Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: 1968 Copyright preservation tracks on YouTube
Posted by: ash ()
Date: January 22, 2019 13:24

straycat58
ash
Kennedy
I believe that's why the Paris 67 recording was given a very limited release last year.

Interestingly (or perhaps not) , I don't believe ABKCO has any rights to the Paris 65 to 67 concerts. They belong to Europe 1 who recorded and broadcast the shows Musicorama and/or it's parent company. I am currently trying to obtain a licence for a 1961 concert in their archives and it is clear that it is owned by them and I assume the same is true for the rest of their catalogue including the Stones shows.
ABKCO also claim, according to BMI.com, for example, that Don't Lie To Me is a Jagger / Richards composition published by ABKCO as is the Stevie Wonder track being discussed elsewhere on the forum.
Given that a lot more from the Beggars period is around on bootleg, it's surprising that only these 4 tracks are up for copyright protection. What about Blood Red Wine for example ? Does this mean that it's fair game and now in the public domain. We know ABKCO have a tape for it. Their copyright theories don't seem very well thought out.

Hence, Musicorama should also be the owner of the Olympia october 1964 concert, if you have contacts you could maybe ask if it is still available

It has now been confirmed to me that the earliest Rolling Stones show Europe 1 retain is from 1965.
Good to know but a bummer at the same time. 1964 show would have been great to hear so unless someone taped it off-air, I'm afraid it's unlikely to be heard again.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home