Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Report This Message" and "Edit Post" on IORR
Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 13, 2019 12:37

EDIT POST:

You may change your own posts at any time by using "Edit post" under the post. Changing a single post is no problem, but please do not change the headline of an entire thread, i.e. if you started the thread. Sucha a small change is not a problem, but changing dramatically into "nothing" or something completely different is not recommended. If there is an issue with a thread you started please send an e-mail to the editot through iorr@arena.no.

REPORT THIS MESSAGE:

There is an issue with the "Report This Message" function on IORR. If there is something you would like to report, please follow this advice, which is a workaround to the issue:

1. Use the "Report This Message" link under the post in question

2. Select the report address as shown in your browser (example below), and copy (Control C)

3. Paste the address into an e-mail to "[email protected]", explain what the issue is, and copy the address of the post (Control V) into the e-mail

4. Send the e-mail, and it will be taken care of

A reported post address may look like this:

https://iorr.org/talk/report.php?1,2611298

The policy on IORR has been stated quite clear. Basically the rules are listed through the link on top of the forum pages "For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies".

Some times a reported post may be harmless, and it is forgotten as soon as the days go by. If it is offending, racist, sexist or in other ways hurtful to you, just let me know. IORR should be a safe and trustful place to be, you are with friends. Nobody will be allowed to hurt anyone here, so please let me know if you have issues.

Most of the time, in fact 99.9% of all the posts, there are no issues here on IORR. I just want things to be perfect, that is why I hav emade this post, while waiting for the issue to be fixed.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-14 16:16 by bv.

Re: "Report This Message" on IORR
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 13, 2019 16:04

BV, you are the best.

Re: "Report This Message" and "Edit Post" on IORR
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 15, 2019 13:18

Bravo BV !

OT: Making a Complaint on IORR
Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 7, 2019 12:36

As someone who’s not exactly a “natural” when it comes to anything whatsoever to do with IT, I would like to know what, if anything, happens when a complaint is submitted on this site from the “Report This Thread” button.

Do you receive an automatic reply stating your complaint has been received? If not, is there any way of being sure that it was sent successfully?

I fully understand that it’s bv’s decision as to whether or not the complaint is justified and what action may need to be taken so I’m just asking about an acknowledgement of the complaint in the first place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-07 12:38 by Harlem Shuffler.

Re: OT: Making a Complaint on IORR
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 7, 2019 12:41

Harlem Shuffler
As someone who’s not exactly a “natural” when it comes to anything whatsoever to do with IT, I would like to know what, if anything, happens when a complaint is submitted on this site from the “Report This Thread” button.

Do you receive an automatic reply stating your complaint has been received? If not, is there any way of being sure that it was sent successfully?

I fully understand that it’s bv’s decision as to whether or not the complaint is justified and what action may need to be taken so I’m just asking about an acknowledgement of the complaint in the first place.

I wouldn't know, i've never reported a complaint.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-07 14:49 by keithsman.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 7, 2019 13:57

Why not just carry around a big can of laughing gas?tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 7, 2019 14:30

Laughin' gas !!!...… Is keithsman a dentist ?????

ROCKMAN

Date: April 7, 2019 14:48

Rockman

Not as far as i know, but laughing gas in a good idea though >grinning smiley<

Date: April 7, 2019 14:51

Rockman

Damn - although I brush and floss regularly, and waste money on mouthwash I have not been to a dentist in 3 years. Damn, at this age, I better have $2000 to give.

Hell, maybe Keithsman has a better rate. Anything for laughing gas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-07 14:54 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 7, 2019 15:17

keithsman

Not knowing about something has never stopped you from going on about it before.
You sure the reporting issue can't somehow be traced back to Mick??
cool smiley

*edit
Just kidding keithsman, I also would never report an issue, best to leave the posters to sort it out and not add to bv's work load. Besides, the old "snitches get stitches" adage is one that was ingrained in me early and left a mark, so to speak winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-07 15:23 by MisterDDDD.

Date: April 7, 2019 15:27

MisterDDDD
keithsman

Not knowing about something has never stopped you from going on about it before.
cool smiley

*edit
Just kidding keithsman, I also would never report an issue, best to leave the posters to sort it out and not add to bv's work load. Besides, the old "snitches get stitches" adage is one that was ingrained in me early and left a mark, so to speak winking smiley

Damn- I thought it was "Snitchers keep snitching.. and I know why", which is my favorite part of T & A

Date: April 7, 2019 23:14

MisterDDDD
keithsman

cool smiley

*edit

Yeah i do go on a bit sometimes, but yeah totally agree, BV has enough to take care of without getting caught up in our storms in tea cups, and as you say, we don't snitch or tell tales. smileys with beer

Date: April 8, 2019 01:16

……. snitches … dobbers ……

ROCKMAN

Date: April 8, 2019 10:29

Rockman

dobber, that lovely Aussie term, do you miss living in Aus Rockman, i had a blast their for a while, sadly had to come home to the wind and the rain winking smiley

Date: April 8, 2019 10:37

…. YEAH Aussie Land …. wouldn't wanna be
anywhere else man …. everybody's tryin' ta come here …
…. Everybody wants ta say mate … but that's something ya gotta earn …

where were ya shacked up when ya were down here ?????....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 8, 2019 11:07

Rockman
…. YEAH Aussie Land …. wouldn't wanna be
anywhere else man …. everybody's tryin' ta come here …
…. Everybody wants ta say mate … but that's something ya gotta earn …

where were ya shacked up when ya were down here ?????....

It was 30 years ago lol, just south of Brisbane, i was big on surfing back then so went with a friend until we outstayed my welcome, damn you have some great beaches, people were friendly too.

Date: April 8, 2019 11:19

OH way up there …. you shoulda come
down here to the promised land ……. and surfed at Bells …

ROCKMAN

Date: April 8, 2019 11:35

Rockman
OH way up there …. you shoulda come
down here to the promised land ……. and surfed at Bells …

I know, i have been to Victoria, its beautiful, but only for a holiday, we stayed in Brisbane for a year, HOT, great times, always wanted to go back, there's still time.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 8, 2019 16:19

editot ? drinking smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 10, 2019 18:14

Rockman

I'd love to see the list of users who reported the most. I know how many I've reported, zero. In fact, I've never clicked on the "Report" option, I don't know what happens when you click on it. I see it as bad karma, like stealing a rhino horn.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 10, 2019 21:37

The Sicilian
Rockman

I'd love to see the list of users who reported the most. I know how many I've reported, zero. In fact, I've never clicked on the "Report" option, I don't know what happens when you click on it. I see it as bad karma, like stealing a rhino horn.

The "Report this message" does not work. I do get some reports by e-mail, but there are just a fedw ones. Feel free to report as told in the first post of this
thread, if something is completely out of line, or offending.

Bjornulf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home