Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

rolling stones permanent museum.
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: January 10, 2019 22:40

was wondering if there is a stones permanent museum. i

know they have exhibitions etc but imagine a stones permanent museum, probably based in london. where using all the modern technology that museums do today to give the ultimate rolling stones experience.

it would help introduce the bands music to newer generations after the band are gone.

it could have all sorts of different exhibits, photos, paintings. interactive dispays that modern museums do.

. various rooms all interjoining but each with a theme only to a particular time period, 1962-65, 66-67, 68-74, 75-86, 89 onwards. each room would be decked out in pictures, photos, paintings of that era from band on stage to crowd shots at concerts to promotional videos, and music of that era would be heard in the background, then you walk into another room and get a different effect from a different era.this would help new fans to understand the vast diversity ofthe stones music through the years.

then there could be a long list of exhibits detailing the bands history, in stories and photos, in various languages.

the next part would be the wax works, from band members themselves to session musicians and back up musicians and various other people who were important to the success of the band.

then there could be an interactive theme, where you can navigate through the years, or any individuals own personal history, to individual songs and concerts, set lists and general info stored in the bands archives, included could be a quiz detailing thousands of questions.

the next part could be personal items exhibited. ie clothes worn in concert, guitars and other instruments used detailing the concerts used in, where known.used ticket stubs, and another physical items relating to the bands history.

next part would be a series of small theatres where people would come in for a highlighted concert in 3d to get the same effect as being there, using the same technology used for the blackpool tower experience, individual concerts could be highlighted so people could choose which theatre to go in, and shows could last 30 minutes.

then theres a small model exhibit of actual stages they used in concerts, complete with characters,

then theres an exhibit of a simulated mock up back stage, and actual stage, with lights and sound effects and visuals where you walk through and experience going on stage as you hear and see a crowd superimposed on the screen in front,

then theres photos of official album and single covers, official band photos and exhibits of some of ronnies paintings regarding the band to.

then theres the shop, selling everything, old vinyl singles/albums/vhs/dvd/cd, etc, books, photos, merchandise clothing, toys, and any other general stuff that could be sold, including soft drinks,sweets etc.

then theres the bar/coffee shop/resuraunt selling jaggerburgers, woody cakes etc and all sorts of other drinks, food, meals etc.

there could be play areas for kids complete with soft toys, of jaggers lips, woodies nose.

all this would take up about 30% of the space the sciencemuseum in london uses. all free of charge, except a small donation.

who thinks this is a goer or will it just not get enough interest.

Re: rolling stones permanent museum.
Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: January 10, 2019 23:25

It would be cool...but probably unlikely to have an officially sanctioned one.

Currently there is the one in Germany: [stonesfanmuseum.com]

And Matt Lee is planning one of his own.

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 10, 2019 23:34

rcfoxy
It would be cool...but probably unlikely to have an officially sanctioned one.

Currently there is the one in Germany: [stonesfanmuseum.com]

And Matt Lee is planning one of his own.

There are actually two Stones museums in Deutschland. Will post the link for the other one shortly.

plexi

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 10, 2019 23:51

timbernardis

There are actually two Stones museums in Deutschland.

Three "Stones-Museums": [iorr.org] .

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: January 11, 2019 00:14

When does someone's "Collection" become a "Museum"? When you charge admission to see it, when you have a website, and/or....?

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-11 00:19 by rcfoxy.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 11, 2019 01:35

rcfoxy
When does someone's "Collection" become a "Museum"? When you charge admission to see it, when you have a website, and/or....?

When you’re Matt Lee. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 11, 2019 01:59

SomeTorontoGirl
rcfoxy

There's only one Matt Lee!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 11, 2019 02:48

Hey Matt Lee, I just scored an original I think lol
Black and white photo of Mick
‘The Man From Elysian Fields’
holding the cigarette in the blue suit
I am a non investor collector
But this picture of Mick is
valuable to my eyes!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-11 02:49 by 35love.

Date: January 11, 2019 07:20

It is this photo of Mick Jagger, seated in a saville row blue suit, pondering his next move
[www.hollywood.com]

I really like that photo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-11 07:21 by 35love.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 11, 2019 10:51

rcfoxy

When a grumpy looking man tells you to be quiet and stop running about or you'll be kicked out...and you can't eat that burger in here !

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 11, 2019 15:29

I have one at my house.

Admission is a 6-pack of beer or a Keith Richards guitar pick.

Date: January 11, 2019 17:26

On a serious note:

Matt Lee, Director/ President of The Rolling Stones Archives

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 11, 2019 17:43

Elmo Lewis
I have one at my house.

Admission is a 6-pack of beer or a Keith Richards guitar pick.

i'll be right there. winking smiley

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 13, 2019 10:34

SomeTorontoGirl
rcfoxy

What Matt Lee did last year was fantastic! He has a great collection and I contributed to it with a small Stones related gift. If any Stones fan, having a change to see his collection for free, would contribute with something he/she has in access, one day he could create a real museum.
Also, if the Stones themselves would help out, it would increase the chance of having a real museum (with modest entrance fee) in London town.
One condition though, NO BREXIT ...grinning smiley

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: January 14, 2019 12:00

Many thanks for all your kind words. The rumours are true, I have purchased a central London commercial unit and intend to open my museum towards the end of the year. It will be modest in size but will still pack in at least 1,000 rarities.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 14, 2019 15:10

mattleeuk
Many thanks for all your kind words. The rumours are true, I have purchased a central London commercial unit and intend to open my museum towards the end of the year. It will be modest in size but will still pack in at least 1,000 rarities.

Sounds great!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: January 14, 2019 17:11

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 14, 2019 17:27

mattleeuk

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: RMNice1958 ()
Date: January 14, 2019 20:14

Matt's museum will be awesome and something look forward to between 25 June and the next tour.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 15, 2019 08:57

Carnaby

Hi Carnaby,
Where was this shot taken? 1966?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 15, 2019 15:03

Matt, sounds wonderful. Many congrats! Cheers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1375
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home