects would no longer have joint credits. So in light of the above unless "Breakin'" has actually been copyrighted under "Jagger-Richards" it would have hardly been a problem to include it in that box set. Now maybe they have other plans for it but there are tons of much better material from the DW sessions to pick from.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Re: Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap 30th Anniversary Edition
Date: January 16, 2019 21:09

"Trouble" wasn't "Trouble" though, it was "Just Because" or "Because" and a good bit more country than rock whereas "Breakin'" was pretty much the same track in 1985 as it was in 1987.

Likewise, "Sweet Thing" and "Hang On Tonight" were ideas of Mick's from 1988 that were discarded early on during the STEEL WHEELS sessions that Kimsey later recommended Mick develop for what became WANDERING SPIRIT. I don't think there was Keith DNA on them to muddy the waters.

In the case of "Almost Hear You Sigh" and "One More Shot" I think Keith was protecting Steve Jordan's interest by insisting on a credit. And yes, I recall the Musician article where Keith was upset about "Lonely at the Top" bearing his name because it bore little resemblance to the actual Jagger-Richards tune (the embryonic "One Hit" sounds closer to what the Stones were doing in 1979).

Mick recycled "Lucky in Love" as a title for the same album, but considered it a completely different song. Likewise, "Oh No, Not You Again" which had been a Jagger-Dave Stewart song 12-15 years before the Stones claimed it. Stewart's released version from the 1990s only kept the title since the track's lyrics are largely just David Sanborn and Carly Simon riffing on DeNiro and Liza's dialogue from NEW YORK, NEW YORK.

Thanks for letting my memories spill all over the internet page. A pleasure as always.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: January 16, 2019 22:46

NeddieFlanders
[www.youtube.com]

My Babe. Sounds like Johnnie Johnson on piano...

N

Fantastic studio version.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1174
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home