Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith and Winos tours
Date: January 10, 2019 14:44

I've been listening to Keith's solo albums a lot lately. He definitely made sure that all his material was fit to rock on stage. From the first two albums he performed all the songs regularly. He may not have done "it means a lot" that often; but I know for sure that on the first show of thew Winos ever, I was there, and "Means a lot" was the encore, and I still can feel the goosebumps. Best song of night.
What I really appreciate about Keith's solo tours though, is that he chose not to perform "You don't move me".

Re: Keith and Winos tours
Date: January 10, 2019 14:47

He played it at the Palladium. Check it out from 7:59:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 10, 2019 15:07

Palace Revolution 2000

What I really appreciate about Keith's solo tours though, is that he chose not to perform "You don't move me".

He kept it for his solo spot on a reformed Stones tour (just kidding).grinning smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 10, 2019 15:15

dcba
Palace Revolution 2000

He kept it for his solo spot on a reformed Stones tour (just kidding).grinning smiley

dcba, You bitch ! grinning smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 10, 2019 15:20

No wonder he didn't play it more often, that recording sounds like a garage band making a song up on the spot, and that's being generous !

[youtu.be]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 10, 2019 15:35

I was at the 1st Winos show ever - Fox Theater in Atlanta on Thanksgiving night. I'm pretty sure he didn't play "It Means A Lot".

Encores were "Connection" and "Rockawhile"

Date: January 10, 2019 16:07

Elmo Lewis
I was at the 1st Winos show ever - Fox Theater in Atlanta on Thanksgiving night. I'm pretty sure he didn't play "It Means A Lot".

Encores were "Connection" and "Rockawhile"

Elmo, I was there too. I remember those songs you mention. But I am positive the very last song was "it means a lot". It may even have been a second encore.

Date: January 10, 2019 16:08

PR2000 may be speaking of the SNL appearance.

Date: January 10, 2019 16:09

Elmo, I just went and checked Nico's site. he has it mentioned too. as the very last song. Nico won't let you cut and paste; but it is there under 1988

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 10, 2019 16:16

Don't cut and paste. Use Control-C to copy and Control-V to paste and it works fine. Just provide a URL in your post or Nico sends thugs to your house to break your china.

881124A 24th November:KEITH RICHARDS. Atlanta, Georgia, Fox Theater
(Take It So Hard/How I Wish/I Could Have Stood You Up/Too Rude/
Before They Make Me Run/You Don’t Move Me/Make No Mistake/
Time Is On My Side/Big Enough/Whip It Up/Band introduction/Locked
Away/Struggle/Happy/Connection/Rockawhile/It Means A Lot)
Note: The whole show minus It Means A Lot was privately filmed.

[nzentgraf.de]

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-10 18:30 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: January 10, 2019 16:33

He played It Means A lot at the end of most US dates. I saw it at the Universal Amphetheater

Date: January 10, 2019 16:52

Could be I'm wrong.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 10, 2019 17:03

I went to the DC show. Encore was Connection, Rockawhile, and It Means a Lot. They did You Don't Move Me, but the intro with the guitars bouncing back and forth didn't work.

Date: January 10, 2019 17:04

How often Did the Winos do "Somethin' Else" ?

I've just got an old VCR of it from that Barcelona Guitar Festival.

... I Just love Keith's version of that.

Date: January 10, 2019 17:11

Spud

It was the opener on many 1993-shows.

Date: January 10, 2019 17:39

Was it really ? ...that snippet of information had completely passed me by .

[I didn't really keep abreast of the Winos shows at that time. Probably because there was no prospect of me being able to attend any grinning smiley ]

Some of that stuff should be released !

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 10, 2019 17:43

Here it is from the Japanese television broadcast of the Boston show from February 1993.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 10, 2019 17:44

Here's one of the Beacon Theatre-shows:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: January 10, 2019 18:19

, I Means A Lot was not in the Rotterdam Ahoy setlist, Whip It Up was the encore,

Great Concert in Rotterdam
GA was sold out and as soon they came out with loud guitars I jumped out my seat and run to a higher level to dance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-10 18:31 by runaway.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 10, 2019 19:14

Spud

dcba, You bitch ! grinning smiley

Keef on the SW tour during his solo spot : "this one's dedicated to Mick who's currently hiding backstage. It's called "You Don't Move Me". 1 2 3 4..."

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: January 10, 2019 19:51

[www.youtube.com]

Keith Richards Hate It When You Leave Live '93 Boston

RIP - Babi Floyd - his vamp solo vocals just priceless and Keith loves it

Date: January 11, 2019 11:16

Rocky Dijon
Here it is from the Japanese television broadcast of the Boston show from February 1993.

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks for that, very kind of you.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: January 11, 2019 11:52

I can live with the fact that I was not able to see THE rolling stones in their heyday - I was born a couple of months before the recordings for Let it Bleed started - but it makes me mad to know that I could have easily seen the Winos if only I knew that they were touring Europe in 1992 (in those days, despite me being a huge fan, stones info was extremely rare here in Italy).

WHAT A BAND!

C

Date: January 11, 2019 12:39

Thanks re. info on 'You don't move me". I really thought he had refrained from doing it.
Keith put together such a great, great band. Not only did the players fit and have chemistry, but he turned them into a proper Band.
My favorite few seconds of the Winos, I think is [youtu.be] is here on 'Struggle' at 2:43, and 2:48, when the guys yell '
"Struggle!". It is perfect. I can see Waddy pumping his fist, and Ivan, cigarette dangling trying to figure out if he is supposed to play this song, or make a sandwich. LOL, Ivan always looked to me like he was wondering if he was in the right room.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: January 11, 2019 15:24

Spud

It was not Barcelona, but Sevilla

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: January 11, 2019 15:51

I wish Keith did more live shows when the Stones were on break. I saw a couple of the Wino's shows between the Meadowlands & Beacon theater but it has been decades?!

I really love hearing Charlie Watts at the Iridium with his small band. That gave me reason to hope the Stones weren't touring ...the chance to hear that again is right up there!

In short, even when the Stones weren't/areen't working I would have like hear more side projects. I know they need their rest/break after the big tours but seems there is/was plenty of time for the "projects. I am sure I am missing a few projects & it seems they keep busy but just want /wanted
to hear a little more live music from them.

Oh...I regret missing Ron & Mick T Jimmy Reed shows. That's what I am talking about!

I am not asking them to be like Bob Weir ...would never seems to stop playing live, but he would be a great one to do a project with-just sayin!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home